Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

Today's Promise from the Bible

Grits

Re: Today's Promise from the Bible

Post  Grits on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:52 am

Today's Bible Promise study

Isaiah 43:11
    I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

Reflection
    The Almighty God alone is our salvation and deliverer from all things! The earth trembles at His presence and the mountains smoke at His touch. He is slow to anger and great in power; for death has been destroyed for eternity! None can compare—and He alone is my Saviour!

What an appropriate verse for today when I have just read that a comedian has called our present occupier of the White House his lord and saviour and when another article has the same occupier portrayed in a portrait as being on the cross... Evil or Very Mad

What a sad world we live in today... Crying or Very sad where our true Lord and Saviour is openly mocked, but He will set all right in the end.

Praise the Lord! cheers
    beejean

Post  beejean on Tue 27 Nov 2012, 1:58 am

Grits wrote:Today's Bible Promise study
    1 John 5:11
    And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
    A nice reminder that THIS life is temporary, but there is one that is ETERNAL.

What is evil but the exaltation of self-will against the loving will of God, the desire to be a god unto oneself, to accuse His wisdom as foolishness and His love as want of tenderness?

So we have among us the fruits of wanton disregard for the gifts of the Holy Spirit , Temperance, Love, and Wisdom. But we also have among us those who pay attention to right and temperance, wise, loving souls who wait for the moment when the people who finally have the scales fall from their eyes can see the false fool's gold they have mistaken for true gifts.

We look forward to the days when this knowledge will be more in evidence in ourselves and others. Amen.
    Grits

Post  Grits on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 3:32 am

Amen to your post Beejean!

John 16:33
    These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Reflection
    Ours is a life of struggles, of hardship. Daily we feel the earthly futility of that curse brought low upon us by that first sinful act of Adam. Sorrow is the constant companion of all who dwell in the earth. The world is at odds with us and will ever seek to trample us under foot. If the world is against us, then who can possible be for us? Take heart, O believer, for the Lord is with you—and if the Lord is for you, how can anyone possibly stand against you? Christ has overcome the world and even now reigns upon the throne of His heavenly city. Rejoice in your citizenship in the kingdom of God and go boldly into the world proclaiming His peace making men of all tongues to be disciples of Him!

http://promises.blueletterbible.org/

and a bonus reading for today as I felt the "Day by Day by Grace" reading was really good today:

study

Day By Day By Grace
    Bob Hoekstra
    November 27th
    The Suffering that Prepares Us for Grace

But may the God of all grace…after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. (1 Peter 5:10)

In our previous meditation, we saw that "the God of all grace" wants to develop our lives spiritually. He wants to use His exceedingly abundant grace to "perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle" us. Now, we will examine the useful (though often undesired) suffering that prepares us for this work of grace.

Yes, suffering is often the link between the work God wants to do in us and the abundant grace that He will use to effect the work: "after you have suffered a while." Even as the perfect, sinless man, the Son of God learned valuable lessons through suffering. "Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered" (Hebrews 5 :8 ). He experienced the agonies that may occur as we obey God while dwelling in a rebellious, sinful world. He is the full example of godliness, and we are called to follow Him. "For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps" (1 Peter 2:21). If we are willing to walk the path of godliness, we will suffer as well. "Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12). Such trials and sufferings are normal and purposeful. "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you" (1 Peter 4:12). Painful trials seem strange, but they routinely come to test and exercise our faith.

God gives grace to the humble. Trials and suffering humble our hearts and stir us to cry out to the Lord for His necessary grace. This direct link between suffering and grace can be seen in Paul's most persistent trial of suffering. "Lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me…Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me" (2 Corinthians 12:7-8 ). Paul's difficulty moved him to earnestly plead with the Lord for His intervention. The Lord responded by His grace. "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (2 Corinthians 12:9). Paul did not receive the healing grace that he sought. However, he experienced the sustaining grace that God often chooses to impart in times of suffering. Through His grace, God changed Paul's heart, not his circumstances.

O God of all grace, make me willing to endure the suffering that is necessary to prepare my heart for the transforming work of Your grace. Also, during sufferings and trials, please remind me of the work You are doing, in Jesus' name, Amen.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/devotionals/dbdbg/view.cfm

I've had a deeply reflective day today in the Word. I pray that many others have also.

God Bless!
    Grits

johnl

Post  johnl on Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:36 am

"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you" (1 Peter 4:12). Painful trials seem strange, but they routinely come to test and exercise our faith.

The Lord seemed to give me this verse before a very trying experience. And I'm not out the woods yet.

John
    Grits

Post  Grits on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 1:10 am

Praying that God will provide a solution to your situation, John...

Isaiah 54:10
    For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

Reflection
    God gives this promise to His people—that no matter what happens on this earth, God will always love us and walk beside us. There is nothing that can separate us from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39).

My Prayer: Dear Jesus, I thank You for Your wonderful love for me! Thank you that no matter what happens, Your love will never leave me.

Our Father loves us very much! Praise the Lord! cheers
    Grits

Post  Grits on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:52 am

John 6:51
    I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Reflection
    Jesus speaks of Himself as the Living Bread of life. For those of us who are in Christ, we shall never again experience the spiritual hunger that existed before our conversion. Jesus Christ, the Living Manna, provides all that we need to live day by day with God.

and here is the pertinent verse for today:

Joel 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and [for] my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Repent while you have time....
    Grits

Post  Grits on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 11:17 am

Proverbs 3:24
    When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

Reflection
    When Christ is our life, we have nothing to fear. Our rest can be sweet because we have a God who neither slumbers nor sleeps. And He is always watching over those whom He loves. May you be at peace while trusting in the arms of your Saviour.

