Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

Interesting day with the dogs...

DearWife

Interesting day with the dogs...

Post  DearWife on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 11:08 pm

I started writing about what happened here at our place Friday of last week but didn't finish it up until today. This is what had happened.

-------
    Friday, June 25, 2010

This morning as my husband and I were sleeping we were awakened by the barks of our dogs. They kept barking and barking none stop. My husband gets up and he sees that our neighbors new dog is loose. It was about 7:30 in the morn and the traffic in our area wasn't too high. I'm looking out the window and see him running around in the street then goes back to the gate where he came out with the other dogs there. The problem was that every time he saw a person he would follow them then run back across the street. Cars and trucks were slowly but surely making their way in the neighborhood.

I grab my binoculars and see our other neighbor walking home from work and the dog starts following him back to his house. Our dogs are alert looking out of our gate towards where this little dogs was going. I tell my husband that we need to get him or he's going to get ran over. The neighbor that this dog belongs to runs a car dealership and doesn't get there till around 9:00. So my husband gets Sunny ready to take him on a walk since he's a little friendlier with dogs than Mighty. I stand on our porch watching as my husband is walking down the street. The little dog spots them and starts running across the street. By this time about two vehicles had passed by and I'm so glad they were driving slow. People in our neighborhood can fly down our road in their cars at top speeds and it's not only the cars but the truckers two and I'm talking about 18-wheelers. It's a dangerous street and I know because I was about 1 foot from getting ran over by an 18-wheeler when playing tag with my friends and accidentally running a little ways into the street from the sidewalk when I was a little girl.

Now as my husband is walking, the doberman pincher is pacing back and forth and whining. It was like it knew that either the little dog was in trouble or that he or she wanted to get out the gate as well. My husband and our dog continue to walk closer and closer but the little dog doesn't approach and it seemed to be from the fact that Sunny was a pretty big dog compared to him. He barked along with the other dogs and stays back. At this point my husband comes back and decides to take Mighty because the little dog just wouldn't come to them.

This time I go out with him. My husband is with Mighty and I see as a black car slowly pulls up and I see two women in the car. I come around to the passenger side and see this heavy set woman with some food trying to coax the little dog to come near the car. He was about two feet from her but she didn't get out the car. I see the woman and I'm like, "that's our neighbors dog he got loose and we're trying to catch him." The lady then said, "I can help" But as my husband comes up behind me with Mighty the ladies in the car decide to drive off. The little dog had no collar and it looked like if I didn't come up they would have taken him. There was also a truck with two guys in it which was parked where the dog was that my husband said was laughing at us. My husband said, "F-them" He was upset because no one seemed to even care that this little dog was wandering in the street and almost getting hit by the cars.

I had written a letter while I was at home and had it with me in case we were able to catch this little feller. So my husband and Mighty are behind me and I see that the little dog goes up to Mighty without much problem. We believe it was because he was seeing a dog more his size. He was slightly smaller than Mighty. Mighty and him begin to sniff each other. I felt that was the opportunity to get down to his size so I crouch down and use a high voice saying, "Come here buddy...it's alright" He comes towards me and I gently grab him and place him under my right side arm. My husband placed the extra leash we brought around him and I go to the mailbox to drop the letter in to the neighbor notifying him that his dog is with us. Mighty at this point is super hyper and just excited that I had the dog with me. We walk on home across the street.

When we got home Mighty goes ballistic and starts jumping up at both me and the little dog in my arms. We had Sunny tied up because we still are working on getting him and Mighty to learn commands. One of Mighty's tendencies is while he jumps up, he has to use his mouth to grab at things. So as I'm still standing near the gate coming in, Mighty jumps up at me to get at the little dog. I swear Mighty would be a good circus dog the way he jumps up. But as he jumps up he tears the gloves I had on my hand. My husband then goes ahead and ties up Mighty.

We then proceed to the backyard. We set him down but I had to hold him back for awhile till my husband handled our dogs. The little feller was trembling and shivering. It was a little after 8 when we got him. When everyone was relaxed, we tied him to a leash and allowed him to walk around freely. He was very well mannered and his black and brown coat was very clean. We had a few bones out in the backyard which he grabbed and started gnawing on. He was very content.

