Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+10
Steven_Redlands
Petra
Lar
*Cynthia
geenee
SonicSal
Michael
socalshakin
Calibabe
Hattiesdad
14 posters

Heads up Cali...

geenee
    geenee

Heads up Cali... - Page 2 Empty to Petra RE: Manmade Quakes

Post  geenee Tue 23 Feb 2010, 4:37 am

Calibabe wrote:
    Petra wrote:I'm perplexed about comments about "man made earthquakes" because everyone who suggests such events never has any research which ties the causitive to the event itself. So if one is looking in that direction, if they would be so kind as to offer some form of research which can support it, then I think we might be more willing to give it some consideration.

So can they define what does the term "made made" means? Is it a bomb? A secret laser weapon? If they think it's HAARP or CERN, how does that work, might be a good question. Given global seismicity hasn't changed since these two inventions went into operation it seems less plausible. And wouldn't some scientists want to do something about it if it's happening? They sure do for nuclear detonations.

Another issue is supposed precursors to such events and man made events don't come with precursors, so that seems a little hard to buy into.

And lastly, earthquakes that are generated by an artificial source can be ascertained when reading seismograms, so how is it possible to explain that part of it?

Given ear tones aren't proven yet, but supported by a decade of research it is still hard for many to buy into the possibility that it actually happens and in all fairness, I'd like to offer those who make suggestions of man made events the opportunity to support their point of view, but a little more information would surely bring some focus in this regard and give us a chance to think about what is or isn't possible in our own thoughts.

Petra

Petra,

You seem to be in the same camp as I am. I just can't see what kind of device that it would take to generate the type of power needed to move tectonic plates in the earths crust to cause an earthquake to happen. I understand the part that the animals can sense things as I have watched my dogs react to approaching storm fronts, especially the past heavy rain we had in January of this year in CA. They do feel and sense things that are going to happen in advance. That said, I just can't see how HAARP or CERN would be able to do what others suggest that it would.

I think we, as people, always want answers to "why this or that happens" because we want to always, always be in control of our destiny or events that are going on around us and I think, at least from my stand point, we need to understand that there is no control. Sure we can control certain aspects to our lives like where we go or what we personally do, but outside of that, it is pretty much up in the air. I think that is why we are always looking for answers or wanting to know when events happen what could we learn from that to possibly prevent the next event from happening.

While we have made advances in forecasting as far as hurricanes go and they have proven to be accurate for the most part, that science is still not 100% accurate. Tornado warning systems have advanced to give some notification but sometimes as with that town in Kansas a few years ago, it was literally wiped off the map without hardly any warning. There in again, we as human beings thought we had control, but somehow that control always seems to get wrestled from us or an event happens that shows us that while we have those systems to give advance notice, mother nature sometimes just doesn't play nice.

Again, it is the control thing.

Hi Petra, I am attaching this video for you in response to your posting. Not sure if this will answer any questions but I decided to do some detective work on this subject. I am still in the deciding phase on this topic.

Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Heads up Cali... - Page 2 Empty Re: Heads up Cali...

Post  Calibabe Tue 23 Feb 2010, 3:35 pm

geenee wrote:
    Calibabe wrote:
    Petra wrote:I'm perplexed about comments about "man made earthquakes" because everyone who suggests such events never has any research which ties the causitive to the event itself. So if one is looking in that direction, if they would be so kind as to offer some form of research which can support it, then I think we might be more willing to give it some consideration.

So can they define what does the term "made made" means? Is it a bomb? A secret laser weapon? If they think it's HAARP or CERN, how does that work, might be a good question. Given global seismicity hasn't changed since these two inventions went into operation it seems less plausible. And wouldn't some scientists want to do something about it if it's happening? They sure do for nuclear detonations.

Another issue is supposed precursors to such events and man made events don't come with precursors, so that seems a little hard to buy into.

And lastly, earthquakes that are generated by an artificial source can be ascertained when reading seismograms, so how is it possible to explain that part of it?

Given ear tones aren't proven yet, but supported by a decade of research it is still hard for many to buy into the possibility that it actually happens and in all fairness, I'd like to offer those who make suggestions of man made events the opportunity to support their point of view, but a little more information would surely bring some focus in this regard and give us a chance to think about what is or isn't possible in our own thoughts.

