Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

Keystone Leak

beejean
    beejean

Keystone Leak Empty Keystone Leak

Post  beejean Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:13 am

Keystone Pipeline Leak

This multistate project for the Keystone Pipeline seems now to be splitting up (literally) to a divide and conquer kind of regional effort. As in, maybe the Southern portion can get approved, or maybe Nebraska needs to be looked at again.

In the meantime, we're seeing the misery of a spill -The largest Keystone pipeline spill -- about 400 barrels -- came from the Ludden pump station in Brampton, N.D., a remote rural town of about 60 people.

Now what are we going to do with running oil through such a large pipe all that distance? I don't believe any longer that it will be cheap, and if oil is $100 a barrel won't somebody break into it at different locations and divert the oil for their illegal profit. How would such a long distance be patrolled? With oil being a valuable commodity, would it not be better to truck or ship the oil where it needs to be? What about the cleanup of miles and miles of pipe caked with oil sludge? How about all the failures and leaks of the Alaskan oil pipeline. The people may find they like the cheaper state taxes in Alaska, but which one of them will go apologize for the long term damage to the surrounding land?

You'll have to forgive me, but I think the nuclear energy electric plants are an iinteresting concept that spent not enough time considering what would be the fall out from the long term clean up problems.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:59 pm