Within this time I took my glove off because my hand felt a little discomforted. I took it off and see blood on my right index finger. It was from Mighty when he was trying to get to the little dog but instead got my glove. We're going to have to focus Mighty's attention with his jumping and snapping doing something else...maybe jumping through a hula hoop for a snack. bounce

As time got closer to 9 o'clock in the a.m., we kept a look out for the owner. We see a few people but they were looking at the cars he had on his lot. They drive off. We continue to wait and more cars show up there as well as the traffic began to get more heavy. I was so glad that he was with us at this point because people were beginning to pick up the pace with their driving. Finally, we see our neighbor and my husband gets ready to take the dog back over to the man.

As my husband is getting ready to leave, I see an SUV show up at the neighbor's lot and it seemed it was a customer who came to take care of some paperwork. My husband decides to walk over with the dog but waits till our neighbor is done speaking to his customer. I see my husband finally went up to him but they briefly speak, not enough time to talk about how he got out. Then I see as the man goes to his car and leaves and at the same time my husband is putting the dog back into the gate. I'm standing on our porch saying to myself, “No! No! He's going to get out again.” My husband begins to walk on back and he gets back to our place and at the same time I'm seeing the dog going through the bottom portion of the gate and he runs like mad back to our house. I tell my husband, “Just get him and your going to have to tell the man why his dog is getting out.”

The reason why the dog was getting out was because within the week the whole block was getting a new fence in, it could have been part of the community improvement project for businesses that our city has been working on. There were holes in the ground ready for the posts to be put in which is where the little dog came out of. Now mind you he had all night to do this and I have no clue as to why this happened during the morning time. He could have gotten out sooner if he wanted to.

So now we have the little guy back and we bring him back to the backyard to wait again for the owner. I told my husband to let him know why the dog got loose again. So Mighty and Sunny are just looking at the dog so we decide to let him off the leash and just go say hi to the fellas. I saw as he tried to stay away from Sunny but Mighty and him began to stand up on their hind legs like they were dancing. Then the little feller goes up to Sunny and decides to stand up putting his front paws near Sunny's shoulders. They were all getting along rather well, however, Mighty began to start a little ruckus and I got my staff and told him to get on back. Mighty likes getting all the attention and doesn't like it when we play with Sunny. So we decide to separate everyone back to their neutral spots and wait for the man to come back to his place. We come back inside the house.

At some point I decide to wake up my son so he can see the dog. He gets up and looks out the window and is thrilled to see him. I tell him to get dressed so that way he can walk with his dad when he brings the dog back to his owner. We wait for about another half hour or so. Our neighbor comes on back. My husband and son get ready to go and give the dog back. My son spends some time with him but I tell him he can't touch the dog with his hands cause he might not have his shots. I remember when the dog was on the porch the first time that my husband said he had parasites. It looked like he had a tick on his paw or something.

My husband and son go on ahead and take the dog back to his rightful owner. At this point my husband is talking to the man for some time. I knew he was telling him how he got out and suggested getting him to the SPCA for shots and getting neutered. When my husband is done speaking, they come on back.

I ask my husband how it went. He told me that the dog was given to him. I said, “really?” He said that a woman came up to him asking him if he wanted a dog but he ignored her and then when he came back the woman was gone but this dog was left behind. Now when I heard this, I had flashbacks to the woman I saw parked in a white car across the street from our house several weeks after we got Mighty and Sunny. That woman was on her cell phone staring back and us while we were in the front with our dogs. I saw that she had a little black dog with a little white on it's coat in her back seat. I thought it kind of unusual and decided to take a picture of her when I got back into the house through our window. I wondered if maybe that was the person who may have dropped Mighty off at our house. I wondered at it for several days. I told my husband about my remembering the woman and was connecting the two. It seemed too much of a coincidence at this point. Maybe this woman was going around town dropping off dogs in the hopes of finding owners and keeping them from out of the pound to get euthanized or some other reason. I didn't get a clear sight of her face since she was a little bit too far for me but she was clearly blonde with wavy hair and had glasses on. I chucked it up to maybe her getting a phone call in the middle of driving and so that was the reason why she pulled over.

Now as I type this, I do wonder why this happened but a few things came to mind when I was out in the back with the little dog, I remembered scripture come back to me:

If thou see thy brothers ox or sheep go astray, thou shalt not withdraw thyself from them: But shalt bring them home again unto thy brother. If thy brother be not nigh unto thee or if thou know him not, then bring them unto thine own house and let them be with thee, until thy brother ask after them, and then deliver him them again. In like manner shalt thou do with his ass, with his raiment and with all lost things of thy brother which he hath lost and thou hast found, and thou mayst not withdraw thyself.”