Petra

Petra,

You seem to be in the same camp as I am. I just can't see what kind of device that it would take to generate the type of power needed to move tectonic plates in the earths crust to cause an earthquake to happen. I understand the part that the animals can sense things as I have watched my dogs react to approaching storm fronts, especially the past heavy rain we had in January of this year in CA. They do feel and sense things that are going to happen in advance. That said, I just can't see how HAARP or CERN would be able to do what others suggest that it would.

I think we, as people, always want answers to "why this or that happens" because we want to always, always be in control of our destiny or events that are going on around us and I think, at least from my stand point, we need to understand that there is no control. Sure we can control certain aspects to our lives like where we go or what we personally do, but outside of that, it is pretty much up in the air. I think that is why we are always looking for answers or wanting to know when events happen what could we learn from that to possibly prevent the next event from happening.

While we have made advances in forecasting as far as hurricanes go and they have proven to be accurate for the most part, that science is still not 100% accurate. Tornado warning systems have advanced to give some notification but sometimes as with that town in Kansas a few years ago, it was literally wiped off the map without hardly any warning. There in again, we as human beings thought we had control, but somehow that control always seems to get wrestled from us or an event happens that shows us that while we have those systems to give advance notice, mother nature sometimes just doesn't play nice.

Again, it is the control thing.

Hi Petra, I am attaching this video for you in response to your posting. Not sure if this will answer any questions but I decided to do some detective work on this subject. I am still in the deciding phase on this topic.

While that clip makes for interesting listening, I really hate when and this goes straight back to the "control" thing that I stated that as human beings we always want there to be control, over our circumstances, our surroundings, etc., so that when an event like a hurricane or earthquake happen, we are all left with "why did it have to happen here/there" scenario. My first thought after hearing about the Haiti earthquake was, "why in of all places Haiti. Those people have harldy anything an now they have nothing". I had even thought about getting on a list to volunteer to go over and do emergency services along with my husband. After we discussed it I said "You know before this earthquake happened, you saw misery at 180 degrees, now we would see misery 360 degrees". It was a true statement. Since my husband overseas and has control over a HAZMAT program where he works when 9/11 hit and because he also has experience in fire service, he actually thought about getting one of the first flights out and going back to help. But the reality hits you that once you get there how much good can you do and with what.

I also don't like to get into "conspiracy theories" ala the likes of Alex Jones. Don't get me wrong on this, I think that there are some things where Alex does get a direct hit and then making it public maybe gives those who are trying to pull a fast one, some cause to take a stand down, but not everything is a "conspiracy".I also tend to think and this again, is my personal opinion, that he tried to scare people to the point where you would literally be fearful of everything that happened and that is not the way that I want to live my life. Northrdige & Loma Prieta weren't "created" events. I think I have said before that I was on the phone with my life long best friend who lived in Walnut Creek right outside of San Fran and she had called because she was going through some difficulties in her marriage at the time and we were talking and all of a sudden, I heard her start to get silent and then all of a sudden this roar started and I heard her screaming and I was screaming back "what the hell is happening" and she said "earthquake, a really big earthquake". It was the most wild moment that I can recall being on the phone with someone. What amazed me most was that we didn't lose the phone connection. Thankfully she had prepared and used straps to keep her stuff like the television, entertainment center and cabinets from coming open or tipping over. She had a cat at the time and she did say that it had become almost crazed right before hand.

I do believe that our government does some really crazy, funky things that they probably should not do and try to force us to do things that we are against. That said, I ask anyone to tell me if this is the worst place to be, where in the world would you want to be and what country would it be? Seriously. Where and why? I have lived through the '60's with Vietnam, the '70's with Watergate, a president resigning, and the election of an in my opinion ineffective president, gas lines, lousy economy, interest rates at 15-20% and a recession, the '80's which was a lot of fun with music and the start of people beginning to believe in this country once again after the last 20 years, the '90's where we had huge booms in both the economy and then the dot.com bust, and now in the first decade of 2000, where we had 9/11, two wars (one necessary, the other I am still deciding about), a huge boom in housing and then the fall of the markets (which is not over with) and a large recession, a general dissent among the population with those who govern us.