Ever since I re-dedicated myself to God in 2000 (I feel that is when I really got saved) I have no trouble sleeping at night because I am no longer actively pursuing sin. I still sin (everyone does) but I know to repent and ask forgiveness for those sins and to try and not do the same sin repeatedly. God has refined me in many areas and taken away many habitual sins (most recently smoking) and He continues to refine me and will until He returns or I go to Him by death....

God Bless!
    Grits
    cheers
    Grits

Post  Grits on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 8:45 pm

John 15:10
    If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Reflection
    Obedience is very important in the kingdom of God. Christ begins this conditional statement by stating that those who are obedient to His commands will abide in His love. Then Christ refers to the ultimate example by comparing this principle with the relationship that He has with His Father. Obedience results with a promise of a supreme reward: the abiding in Christ's infinite and eternal love.

cheers
    Grits

Post  Grits on Tue 04 Dec 2012, 10:49 pm

Deuteronomy 4:31
    (For the LORD thy God [is] a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Reflection
    God in His mercy has promised that He will always be with His children of faith. He remembers His promises and will never break them! What an awesome God we serve!

How reassuring to "know" that God will keep all His promises to us. As you have seen by what I post each day, God made many promises to the believers. He will keep them ALL! cheers
    johnl

Post  johnl on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 9:32 pm

hi Grits,

God has refined me in many areas and taken away many habitual sins (most recently smoking)...

I'm glad you stopped smoking.

John
    Grits

Post  Grits on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 10:43 pm

Thank you, John. I haven't had a cigarette since 8/3/2012 so that's 4 months! I am still using the nicotine lozenges however, so I'm still addicted to the nicotine, but God will work that out too in time.

Luke 8:21
    And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Reflection
    Christ had earthly family members, yet here He defines those who are His true family: it is we who hear the word of God and put it into practice. Paul affirms this idea in Romans 8:17 by saying we are joint-heirs with Christ. So believe and go forth living righteously, knowing that you are of the family of God.

cheers
    Grits

Post  Grits on Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:34 am

Luke 11:13
    If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Reflection
    How can we doubt the abundance of gifts from our heavenly Father? We who are steeped in the ways of wickedness still are able to recognize good gifts. How then can we imagine that God, who is good beyond measure, would give us less than every spiritual blessing? In truth, the trove of His riches is immense and He gives freely to everyone that He calls His child. So rejoice!

God's ways are not our ways. Everything He does and allows is for a reason...

Grits

Post  Grits on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 12:38 am

Hebrews 10:23
    Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised;)

Reflection
    Here the author calls us to hold fast. We must remain strong in the faith! However, our strength comes from our merciful Father alone; for He has promised to be faithful to us. God has promised to never leave nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5) and as we hold fast to the faith, He will strengthen our hands.

You are NEVER alone if you are a believer. God is always with us and holds us in the palm of His hand...

Very Happy
    Grits

Post  Grits on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:33 pm

Matthew 6:14
    For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Reflection
    The tremendous depth of mercy and grace of our Heavenly Father should cause us to be forgiving of others.

My Prayer: Thank You for Your abundant forgiveness for my many transgressions against You! Help me to have the same forgiving heart toward others around me. Cause me to see them through Your loving eyes and not my own. Make me more like you in every aspect!

Amen!

Sorry, I missed a few days. Had to get a new computer and am still getting used to Windows 8...grrrr!, BUT it is a whole lot faster computer than my old 2002 model... Laughing and I was fortunate that I had the means to replace my old one so Praise the Lord for that! cheers
    Grits

Post  Grits on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:59 pm

Psalm 18:2
    The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.

Reflection
    Strong is the defense of the Lord and great the might of His sword-arm! And ever is He able to grant you His protection! No danger shall threaten His people and forever shall He lend aid to His sons. Rejoice in the strength of your high tower! Rejoice in your soul's shelter! Praise His name forever!

cheers

Grits

Post  Grits on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 12:15 am

Matthew 5:44-45
    But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Reflection
    By God's compelling love, we have the honor of sharing kindness and compassion to others—including our enemies. For those who believe, the love of Christ abundantly pours forth and causes overwhelming joy and peace within our hearts. It is by His great compassion that we can love others and know of God's unfathomable adoration for us. How beautiful is salvation! It allows us to share unconditional love for others.

A good message I needed to hear after some "family issues" at Christmas...sigh

Grits

Post  Grits on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 2:29 pm

John 10:27-28
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.

Reflection
    If we are truly believers in Christ, then we will also be followers of Him. Because we believe in and follow Jesus, we will live eternally in heaven with Him. Once we have been saved, no one can take away our salvation!

I hope to be back posting soon. We had multiple problems here during the holidays including a water heater that went out and flooded my walk-in closet (hope to finally have that all fixed today). I hope that things are back to "normal" soon...sigh
    Grits

Post  Grits on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 2:26 am

Isaiah 1:19
    If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

Reflection
    Even as God promised to bless His people under the Old Covenant, how much greater is the blessing under the New Covenant! Every believer is already granted all spiritual blessing in the realm heavenly. And more—for soon all of God's children will rejoice together in the fulfilment of their promised heavenly rest, drinking from rivers of living water and eating of the very tree of life itself!

This life is temporary, the next is eternal....

God Bless!
    Grits
    cheers

P.S. I'm slowly recovering from "Christmapocalypse" as my daughter nicknamed this year's Christmas...sigh...now I have to deal with the trauma of my office being moved at work to right up under my boss's nose...this too shall pass! Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 24 Sep 2017, 1:33 am