And also this in Matthew 22:
    “When the Pharisees had heard, how that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they drew to gether, and one of them which was a doctor of law, asked a question tempting him and saying: Master, which is the chief commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him: Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and the chief commandment. And there is another like unto this. Love thine neighbor as thyself. In these two commandments hang all the law and the Prophets.

And of those guys in the car laughing at us, remind me of what Jesus said in Matthew 24:

“And Jesus went out and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him, for to show him the building of the temple. Jesus said unto them: see ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you: there shall not be here left one stone upon another, that shall not be cast down.
    And as he sat upon the mount Olivet, his disciples came unto him secretly saying. Tell us when these things shall be: and what sign shall be of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered, and said unto them: take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name saying: I am Christ: and shall deceive many. Ye shall hear of wars, and of the fame of wars: but see that ye be not troubled. For all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and realm against realm: and there shall be pestilence, hunger and earthquakes in all quarters. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
    Then shall they put you to trouble, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my names sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one the other. And many false prophets shall arise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall have the upper hand, the love of many shall abate. But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be safe. And this glad tidings of the kingdom: shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations: and then shall the end come.”

God Bless Smile
    beejean

Mighty and Sunny Work on family Rules

Post  beejean on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 1:17 am

Hi Dear Wife,

Thanks for writing up that interesting story about the dogs in your neighborhood and your dogs. I hope that everything has settled down now and the neighbor has figured out how to keep the fence situation under control.

It sounds as if you have your hands full with Sunny and Mighty and that your family is very good with understanding the need of attention on the part of the two dogs. It's great that you were even able to get to the point of having the stranger little pup into the yard with Mighty who is up to being the Alpha in the duo at your place.

We here don't have a dog because we don't have a regular enough schedule to look out after it. The dog would be lonely or confused about the pecking order here with my two sons home parts of the year but generally away at college.

I think that it's a challenge to interact with the neighbor dogs. There was a dalmation owned by our next door neighbors that just passed away, and they brought in a new dog that seems like it must have been from a shelter because it came to the house already trained and pretty large. I think it's a mongrel. Also, new people moved in next door and brought an older dog. A doberman pinscher lives down the street. I'm pretty wary of the dogs but I like dogs in general. It just seems like I suddenly have a lot of new dogs to get used to in the area. Now I know how they (the dogs) feel. Maybe the up side is we'll have fewer groundhogs nosing around.

I hope that Mighty will stop nipping. If your husband is the disciplinarian, then he should be very firm with punishment when Mighty nips.

It's good to look back on your day and see how God's word has helped you to minister effectively to all things in your neighborhood. Thanks again for writing this down.
    God Bless you. Smile
    DearWife

Re: Interesting day with the dogs...

Post  DearWife on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 4:55 am

beejean wrote:Hi Dear Wife,

Thanks for writing up that interesting story about the dogs in your neighborhood and your dogs. I hope that everything has settled down now and the neighbor has figured out how to keep the fence situation under control.

It sounds as if you have your hands full with Sunny and Mighty and that your family is very good with understanding the need of attention on the part of the two dogs. It's great that you were even able to get to the point of having the stranger little pup into the yard with Mighty who is up to being the Alpha in the duo at your place.

We here don't have a dog because we don't have a regular enough schedule to look out after it. The dog would be lonely or confused about the pecking order here with my two sons home parts of the year but generally away at college.

I think that it's a challenge to interact with the neighbor dogs. There was a dalmation owned by our next door neighbors that just passed away, and they brought in a new dog that seems like it must have been from a shelter because it came to the house already trained and pretty large. I think it's a mongrel. Also, new people moved in next door and brought an older dog. A doberman pinscher lives down the street. I'm pretty wary of the dogs but I like dogs in general. It just seems like I suddenly have a lot of new dogs to get used to in the area. Now I know how they (the dogs) feel. Maybe the up side is we'll have fewer groundhogs nosing around.

I hope that Mighty will stop nipping. If your husband is the disciplinarian, then he should be very firm with punishment when Mighty nips.

