Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

Hell in the heel

Rose8
    Rose8

Hell in the heel Empty Hell in the heel

Post  Rose8 Mon 14 Jun 2010, 1:54 am

I have large eraser head size hot spot on the back of my right heel with another much larger "streak" running parallel to it, same width though...so it looks like this |* . And I have no idea what volcano this goes too. I do know that it hurts more than the ones on the hands did, maybe because it's much larger? So, it was exactly 8:48PM CST when this suddenly flared. I wonder what volcano it goes to. I guess I'll be monitoring the news again.
    Rose8
    Rose8

Hell in the heel Empty Re: Hell in the heel

Post  Rose8 Mon 14 Jun 2010, 5:20 pm

Gorely Volcano Eruption

Possibly lost in the vuvuzela noise, but Eruptions readers over the weekend noted that Gorely on the Kamchatka Peninsula in Russia had its first eruption in over 20 years. The Russian media has a brief report mentioning that the volcano produced an ash plume that "stretched over a hundred kilometers" (horizontally). The plume was causing some disruptions of local air travel and threatening a geothermal plant, but no real other details beyond that were offered. So far, there has been no update about the possible eruption on the KVERT status page.

Gorely is really a set of five overlapping stratovolcanoes within a caldera system. They have been fairly active, producing relatively frequent VEI 2-3 eruptions over the last century, but the volcanic cluster hasn't had an known eruption since 1986. I stress "known" because the volcano is fairly remote (as a lot of things are in far eastern Russia) and only one seismometer monitoring the area. There have been suggestions that Gorely erupted or came close to erupting a number of times over the last decade, but nothing has been substantiated. Gorely isn't small-fry either - the eruption that formed the caldera ~38-40,000 years ago ejected over 100 km3 of volcanic tephra and although another eruption of this magnitude is not a likely event, it is in the volcano's history. Most recent eruptions have been relatively small volume vulcanian and phreatic events erupting basaltic andesite.
    Rose8
    Rose8

Post  Rose8 Mon 14 Jun 2010, 5:26 pm

Eruption News

I found a website that tracts volcanic activity, so saved it to my favorites. I am going to start tracking my volcano symptoms because they're far easier to track than EQ's because they're far less common.

There was one eruption yesterday, in Russia. Fairly easy to conclude, right? I wish the article had a timeframe. What was extra interesting about the hotspot last night was the extra "line" next to the hotspot. Could it be that the caldera this particular volcano is linked with was also flaring with pressure and that is the shape of the caldera? I wish I knew. I might do some research on this particular volcano.
    melinda
    melinda

Hell in the heel Empty heel...

Post  melinda Wed 16 Jun 2010, 1:07 am

first words that came to mind when i read your post...~TAR HEEL~

may be the volcano in the gulf of mexico.

dove

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:57 pm