I guess we will have to see how this decade and especially what changes we make this year with the upcoming elections. Remember you have a vote for a reason. Use it and make your decision based upon the information that you find, not what you are told. For me personally, I would really like to see a complete change of every seat in congress. We have 435 seats. How worse could it be if every single seat changed? We certainly can't do worse then the crop of village idiots we have in there now. Again, just my opinion. Also I think the thing that pisses me off is the fact that they just don't listen to what the American people, who pay their salary and all the perks they get, say. They feel they are "entitled" to their positions. So I say vote them all out. Then we will have change.

Again that gets a little off topic but I just don't think that there is a "weapon" or anything else that we have to do what, of all people, Hugo Chavez, says was done. Also he is a little bit out there, if you catch my drift.
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Tue 23 Feb 2010, 5:16 pm

We certainly can't do worse then the crop of village idiots we have in there now. Again, just my opinion. Also I think the thing that pisses me off is the fact that they just don't listen to what the American people, who pay their salary and all the perks they get, say.

Love it! Heads up Cali... - Page 2 Lol
    I also wanted to go help with these Disasters BUT I always felt that I will get a chance to help out in my own back yard so to speak. I don't want to speak that or want it but unfortunately it is going to happen some day; NOT today though!
    Heads up Cali... - Page 2 Icon_eek
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Tue 23 Feb 2010, 7:46 pm

geenee wrote:
    We certainly can't do worse then the crop of village idiots we have in there now. Again, just my opinion. Also I think the thing that pisses me off is the fact that they just don't listen to what the American people, who pay their salary and all the perks they get, say.

Love it! Heads up Cali... - Page 2 Lol
    I also wanted to go help with these Disasters BUT I always felt that I will get a chance to help out in my own back yard so to speak. I don't want to speak that or want it but unfortunately it is going to happen some day; NOT today though!
    Heads up Cali... - Page 2 Icon_eek

True enough there. I know that when the next one happens it is gonna put those of us that have the experience in action.

I'm also with you on the NOT today thing as well.
    Mary/Portland, OR
    Mary/Portland, OR

Post  Mary/Portland, OR Tue 23 Feb 2010, 10:37 pm

Petra wrote:Hi Cali,

I think the things we need to pay attention to are simple things like listening to find out if the birds are singing in the morning, which honestly I followed for years and it does work. No songs, means a quake is coming. Or watching for neighborhood squirrels that don't show up to play. And women's intution is a good one as well, but the old ways have gone by the wayside because most are to busy to take time to notice.

Ask a farmer about the width of a caterpiller's stripe and he'll tell you what kind of winter is ahead and as one man who cares for race horses said to me following an earthquake, "If you want to know when an earthquake is coming, ask a horsemen. Scientists don't know anything."

There's quite a few things that happen before earthquakes, but we have to take the time and to me, it's valuable time.

Petra

Hi Petra - I certainly hope that if there were to be a major quake in Nor Cal today, we'd be hearing about all kinds of strange phenomena beforehand.

Such as fridge magnets plummeting towards the floor, etc.

It's a shame people are so disconnected from the natural world these days that we've collectively lost sight of the patterns and signs all around us.
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Tue 23 Feb 2010, 11:17 pm

Mary/Portland, OR wrote:
    Petra wrote:Hi Cali,

I think the things we need to pay attention to are simple things like listening to find out if the birds are singing in the morning, which honestly I followed for years and it does work. No songs, means a quake is coming. Or watching for neighborhood squirrels that don't show up to play. And women's intution is a good one as well, but the old ways have gone by the wayside because most are to busy to take time to notice.

Ask a farmer about the width of a caterpiller's stripe and he'll tell you what kind of winter is ahead and as one man who cares for race horses said to me following an earthquake, "If you want to know when an earthquake is coming, ask a horsemen. Scientists don't know anything."

There's quite a few things that happen before earthquakes, but we have to take the time and to me, it's valuable time.

Petra

Hi Petra - I certainly hope that if there were to be a major quake in Nor Cal today, we'd be hearing about all kinds of strange phenomena beforehand.

