Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!


    thou fool...

    Share
    avatar
    DearWife

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2010-02-17

    thou fool...

    Post  DearWife on Tue 31 May 2011, 7:29 am

    I was laying upon my bed when these words that Jesus said came back to me:

    "Ye have heard how it was said unto them of the old time: Thou shalt not kill. For whosoever killeth, shall be in danger of judgement. But I say unto you, whosoever is angry with his brother, shall be in danger of judgement. Whosoever sayeth unto his brother *Raca, shall be in danger of a council. But whosoever sayeth thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."
    avatar
    beejean

    Posts : 542
    Join date : 2010-02-20
    Location : Boston area

    Thou Fool

    Post  beejean on Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:26 pm

    Hi DearWife,

    Hope things are going well for you today. Am having a bit of a dilemma here with a dog and a neighbor over here and was hoping you could pray about it.

    Where I live, there are often reports of people resorting to getting dogs for protection. My neighbor on one side ended up getting a dog like that. They bought this dog a few months after their nice dog passed away, about a week after the police chased some robbers down the street and into their back yard.

    Now, there are people in these parts, I hear from the news and local folks, that keep dogs as if they were only to be beaten and made mean in order to use these dogs as agressors on people approaching them. I had never seen one of these types of dogs before, but my neighbors went to get a guard dog from the pound and ended up with a dog that is part chow part something else that does nothing but snarl.

    Now police train dogs for protection, but their dogs are responsive to commands. This dog seems to ignore commands from its owners. I feel bad for the dog because it seems fearful of humans and simply incessantly snarls and bares its teeth whenever it appears near the chain link fence. It goes crazy throwing itself against the fence, barking and growling if another dog even walks by on a leash. So I really feel bad for people walking little dogs down the street.

    My husband lost his temper with the owner last weekend when he was trying to put some shrub trimmings into a recycle leaf bag and the dog threw himself against the chain link growling like he'd wish to hamstring him in the back of the calves when he had his back turned.

    Now the owner has been keeping the dog away from the property line fence since that, but I'd still like you to pray for the owner- that they may be safe from the possible perils of their own dog's ferocity. You could also pray for our safety if you get a minute. Meanwhile I'll pray that everything goes right with your dogs... and BTW thank you for thinking of me during the Massachusetts tornado.

    Also, "thou fool" came to mind for me this week in thinking about the whole situation with the animal. It was a shame that the dog was maltreated, a shame that the robbers came, a shame that the dog is now like an unmanageable aggressor, and I was trying to think of what possible good can come out of this whole chain of events. Will have to wait and see if foolish short-sighted goals, and foolish short-sighted arguments can be healed over.

    Best Wishes , beejean
    avatar
    DearWife

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2010-02-17

    Re: thou fool...

    Post  DearWife on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

    beejean wrote:Hi DearWife,

    Hope things are going well for you today. Am having a bit of a dilemma here with a dog and a neighbor over here and was hoping you could pray about it.

    Where I live, there are often reports of people resorting to getting dogs for protection. My neighbor on one side ended up getting a dog like that. They bought this dog a few months after their nice dog passed away, about a week after the police chased some robbers down the street and into their back yard.

    Now, there are people in these parts, I hear from the news and local folks, that keep dogs as if they were only to be beaten and made mean in order to use these dogs as agressors on people approaching them. I had never seen one of these types of dogs before, but my neighbors went to get a guard dog from the pound and ended up with a dog that is part chow part something else that does nothing but snarl.

    Now police train dogs for protection, but their dogs are responsive to commands. This dog seems to ignore commands from its owners. I feel bad for the dog because it seems fearful of humans and simply incessantly snarls and bares its teeth whenever it appears near the chain link fence. It goes crazy throwing itself against the fence, barking and growling if another dog even walks by on a leash. So I really feel bad for people walking little dogs down the street.

    My husband lost his temper with the owner last weekend when he was trying to put some shrub trimmings into a recycle leaf bag and the dog threw himself against the chain link growling like he'd wish to hamstring him in the back of the calves when he had his back turned.

    Now the owner has been keeping the dog away from the property line fence since that, but I'd still like you to pray for the owner- that they may be safe from the possible perils of their own dog's ferocity. You could also pray for our safety if you get a minute. Meanwhile I'll pray that everything goes right with your dogs... and BTW thank you for thinking of me during the Massachusetts tornado.

    Also, "thou fool" came to mind for me this week in thinking about the whole situation with the animal. It was a shame that the dog was maltreated, a shame that the robbers came, a shame that the dog is now like an unmanageable aggressor, and I was trying to think of what possible good can come out of this whole chain of events. Will have to wait and see if foolish short-sighted goals, and foolish short-sighted arguments can be healed over.

    Best Wishes , beejean

    Hi beejean, sorry to get back with you so late. I checked my email yesterday and saw your reply.