It's good to look back on your day and see how God's word has helped you to minister effectively to all things in your neighborhood. Thanks again for writing this down.
    God Bless you. Smile

Hi beejean, Thank you and your welcome Smile I find it challenging too with our neighbors, just that we seemed to find a common ground with this particular neighbor because he started walking his German Shepard on the street and he'd come up to our gate to see Mighty and Sunny. Sunny hardly barks but for a reason. Mighty wants to bark at everyone. The high school girls, the mother and little son and the sister (she sometimes starts screaming but when she doesn't see Mighty she's wondering where he's at), the old lady, the mail man, our neighbor lady who was trying to say hello to him, just everybody. We can be out in the backyard, then all of a sudden, he shoots off running to the front to bark at anyone coming by. He's brought some smiles to the neighborhood which I haven't seen too much of. People see how small he is making such a fuss and they smile and some laugh while Sunny is standing there just looking. It's just a trip. We have a bark collar that we're going to try. We don't mind the barking but at everyone it's just a little too much.

I invite the new dogs on the block because now we've had at least 4 home invasions in our neighborhood. There were 200 police officer layoffs which is just going to make things worse. The dogs in the neighborhood plus ours alert us if someone is walking down the street at night, or they can just be barking at cats which is rather annoying. The cats around here are rather bold. I'll have to share another story about what Mighty did one morning, but when I began to read your reply, I remembered another thing that happened this morning plus, what happened with Mighty a couple of times.

But with this morning, the same neighbor's other dog got loose. This time it was a larger dog, somewhat of a black lab mix. (He's got like 5 dogs total now). My husband said that the guy that walked him was not the owner but when he came back and put him in the gate, that dog ran out down the street. My husband said he was gone running and he didn't think he was going to come back. Again, I felt the need to help but he's a much bigger dog and my husband said that the guy is going to have to figure out what to do with the fence issue. The guys are still working on it, and the thing is, they didn't even seem to care that the dog got loose and yet they've been employed to fix the fence. Besides he wasn't in sight anymore.

I had said a prayer that he'd come back. Then when I looked out the window I saw him across the street and then he began walking back to the lot but wandered a little. He wasn't running in the street like the little dog was which was a relief. When the owner showed up I saw as the fence guys were pointing and such like they didn't know where his dog went. I grabbed my binoculars at that point and I saw the dog's tail show up in the background of them talking and the owner looked back and they all looked back to see him. I saw the little dog was doing well. He stayed with his owner following him. I saw another new dog there too which I was surprised to see. But so far everyone seems settled down now and the new fence is almost done.

Now with Mighty, he decided to run a couple of times already. My husband thought he was going to stay in the gate when he came back home with my mom one day, but he booked and started running up the street. My husband backed up and caught him in the neighbor's yard 5 doors down relieving himself. My husband got down and starting calling on him and he came up to him then grabbed him.

Thing is though I had a terrible dream that he got hit by a car. From that point I decided to go online and buy some chicken wire but we didn't use it when we got it because we ended up getting very busy. He hadn't tried to escape since, however, when we started taking them on walks (we weren't able to do very much of that at the beginning either for being so busy), that is when he tried to prod his nose out the gate at the opening of the door. That was the only little opening we had and we found that out when my husband was looking out the window and seeing Mighty sticking his head out. I banged on the wall and he came back in. If my husband wasn't looking at that moment he would have probably made it out. That is another reason why I figured that he was dropped over the gate when we first got him because he never made any attempt at leaving nor putting his nose through that area until we started up the walks.

I remember that day when they took Sunny out for a walk and came back to the front I told him to try coaxing him out the door to see if Mighty can get all the way through. He was able to get his head and body out but that was through a little bit of help. So that evening we decided to use the chicken wire to patch it up. I'm glad I had the dream because the chicken wire came in handy that day.

It was at this point we had to start tying Mighty up for good till we figured out how to handle our situation. But this one morning, my husband went to tie him up when he was getting ready to leave with my mom. I was still asleep so I hadn't a clue of what was going on until my mom called and woke me up. She said Mighty got loose and that my husband was trying to get him.

I was like oh no, not again. But by the time I got up, my husband had already pulled up and I saw him with Mighty. My husband came in so upset. He said he tied Mighty up and that when he came back to the car, Sunny was barking and barking. He looked and Mighty was gone. He said he booked down the street then next thing he sees is Mighty parading in the middle of the intersection with cars on the left of him and the right of him. My mom began to panic in the car. He didn't want to start running after him because he felt this would make him start running. Now at this point the illegals waiting for jobs across the street are helping to try and catch him. They try to corner him and at this point my husband sees nature's calling on Mighty and this gave him to opportunity to sneak up and get him. My husband was flipping mad and said that Mighty had no sense of home and that we had to keep him locked up for his safety. That day my views changed a bit because of how the illegals tried to help us with Mighty. If they had not been there, Mighty might have ran off and got hit by a car.