Such as fridge magnets plummeting towards the floor, etc.

It's a shame people are so disconnected from the natural world these days that we've collectively lost sight of the patterns and signs all around us.

Mary,

Does that really happen? I have a ton of magnets on both the front and side of my frige? I haven't even noticed them falling before, but then I lived in a two-story home where the kitchen was downstairs. Now everything is on one floor with the kitchen down the hall.

I do watch my dogs. When we got that last round of really heavy weather through here in January, I would say maybe 2-3 days before that they were just rammy as hell and there was nothing, not a thing that you could do to satisfy them. Petting them didn't work, feed, outside, nothing. Once the rains started they all curled up and slept. Even the thunder and lightening that we got, which is rare, didn't wig them out. Our older dog is used to thunder and lightening (coming from FL), but our middle dog can't stand when we have the fireplace on and the wood pops. He starts out going down the hall, all the way to our bedroom. The youngest one doesn't mind the noises that much either.

I seriously never heard about the magnets on the fridge before.
    Mary/Portland, OR
    Mary/Portland, OR

Post  Mary/Portland, OR Tue 23 Feb 2010, 11:49 pm

Calibabe wrote:

Mary,

Does that really happen? I have a ton of magnets on both the front and side of my frige? I haven't even noticed them falling before, but then I lived in a two-story home where the kitchen was downstairs. Now everything is on one floor with the kitchen down the hall.

I do watch my dogs. When we got that last round of really heavy weather through here in January, I would say maybe 2-3 days before that they were just rammy as hell and there was nothing, not a thing that you could do to satisfy them. Petting them didn't work, feed, outside, nothing. Once the rains started they all curled up and slept. Even the thunder and lightening that we got, which is rare, didn't wig them out. Our older dog is used to thunder and lightening (coming from FL), but our middle dog can't stand when we have the fireplace on and the wood pops. He starts out going down the hall, all the way to our bedroom. The youngest one doesn't mind the noises that much either.

I seriously never heard about the magnets on the fridge before.

Hi Calibabe - I've read many accounts of magnets temporarily losing their magnetism prior to quakes. I like to keep my fridge magnets lined up in such a way that I could tell if they were to start slipping.

Here's one example I found via google search:

"The Meissner Effect as a precursor in Japan, 1855

A shopkeeper in Edo (Tokyo) had a large horseshoe magnet on display as a conversation piece. Several iron objects had been placed on the magnet to demonstrate its strength. One day the objects fell; the magnet had failed. Several hours later a large earthquake struck. The iron objects were again attracted to the magnet. (Rikitake; Tributsch)"

Here's the link for the above: http://www.earthquakewarning.org/

I recall reading about a similar incident with a large magnet becoming de-magnetized prior to the Nisqually Quake in Feb 2001, but I can't find a link to the news article I read at that time...

Anyway, there are lots of examples, and it makes sense to me that compasses and magnets would display anomalies prior to quakes, given that electro-magnetic field disturbances are known to occur around certain quakes. Maybe the degree of electro-magnetic changes depends on the type of rock in the local fault zone, which is why it doesn't happen with each & every quake...
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Wed 24 Feb 2010, 1:05 am

......And we certainly couldn't have noticed if the magnets fell off during the Northridge quake, because when we all got up,
    everything was on the floor Exclamation Exclamation
    lol!
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Wed 24 Feb 2010, 3:12 pm

Nightmoves wrote:......And we certainly couldn't have noticed if the magnets fell off during the Northridge quake, because when we all got up,
    everything was on the floor Exclamation Exclamation
    lol!

True enough there.

Still pretty interesting. I have the ones on the side lined up and have done it that way for years. The ones on the front are only a few so if they slid I would know right away. Will keep watch.

I had a fork flip right out of the dish of tuna that I was making for my husband this morning but I don't think that quite qualifies. Very Happy
    Michael
    Michael

Heads up Cali... - Page 2 Empty too quiet

Post  Michael Fri 26 Feb 2010, 2:42 am

It seems a little to quiet in here in CA especially southern by looking at USGS map

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 4:34 am