    A couple of Sundays ago, my husband and I were in the backyard and my husband was getting tools under the house, I looked to the left of me over at our property fence and saw a man in our neighbors backyard. I mentioned to my husband when he was under the house, that that man doesn't seem like he is supposed to be there. When we first went out I heard some rummaging but thought it was our neighbors. But knew at this point, that man was not to be over there. I looked at him, and he looked at me. He casually moved along then I walked on the side of the house and saw that he rode off on a bike with the neighbors orange extension cord and some other items. I went and told my husband what I saw and convinced him to try calling the neighbors but when we went into the house we could not find his number. These are new neighbors by the way. They had gotten their pipes stolen the first week they moved in.

    Later on in the day my husband talked with the neighbor. We found out that the same people who stole the pipes was the same guy who came and stole the things in the backyard. The neighbor's cousins wife saw it all too but she was in the house alone with the kids and was scared he would break in. The neighbor said it was a man and a woman. At that point, I knew who they were. They were the same man and woman who come and rummage through our garbage, the ones that asked us for our car batteries and my husband said was nice to him about it. So apparently, he was robbing to get extra money from recycling down the street or to sell to others - although I didn't see the woman with him I don't actually know what they look like as they are mostly out at night. When I heard that it was the same people, I was saying to myself, what do we do with that issue? Do we call the cops? I mean, yea it is bad for them to steal, but if it is because he is getting money to get food in his and the woman's belly, then what do we do about that?

    We saw them one night taking an old stove away in a grocery cart from the neighbors house as well but I assumed the thing was in front of the house, I didn't know at the time they were actually going to the house when it was vacated and stealing pipes and tools and other things. This evening, the same guy looked to stop in front of the gate and paced back and forth a bit till he walked on off. The previous owners had transients and illegals coming on the property to work odd end jobs so that house was a pretty open to some strange characters.

    But concerning your neighbors dog, ours do bark at transient looking types, but they end up barking a little bit too much at people who aren't even considered a threat. They don't like strollers, carts, scooters, or bicyclists. I do notice though, that if a person is on a bicycle and they don't pay the dogs any mind, then they don't bark. It is same with people walking by, if they don't give the dogs eye contact the dogs leave them alone. People in the cars driving by will tend to stop and make noises at them and they'll go ballistic. There's even this little girl with down syndrome whose parents take her to and from their truck they park in front our house sometimes that they'll bark at. The only way they don't bark out others is when I'm there yanking their collar to take their attention off the person and I tell them, NO! Sunny doesn't like trucks or the UPS truck when it drives off. I've had to call out on him to stop barking. He'll bark at other dogs passing by also, big dogs, small dogs, it doesn't matter what kind of dog. It could be across the street and a block down and he'll detect them and start barking. It gets annoying very much.

    When we first got him, I didn't mention this but he was rather aggressive also especially when it came to food time. We broke some of his habits which is good but he and Mighty would really get at it. He would run up to Mighty and pounce on him and snarl and bark. It scared me a few times. But the more they got used to eating around each other, they got better over time. Sunny does still try to dominate the food. But one time, little Mighty got very upset with Sunny and ended up biting him on the nose, foot, and leg. I was shocked because he was pretty passive when we got him - so Sunny learned his lesson. Only with the food does Mighty tend to stay back or try to ignore a conflict. But when we are out there and he has a bone, he snarls at Sunny because Sunny is looking at him. We keep them separate using a stick as well. My husband strikes it upon the ground so they behave or he moves them along with it.

    It might help that when you see the neighbors dog, to not give it any eye contact and face your back towards it? The dog is still getting used to his new home so there is that aggression factor still there. But it is up to the owners to get it under control. I go outside with a walking stick so they don't jump on me. Well, sometimes I let them jump on me, but if it gets to the point where they get belligerent with it, I end up redirecting them with the stick. If I don't have my stick I end up pushing them off with my knee. Sunny used to be very aggressive to my son (somewhat still does) but my son is big enough to get him to the ground if he needs to. With dogs, if one is not acting right, the others will knock them down or pounce on top of them to show who is in charge. And that is what we've had to show the dogs. It also helps when we don't give them eye contact (that gets hard to do because they are so cute) but the first thing they do is look at you in the face. So if you ignore them, they tend to not jump as much and like I said with the people walking by, those that ignore them they don't bark at. They have gotten used to our new neighbor but they still bark at the guys cousin and a few other of his family members. But I think it is because my husband doesn't talk with them as he does with the main neighbor so the dogs have to see each other talking peaceably together? That has been my observation with our dogs and our neighbors.

    The other dogs in the neighborhood are pretty large also and they bark at everyone as well. The German Shepard across the street bit a few people and the owner is now looking at being sued by about 3 people already. I worry about Sunny being that way because he's a big dog. One of the UPS men tried to stick his hand in to pet him and he almost bit him. I didn't expect the guy would do that and it caught me off guard, I would have warned him but he did it so quickly. He kind of walked off pissed off. My husband said, "Oh well, he shouldn't have put his hand in to pet him." But another UPS man came and put his fist up to his nose and Sunny sniffed him without incident but I warned the guy that was enough. So it depends on the situation.

