Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

The Unwrapping of Christmas

DearWife

The Unwrapping of Christmas

Post  DearWife on Sun 14 Oct 2012, 5:36 am

Today, after watching a documentary on magic mushrooms, it reminded me of a video I saw regarding the magic mushroom and christmas couple years ago. I went back to that video, when I stumbled upon this one. What really stood out, was the quote in Jeremiah 10: 1-7. I have quoted it below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwL9E_VJZBY&feature=related

"Hear the word of the Lord, that he speaketh unto thee, O thou house of Israel: Thus saith the Lord: Ye shall not learn after the manner of the Heathen, and ye shall not be afraid for the tokens of heaven: for the Heathen are afraid of such: yee all the customs and laws of the Gentiles are nothing, but vanity. They hew down a tree in the wood with the hands of the workman, and fashion it with the axe: they cover it over with gold or silver, they fasten it with nails and hammers, that it move not. It standeth as stiff as the palm tree, it can neither speak nor go, but must be borne. Be ye not afraid of such, for they can do neither good nor evil. But there is none like unto thee, O' Lord, and great is the name of thy power. Who would not fear thee? Or what king of the Gentiles would not obey thee?" Jeremiah 10: 1-7 (Tyndale Translation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DR8SigaVU

beejean

Re: The Unwrapping of Christmas

Post  beejean on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm

DearWife wrote:Jeremiah 10: 1-7. I have quoted it below.
    all the customs and laws of the Gentiles are nothing, but vanity. They hew down a tree in the wood with the hands of the workman, and fashion it with the axe: they cover it over with gold or silver, they fasten it with nails and hammers, that it move not. It standeth as stiff as the palm tree, it can neither speak nor go, but must be borne. Be ye not afraid of such, for they can do neither good nor evil. But there is none like unto thee, O' Lord, and great is the name of thy power. Who would not fear thee? Or what king of the Gentiles would not obey thee?" Jeremiah 10: 1-7 (Tyndale Translation)
    Hi DearWife,
    I've been taking heat for not wanting to put up a Christmas tree, and I've been buying an artificial one to make my sons feel more comfortable. It can be a decorative ornament but I don't like the fake lead-lined ones and I feel like I shouldn't get a real one because one of my sons is allergic to pine pollen. I've never been attached to the custom, however. I hope you're in economic stead that allows you to feel comfortable about the upcoming Christmas season! I'm getting a foxhole mentality about my expenses lately.

[As far as the embedded You Tube videos you kindly put in, I have my media player excluded from this browser so I can't comment on the film clips you posted.)

Have a pleasant evening.
    DearWife

Post  DearWife on Thu 18 Oct 2012, 6:20 am

beejean wrote:
    DearWife wrote:Jeremiah 10: 1-7. I have quoted it below.
    all the customs and laws of the Gentiles are nothing, but vanity. They hew down a tree in the wood with the hands of the workman, and fashion it with the axe: they cover it over with gold or silver, they fasten it with nails and hammers, that it move not. It standeth as stiff as the palm tree, it can neither speak nor go, but must be borne. Be ye not afraid of such, for they can do neither good nor evil. But there is none like unto thee, O' Lord, and great is the name of thy power. Who would not fear thee? Or what king of the Gentiles would not obey thee?" Jeremiah 10: 1-7 (Tyndale Translation)
    Hi DearWife,
    I've been taking heat for not wanting to put up a Christmas tree, and I've been buying an artificial one to make my sons feel more comfortable. It can be a decorative ornament but I don't like the fake lead-lined ones and I feel like I shouldn't get a real one because one of my sons is allergic to pine pollen. I've never been attached to the custom, however. I hope you're in economic stead that allows you to feel comfortable about the upcoming Christmas season! I'm getting a foxhole mentality about my expenses lately.

[As far as the embedded You Tube videos you kindly put in, I have my media player excluded from this browser so I can't comment on the film clips you posted.)

Have a pleasant evening.

Thank you beejean. I tried finding some scholarly reviews about Christmas, but they are mostly partial information. This reference is not the whole book, but shares some of the information viewed in the first video.

Christmas: A Candid Hisotry
    http://books.google.com/books?id=DqmlzjMYMRAC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

I grew up with all the various customs and holidays, but as I've gotten older, and learned more about them, I just don't feel comfortable with it anymore. Especially when you look at what it has become today, but especially when looking at the history of it's beginnings. Concerning gifts, when my son was smaller, and started beginning classes, I kind of worried because we really weren't celebrating then either. But when he was asked by his teachers, what he wanted for christmas, he had a clever answer: "A wooden sword, and a wooden shield" his answer made me feel better. Even though at the time I thought that an unusual thing he wanted. He'd always tell me how come it didn't show up on his bed when he prayed. Really, all I could say from experience, is that sometimes it takes time. From then, I just had to find one for him, I really couldn't find any till I found an online store out of Sacramento, where they make all their toys handmade in the USA, with a few imports. It didn't come for Christmas, but only when we could get it. He was so happy he got it. In those days, we also had a small artificial tree, but my husband ended up dumping it few years ago. At the time though, I tried to look on it like an ornament as well. But now that my boy is older now, he is content with what he has and doesn't ask for much...so that is a good thing.

As long as we have our families and are happy, that is all that really matters. And sometimes, it is not only our flesh and blood relatives that are family (because some have rejected us), but even our friends, and our cute pets that God and Christ have given to us Smile

Have a blessed evening/day beejean, and whoever may be reading this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:19 pm