Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

making merchandise of you

DearWife

making merchandise of you

Post  DearWife on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 6:33 am

Who is to come between us and God? books? pastors? churches? preachers? priests? teachings of men? Nay, but there is only ONE mediator between us and God.

"For there is one God, and one (mediator) between God and man, which is the man Christ Jesus, which gave himself a ransom for all men, that it should be testified at his time, where unto I am ordained a preacher and an Apostle: I tell the truth in Christ and lie not being the teacher of the gentiles in faith and verity."

gentile (n.)
    late 14c., "chivalrous person; member of the nobility;" see gentile (adj.). Also used during 14c. to mean both "one who is not a Christian" and "one who is not a Jew." The Latin word was used in Vulgate to translate Gk. ethnikos, from ta ethne "the nations," which translated Heb. ha goyim "the (non-Jewish) nations."

"There were false Prophets among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you: which privily shall bring in damnable sects, even denying the Lord that hath bought them, and bring upon themselves swift damnation, and many shall follow their damnable ways, by which the way of truth shall be evil spoken of, and through covetousness shall they with *feigned words make merchandise of you, whose judgment is not far off, and their damnation sleepeth not."

*feigned = made up, beguiling

"And they came to Jerusalem. And Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out the sellers and buyers in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the stools of them that sold doves: and would not suffer that any man carried a vessel through the temple. And he taught saying unto them, is it not written: my house shall be called the house of prayer unto all nations? But ye have made it a den of thieves."

And who are we to tell others, they are reserved for hell fire? Did not Jesus rebuke John and James for asking to send fire to rain down upon the people, that did not receive Jesus?

"And it followed when the time was come that he should be received up, then he set his face to go to Jerusalem, and sent messengers before him. And they went and entered into a city of the Samaritans to make ready for him. But they would not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. When his disciples James and John saw that, they said. Lord, wilt thou that we command, that fire come down from heaven and consume them, even as *Helias did? Jesus turned about, and rebuked them saying: ye wot not what manner spirit ye are of. The son of man is not come to destroy mens lives, but to save them. And they went to another town. And it chanced as he went in the way, a certain man said unto him: I will follow thee whithersoever thou go. Jesus said unto him: foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests: but the son of man hath not whereon to lay his head."

"Ye know not what manner spirit ye are of"

And do we not remember, of Paul, when he went to the Isle of the Gentiles...did he preach damnation and hellfire? No, but what did he say to the men of Athens? Look, see...Paul even quotes one of their poets.

"Paul stood in the midst of Marce street and said: ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. For as I passed by and beheld the manner how ye worship your gods, I found an altar wherein was written: unto the unknown God. Whom ye then ignorantly worship him show I unto you: God that made the world and all that are in it, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, he dwelleth not in temples made with hands, neither is worshipped with mens hands, as though he needed of any thing, seeing he himself giveth life and breath to all men everywhere, and hath made of one blood all nations of men, for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath assigned before, how long time, and also the ends of their inhabitation, that they should seek God, if they might feel and find him, though he be not far from every one of us. For in him we live, move and have your being, as certain of your own Poets said. For we are also his generation. For as much then as we are the generation of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, silver or stone, graven by craft and imagination of man."

And do we not remember, what is written of those who practiced curious crafts? How that they, through the preaching of the Gospel brought their books and burned them?

"And many that believed, came and confessed and showed their works. Many of them which used curious crafts, brought their books and burned them before all men, and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand silverlings. So mightily grew the word of God, and prevailed."

It is God who hardens the heart, and it is God who has mercy on whom he has mercy. So who are we to tell others, they are not of God, they are sinners, they are this, they are that? Again, what did Jesus say,

"For I am not come to call the righteous, but the sinners to repentance."

And for those of you, who like to preach damnation and hellfire against nations, even against the children of the wilderness of America...let us look see...what is written:

"For verily the gifts and calling of God are such, that it cannot repent him of them: for look, as ye in time passed have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: even so now have they not believed the mercy which is happened unto you, that they also may obtain mercy. God hath wrapped all nations in unbelief, that he might have mercy on all."

Isn't is funny, how those who preach such things to us, are under the crown of the Queen, who is no widow themselves?

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go out to deceive the people which are in the four quarters of the earth Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea: and they went up on the plain of the earth, and compassed the tents of the saints about, and the beloved city. And fire came down from God, out of heaven, and devoured them: and the devil that deceived them, was cast into a lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet were and shall be tormented day and night for ever more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildhall,_London#Gog_and_Magog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-d_-tDC11I

beejean

Re: making merchandise of you

Post  beejean on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 2:38 pm

DearWife wrote:Who is to come between us and God? books? pastors? churches? preachers? priests? teachings of men? Nay, but there is only ONE mediator between us and God.

... Whom ye then ignorantly worship him show I unto you: God that made the world and all that are in it, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, he dwelleth not in temples made with hands, neither is worshipped with mens hands, as though he needed of any thing, seeing he himself giveth life and breath to all men everywhere, [u]and hath made of one blood all nations of men, for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath assigned before, how long time, and also the ends of their inhabitation, that they should seek God,
    It is God who hardens the heart, and it is God who has mercy on whom he has mercy. So who are we to tell others, they are not of God, they are sinners, they are this, they are that? Again, what did Jesus say,

"For I am not come to call the righteous, but the sinners to repentance."

Situation in the world today is such that we are seeing mysteries unfold before our very eyes -- the mystery of many Muslims who against great odds , converted to Christ because they have SEEN him. It's not right on anyone's part to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, who brings knowledge to many and comfort to many although not visible to the eyes, and only to the eyes of the soul. Thanks for posting, DearWife.
    DearWife

Post  DearWife on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:10 am

Situation in the world today is such that we are seeing mysteries unfold before our very eyes -- the mystery of many Muslims who against great odds , converted to Christ because they have SEEN him. It's not right on anyone's part to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, who brings knowledge to many and comfort to many although not visible to the eyes, and only to the eyes of the soul. Thanks for posting, DearWife.

Well said beejean.

Peace be with you. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:52 pm