Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

Gasoline Rising to Holiday High as Storm Surge Presses Obama

Grits

Post  Grits on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

Futures jumped yesterday in New York as Isaac forced closures of Gulf Coast refineries and reduced rates at others. That market is also reeling from an Aug. 25 explosion in Venezuela that killed at least 48 people and closed the country’s largest fuel-making plant. Futures are up 23 percent since their 2012 settlement low of $2.5501 a gallon on June 21.

Prices at the pump will be the highest ever for the U.S. Labor Day holiday, AAA said yesterday. The surge reignites an issue that has pitted President Barack Obama, who has called for the elimination of billions of dollars of subsidies enjoyed by the oil and gas industry, against the presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney. It also spurs speculation that Obama will release supplies from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to ease prices for consumers.

affraid

Glad I don't have any big travel plans for Labor Day! I do have a 4 day weekend and will get to go see my oldest granddaughter compete in the state horse show. Should be fun!

Grits
    Very Happy
    beejean

3.79 cash 3.89 credit

Post  beejean on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 2:14 am

-- 3.79/gal cash 3.89 credit --

My husband just finished pulling the uhaul trailer hitched to the car for the back to college move-in and we're feeling the pinch. Ironic that our mileage per gallon was cut in half by the trailer weight just when the gasoline prices increased a lot.

I'm still a good candidate for tightening my belt, but the moths are exiting my fabric and velcro wallet and flying toward my sweater. The moths are wise to escape from there, as the squeeze from the belt becomes like a sphincter, and the pills of the old sweater, make a floppy dusty bladder sack of my near empty pocket.

I'll hve to find some more ways to stretch out the catsup and orange juice with a bit of watery dilution. Watery dilution is not an option for stretching the gasoline, though.
    Grits

Re: Gasoline Rising to Holiday High as Storm Surge Presses Obama

Post  Grits on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 3:28 am

I drive a small car that gets very good gas mileage (2005 Ford Focus) BUT I drive 80 miles a day. Mad I have to fill up the tank every 3 workdays and I don't drive except for work unless it's something special (like the horse show this weekend).

I was planning on moving closer to work before mom got sick, but then moved in to take care of her so will keep the long commute for a bit longer (she's moving in with my sis next year).

BUT it's not only gasoline...the grocery store just keeps going up, up, up... Crying or Very sad

I'm hoping the economy improves sooner rather than later...

Grits
    Very Happy
    beejean

gasoline prices higher

Post  beejean on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm

RE: gasoline prices higher

grits ! I thought my mileage was large at 60 miles per day. Guess I'm just a whiner.

I'm glad to hear that you're able to take care of your mom and work. It's a noble service.

The two young guys who are growing into their occupational preparedness ... they are now back at school and they've been given a helping hand by not having to pay the uhaul trailer fees, and for the youngest - he's been bought the campus meal plan.

God bless you ! Have a good weekend .
    Grits

Post  Grits on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:05 pm

Glad you got them back to school okay...

I finally got my granddaughter's schedule for the horse show. She was only in one event today, but will be in two tomorrow, so I decided to go tomorrow. In her event today, there were 32 competing and she made the final 15, but did not win anything...sigh

Hopefully tomorrow will be her day! I'll try and post a pic when I get home. I'm very proud of her.

Last year, she was 2nd in her age group, but she only did the "showing" groups. This year she is riding. Her events tomorrow will be English riding events.

My commute to work is very rural and I rather enjoy it on most days... Smile

Grits
    Very Happy
    Grits

Post  Grits on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 4:07 pm

Awwww, Hannah did not make the cut in the other two groups...sigh

She did great though. My pics turned out horrible as it was inside a big coliseum and the lighting was awful. tongue

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 7:11 am