    I hope this is of some help to you. The stick thing works a lot for me. I was trying to cut off Mighty's dreds yesterday (yes he had dreds) and Sunny was getting in the way, so I had to use my stick to ward him from getting close to me several times. Mighty will jump on me and I'll have to use the ol' staff of yore on him too.

    Will keep you and yours and neighbors and dog in prayer, thank you also for your prayers. Sometimes it takes awhile for me to see the good that might come of a situation, even though at the time it might seem like what is happening isn't good, it will come. We just gotta put everything into God and his son's hands, they'll take care of the rest Smile Have a blessed day.
    avatar
    beejean

    Posts : 542
    Join date : 2010-02-20
    Location : Boston area

    chows

    Post  beejean on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:24 am

    DearWife wrote:... concerning your neighbors dog, ours do bark at transient looking types, ... I do notice though, that if a person is on a bicycle and they don't pay the dogs any mind, then they don't bark. It is same with people walking by, if they don't give the dogs eye contact the dogs leave them alone. People in the cars driving by will tend to stop and make noises at them and they'll go ballistic. ...
    It might help that when you see the neighbors dog, to not give it any eye contact... Will keep you and yours and neighbors and dog in prayer, thank you also for your prayers. Sometimes it takes awhile for me to see the good that might come of a situation, even though at the time it might seem like what is happening isn't good, it will come. We just gotta put everything into God and his son's hands, they'll take care of the rest Smile Have a blessed day.
    Thank you for your prayers. They seem to have worked. I did some research on chow chow breed and found that the breed was developed as a protective dog for householders in China and is one of the oldest breeds. It will bond only with one master as a matter of course and is notable for not "warming up" to strangers at the property. I read this to my husband and he seems to have managed to reach a "detente" where he does the ignoring of the dog and it mostly works. thought I'd let you know! I'm glad that you have manaaged to figure out how to predict the dog's behavior based on situational cues and I hope and pray you'll all stay healthy and safe. Smile
    avatar
    DearWife

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2010-02-17

    Re: thou fool...

    Post  DearWife on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 7:28 am

    beejean wrote:
    DearWife wrote:... concerning your neighbors dog, ours do bark at transient looking types, ... I do notice though, that if a person is on a bicycle and they don't pay the dogs any mind, then they don't bark. It is same with people walking by, if they don't give the dogs eye contact the dogs leave them alone. People in the cars driving by will tend to stop and make noises at them and they'll go ballistic. ...
    It might help that when you see the neighbors dog, to not give it any eye contact... Will keep you and yours and neighbors and dog in prayer, thank you also for your prayers. Sometimes it takes awhile for me to see the good that might come of a situation, even though at the time it might seem like what is happening isn't good, it will come. We just gotta put everything into God and his son's hands, they'll take care of the rest Smile Have a blessed day.
    Thank you for your prayers. They seem to have worked. I did some research on chow chow breed and found that the breed was developed as a protective dog for householders in China and is one of the oldest breeds. It will bond only with one master as a matter of course and is notable for not "warming up" to strangers at the property. I read this to my husband and he seems to have managed to reach a "detente" where he does the ignoring of the dog and it mostly works. thought I'd let you know! I'm glad that you have manaaged to figure out how to predict the dog's behavior based on situational cues and I hope and pray you'll all stay healthy and safe. Smile

    Hi beejean, we did some reading on our dogs too, it really helps to find more information so as to know what behaviors can be expected.

    We are still working on a lot with our dogs, I wish we had more time to spend with them. I would like to teach them how to find scents. Was reading some articles at this website on it since Mighty did a pretty good job of finding the dead rat that was under the house couple weeks ago: http://www.dogchannel.com/

    I appreciate your prayers for our health and safety, my little family needs lots of prayers...heard someone shooting a couple blocks away tonight, and there were a few murders down the street - one being a woman in her car. But my little family and our dogs give me hope Smile

    Couple nights ago, I had a dream that Mighty was talking with me and wanted me to come out and visit with him more often Smile

    Have a blessed evening/day beejean.
    avatar
    johnl

    Posts : 85
    Join date : 2010-02-21
    Location : Portland

    Re: thou fool...

    Post  johnl on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:44 pm

    hi DW, as I mentioned before at EB, I used to live in Oakland with my mother at Wala Vista Ave. near Lakeshore. In the 1960's we lived near the Lake Merritt tennis courts. Oakland was a fairly nice place to live in the early 1960's. But into the 1970's there seemed to be an atmosphere of fear at night.

    I played a lot of handball and racketball at the Oakland YMCA, both the old and new ones.

    Hope you're safe where you are. It's been very safe here in Portland, but there also seems to be a lot of strange, UFO-type things going on, like Stephen King's "Tommyknockers" book. My christian faith has kept me from being affected, so far.

    John

    Sponsored content

    Re: thou fool...

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 3:43 am