Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

AT&T confirms cell service outage in south Orlando

Bill Silver Eagle
    Bill Silver Eagle

AT&T confirms cell service outage in south Orlando Empty AT&T confirms cell service outage in south Orlando

Post  Bill Silver Eagle Sun 21 Feb 2010, 12:37 pm

AT&T confirms cell service outage in south Orlando – UPDATED
    Personal Technology, cell phones, iPhone — posted by etan horowitz on April, 13 2009 10:40 AM Discuss This: Comments(52) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
    UPDATE 2:45 P.M.: AT&T says that service has been totally restored.

UPDATE 12:55 P.M. – Service is now being restored and AT&T says everything should be back to normal in the next 20 to 30 minutes.

When asked if customers could get a credit on their bills for the outage, spokeswoman Gretchen Schultz advised customers to call 1-800-ATT-2020 and she said service representatives will "work with them on a case-by-case basis to address their issue or concern."

One person reported that their service went down around 2 a.m. while others said they noticed the outage around 6:30 or 7 a.m. this morning.

Schultz said the outage was due to an "equipment issue" and that it began around 7 a.m.

end update

UPDATE 12:37 P.M.: AT&T spokeswoman Gretchen Schultz says the company does not currently have an estimate for when the outage will be fixed but that it will be "well within 24 hours."

She also said that, despite reports of outages in Windermere, "all indications point to this being an isolated incident in the south Orlando area and not an issue across the AT&T network."

One customer reported that he got service back after rebooting his cell phone.

end update

AT&T Orlando spokeswoman Gretchen Schultz says that some portions of South Orlando are experiencing cell phone service outages this morning.

Schultz said the outage impacts AT&T's older, GSM cell phone network, not the newer, faster 3G network. So customers that have an iPhone 3G would not experience the outage, but customers with the original iPhone, which runs on the EDGE network, might.

"Yes, we have portions of South Orlando without GSM service (not UMTS/3G)," Schultz wrote in an e-mail. "We currently have crews working on repairs. I unfortunately do not have any more information at this time but will keep you updated as I learn more."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/etan_on_tech/2009/04/att-confirms-cell-service-outage-in-south-orlando.html

Apparently this also made national CNN Coverage on Television, as my mother in Central Florida (Bright House Cable) said CNN had a round-table panel discussion and there were concerns about this being somehow linked to a terrorist act. I have not found any confirmation of this anywhere.
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

AT&T confirms cell service outage in south Orlando Empty Hey Bill!

Post  Polly, AZ Sun 21 Feb 2010, 11:03 pm

Bill Silver Eagle wrote:AT&T confirms cell service outage in south Orlando – UPDATED
    Personal Technology, cell phones, iPhone — posted by etan horowitz on April, 13 2009 10:40 AM Discuss This: Comments(52) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
    UPDATE 2:45 P.M.: AT&T says that service has been totally restored.

UPDATE 12:55 P.M. – Service is now being restored and AT&T says everything should be back to normal in the next 20 to 30 minutes.

When asked if customers could get a credit on their bills for the outage, spokeswoman Gretchen Schultz advised customers to call 1-800-ATT-2020 and she said service representatives will "work with them on a case-by-case basis to address their issue or concern."

One person reported that their service went down around 2 a.m. while others said they noticed the outage around 6:30 or 7 a.m. this morning.

Schultz said the outage was due to an "equipment issue" and that it began around 7 a.m.

end update

UPDATE 12:37 P.M.: AT&T spokeswoman Gretchen Schultz says the company does not currently have an estimate for when the outage will be fixed but that it will be "well within 24 hours."

She also said that, despite reports of outages in Windermere, "all indications point to this being an isolated incident in the south Orlando area and not an issue across the AT&T network."

One customer reported that he got service back after rebooting his cell phone.

end update

AT&T Orlando spokeswoman Gretchen Schultz says that some portions of South Orlando are experiencing cell phone service outages this morning.

Schultz said the outage impacts AT&T's older, GSM cell phone network, not the newer, faster 3G network. So customers that have an iPhone 3G would not experience the outage, but customers with the original iPhone, which runs on the EDGE network, might.

"Yes, we have portions of South Orlando without GSM service (not UMTS/3G)," Schultz wrote in an e-mail. "We currently have crews working on repairs. I unfortunately do not have any more information at this time but will keep you updated as I learn more."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/etan_on_tech/2009/04/att-confirms-cell-service-outage-in-south-orlando.html

Apparently this also made national CNN Coverage on Television, as my mother in Central Florida (Bright House Cable) said CNN had a round-table panel discussion and there were concerns about this being somehow linked to a terrorist act. I have not found any confirmation of this anywhere.

Good to see you posting here. Amazing how many have shown up here. One of these days ALl electronics are going to go down and NOT come back up. CNN did a "similation" last night with a special panel of government officials discussing just this thing. They will repeat the show tonight (Sunday, Feb.21) on CNN - 8:00PM EST. I caught the last 1/2 hour of it last night. Pretty much what would have happened for Y2K, but at least they are talking about it now in the open.. Take care!

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:41 am