I remember when he was on punishment I would come up to Mighty and tell him that we need him around and that he can't go out into the street or he may get ran over by a car. This reminds me of when cats would get hit by cars and my mom would warn our cat and show her if she goes walking across the street this might end up happening to her. She stopped after seeing that. Similarly, about several weeks after that incident, when we would get ready to leave, instead of Mighty coming out to great us, he started running back into his house. I thought it odd but then I began telling my husband about the talk I had with Mighty, that maybe he got the picture. But I also prayed that day while he was with me that he would stop trying to leave.

I hope so too that he stops with the nipping. I tell my husband that he is giving Mighty too much affection when we go outside. I felt the signal from Sunny because he would bark every time we would go up to Mighty first. But this changed when I started noticing that we were going up to him because he's the smaller dog and the tendency is to go up to him because he's the smaller dog. I stopped and started going up to Sunny now Mighty get's upset. It's like the rival siblings sometimes. Things have cooled off a lot since we got them at the beginning though, which is a good thing.

Since we got them, I started noticing all the new dogs in the area too. We have this yelping Chihuahua in the back, and there is this very very large St. Bernard that this guy walks down the street. There is a guy who walks his German Shepard and little poodle at night which all the dogs in the hood start to bark at. We get stray dogs pass on by too. I never noticed so many dogs before here ever! This did cut down on the cats that kept sparring with each other in the neighborhood. The birds have come back too and we've been getting hummingbirds as well. It's just been amazing to see how God's creatures work together.

"It's good to look back on your day and see how God's word has helped you to minister effectively to all things in your neighborhood." Amen Smile

God Bless you too Smile

P.S. Oh boy, we just heard some dog drama down the street, sounded like the dogs were fighting over at the lot. I hope that the little one is okay. Oy! There's not much we can do since they ain't our dogs. We can only maintain ours at this point.

beejean

Post  beejean on Sat 03 Jul 2010, 12:42 pm

DearWife wrote:
    He's brought some smiles to the neighborhood which I haven't seen too much of. People see how small he is making such a fuss and they smile and some laugh while Sunny is standing there just looking.

[Just] sounded like the dogs were fighting over at the lot. I hope that the little one is okay. Oy! There's not much we can do since they ain't our dogs. We can only maintain ours at this point.

Dear Wife, I hope your summer goes well ! i just LOOKED at the Farmer's Almanac last night and it listed TODAY as the beginning of the DOG DAYS of summer. sunny

So far I haven't had too much happening with neighbor dogs the past few weeks (and I haven't even met my new neighbor yet, although my husband has met him). I am feeling a little stretched to get everything done in a day because of different things coming up with the cars both winking their engine lights at me in the past 10 days.

Definitely feeling "we can only maintain ours at this point," type of thing here also. Lucky that the Holy Spirit has life-giving and life-sustaining infinite ability. We can see just how infinite when we look at all the action around us.

Have a good weekend! sunny
    DearWife

Post  DearWife on Mon 05 Jul 2010, 6:56 am

beejean wrote:
    DearWife wrote:
    He's brought some smiles to the neighborhood which I haven't seen too much of. People see how small he is making such a fuss and they smile and some laugh while Sunny is standing there just looking.

[Just] sounded like the dogs were fighting over at the lot. I hope that the little one is okay. Oy! There's not much we can do since they ain't our dogs. We can only maintain ours at this point.

Dear Wife, I hope your summer goes well ! i just LOOKED at the Farmer's Almanac last night and it listed TODAY as the beginning of the DOG DAYS of summer. sunny

So far I haven't had too much happening with neighbor dogs the past few weeks (and I haven't even met my new neighbor yet, although my husband has met him). I am feeling a little stretched to get everything done in a day because of different things coming up with the cars both winking their engine lights at me in the past 10 days.

Definitely feeling "we can only maintain ours at this point," type of thing here also. Lucky that the Holy Spirit has life-giving and life-sustaining infinite ability. We can see just how infinite when we look at all the action around us.

Have a good weekend! sunny

Thank you beejean, hope you have a great summer as well as weekend too Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 7:59 pm