Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

Defend Medicare

DearWife

Defend Medicare

Post  DearWife on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 6:10 pm

This is another letter from Barbara Lee I received this morning:

"Another disaster is on the horizon.

If Congress doesn’t act before September 30th, the U.S. government will be forced to shut down.

Worse yet, extremists in Congress are willing to hold Medicare hostage while defending tax breaks for big oil and millionaires. They’re even putting radical cuts from the Paul Ryan budget back on the table. I'm on the House Appropriations Committee and I see these misplaced priorities upfront.

We can’t let John Boehner and Eric Cantor play games with the health and security of millions of Americans. That’s why I’m standing with California Democrats in calling for House Republicans to DEFEND Medicare instead of tax breaks for millionaires.

Will you sign your name right now to tell Boehner and Cantor to avoid a government shutdown and defend Medicare for our nation's seniors?

Extremist members of Congress seem undeterred about taking our country to the brink, despite the havoc a shutdown would wreak on middle-class families and seniors.

It’s despicable.

How we treat our seniors says a lot. Join me in telling House Republicans to leave Medicare alone and avoid a government shutdown.

Thanks for taking action,

Sincerely,

Barbara Lee
    Member of Congress

Paid For By Barbara Lee for Congress

449 15th Street, #403
    Oakland, CA 94612"

I have been a caregiver for the past 9 years, I have seen the death of two of my beloved elders, an Aunt & Uncle who had no children, nor anyone else who would step up to the plate to care for them.  They were always with me, in my childhood years, helped take me to the doctors when I was always sick as a child.  Never did I know, I would have had to take care of them in their senior years.  Now, two of my other loved ones, my mom and dad, are at that age now.  Without help from Medicare and government programs and military pensions, God only knows what would have happened to all of them.  Yes, some depend on the government for their means of support, and I am thankful they were able to get support from said programs.  Why? Because I have no other means of supporting them myself.  We were not born with silver spoons in our mouths, but have depended on the very breath of God in helping us...even if that form of help comes from the US government, I thank God for it, no matter what.  Like I mentioned before, I see many many Americans walk by, pushing shopping carts filled with garbage, and rummaging through it all to find some sort of means for survival.  Be glad with what you have, and never be so high minded in your thinking...remember what Jesus said, "The poor ye will always have with you."

"Be not high minded: but make your selves equal to them of the lower sort. Be not wise in your own opinions. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide afore hand things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, how be it of your part, have peace with all men. Dearly beloved avenge not your selves, but give room unto the wrath of God. For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will reward saith the Lord.
         Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him, if he thirst, give him drink. For in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil: But overcome evil with goodness."

"This understand, that in the last days shall come parlous times. For the men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, cursed speakers, disobedient to father and mother, unthankful, unholy, unkind, trucebreakers, stubborn, false accusers, rioters, fierce despisers of them which are good, traitors, heady, high minded, greedy upon voluptuousness more then lovers of God, having a similitude of Godly living, but have denied the power thereof: and such abhor. Of this sort are they which enter into houses, and bring into bondage women laden with sin, which women are led of *diverse lusts, ever learning and never able to come unto the knowledge of the truth."
    beejean

Re: Defend Medicare

Post  beejean on Sun 13 Oct 2013, 3:30 pm

The need for Medicare continuance cannot be disputed, but the government reimbursement rate to physicians is causing a number of practitioners to avoid Medicare and Medicaid patients.  

There is a report lately however, that physicians who won't accept Medicaid payments for their patients will not be able to issue prescriptions or x-ray orders to pharmacies or hospitals unless the patient will pay 100% of prescription cost.  In other words, the patients who see these doctors un-enrolled as providers in the Medicaid system - patients who visit non-complying doctors will have to pay 100% of the price of the prescriptions written by the doctor/ and 100% of the price charged by the hospital for the prescribed x-rays, regardless if they are under enrollment in Medicaid.

This change is making for a reduction in doctors who will deal with patients enrolled in government plans.  This is not something any one of us could deal with, because the doctors apparently are doing the math and deciding they can't practice medicine their way under the laws that are now being written.  I suppose that each doctor has to make an effort to figure this all out for himself or herself.  For example, a dermatologist I used to see decided to transition into only doing plastic surgery for self-paying patients.  She didn't want to stay involved with seeing anyone where the payment would be coming from a health insurance company.  Such things are becoming common now.

For the uninsured, I guess the mandatory payments that now must be made to the IRS appears extremely burdensome, but this is not the same regulations as those that affect Medicare.  With 3000 pages of laws, and some people getting exceptions and special treatment, I guess your healthcare just depends on who you are these days.

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 8:07 pm