Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

The economy

DearWife

The economy

Post  DearWife on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 6:28 am

October 30, 2013

Last night I went to sleep early, but woke up at around 3 in the morning.  I was still in bed just checking my phone when I started hearing my husband laugh as he's sleeping.  So he is mumbling words.  

I then ask him, what did you say?  Then he started to say, “Back in the day, the old folk would tell the younger ones if you find a good person to be with, get married and have children.”  Then he said, “Now they are saying the economy is getting ready to collapse, and it's the end of the world.”  He then nodded back to sleep.

Now yesterday, I went to a conference in San Francisco.  I even sat with the founders of a new company and a representative of Yahoo at lunch time, for it was called an executive lunch.  I was there for learning purposes, however I lost the lack of concentration due to the amount of people who showed up.  After this, I called my husband to let him know I wanted to come home early since I had things to do.  So during the one session I was attending, it was time for me to be picked up.  And so, as I left this high class, and expensive building, with shiny tiles and floors and pristine restrooms, I walked on out, and looked and behold, a young black man standing near the glass windows, with his back towards those sitting inside with their suits.  And my thoughts were upon those inside, how many there were in high positions, and the expensive lunch all paid for by this conference sponsors.  

And when I hopped in the car, I looked to the left of me, and saw an older homeless man, as though kicking and picking up a can.  And as we drove off the more, and before heading onto the bridge, I saw a homeless encampment of people with their carts full of things.  And when I came home, I saw the homeless man across the street preparing for the winter with long tarp rolled over his belongings, and cardboard boxes in a grocery cart.

And so I pondered about my day, and what I have learned.  I do know now, that if I ever get into a high position of any sorts, as I saw all those in suits and sitting in the lobbies of the conferences relaxing, I want to help others like the man across the street preparing for the elements, so they can be in likewise comfort.

And today, I happened to read this in scriptures:

“And they brought children to him, that he should touch them. And his disciples rebuked those that brought them. When Jesus saw that, he was displeased, and said to them: *Suffer the children to come unto me and forbid them not. For of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in his arms, and put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

And when he was come into the way, there came one running and kneeled to him, and asked him: good Master, what shall I do, that I may inherit eternal life? Jesus said to him: why callest thou me good? There is no man good but one, which is God. Thou knowest the commandments: break not matrimony: kill not: steal not, bear not false witness: defraud no man: honour thy father and mother. He answered and said to him: master, all these I have observed from my youth. Jesus beheld him, and had a favour to him, and said unto him: one thing is lacking unto thee. Go and sell all that thou hast, and give to the poor and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come and follow me, and take up thy cross. But he was discomforted with that saying, and went away mourning, for he had great possessions.

And Jesus looked round about, and said unto his disciples: what an hard thing is it for them that have riches, to enter into the kingdom of God. And his disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answered again and said unto them: children, how hard is it for them, that trust in riches, to enter into the kingdom of God? It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of an needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they were astonished out of measure, saying between themselves: who then can be saved? Jesus looked upon them, and said: with men it is unpossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.”

Also as I typed this, these words came back to my remembrance, “Be not high minded”.

“Seeing that we have divers gifts according to the grace that is given unto us: if any man have the gift of prophecy, let him have it that it be agreeing unto the faith. Let him that hath an office wait on his office. Let him that teacheth, take heed to his doctrine. Let him that exhorteth, give attendance to his exhortation. If any man give, let him do it with singleness. Let him that ruleth do it with diligence. If any man show mercy, let him do it with cheerfulness. Let love be without *dissimulation. Hate that which is evil, and cleave unto that which is good. Be kind unto another with brotherly love. In giving honour, go one before another. Let not that business which ye have in hand, be tedious to you. Be fervent in the spirit. Apply your selves to the time. Rejoice in hope. Be patient in tribulation. Continue in prayer. Distribute unto the necessity of the saints and be ready to harbor. Bless them which persecute you: bless but curse not. Be merry with them that are merry. Weep with them that weep. Be of like affection one towards another. be not high minded: but make your selves equal to them of the lower sort. Be not wise in your own opinions. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide afore hand things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, how be it of your part, have peace with all men. Dearly beloved avenge not your selves, but give room unto the wrath of God. For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will reward saith the Lord.”  Romans 12
    beejean

Re: The economy

Post  beejean on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:19 am

DearWife wrote:October 30, 2013

And Jesus looked round about, and said unto his disciples: what an hard thing is it for them that have riches, to enter into the kingdom of God. And his disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answered again and said unto them: children, how hard is it for them, that trust in riches, to enter into the kingdom of God? It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of an needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they were astonished out of measure, saying between themselves: who then can be saved? Jesus looked upon them, and said: with men it is unpossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.”

Also as I typed this, these words came back to my remembrance, “Be not high minded”.

For it is written: vengeance is mine, and I will reward saith the Lord.”  Romans 12
    There are those who see that the economy has been manipulated to foster those who can invest in the game of the stock market, but not the people who seek their living in the average working neighborhoods.  Your husband, in his dream, mentions that the old people see a money crash and it seems like the end of the world.

However, I find  this in the Book of Esther.  Haman said to ...[the King] - 'There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the peoples in ... your kingdom; their laws are different... and they do not keep the king's laws....  If it please the king, let it be decreed that they be destroyed, and I will pay ten thousand talents of silver into the hands of those who have charge of the King's business that they may put it into the king's treasuries"  So the King took his signet ring ... and gave it to Haman, the Agagite... and the King said to Haman , "The money is given to you, the people also, to do with them as you wish."  Esther 3:7-11

The economic collapse is only felt by some, in certain groups or sectors.  The ones who are in certain businesses or seem to be in favor of the current leadership in the government do pretty well, but the ones who are members of groups which are less favored by our top executives seem to have observed their fortunes dipping.  This is an economic environment which is highly subject to manipulation by those in power who can give favors, insider tips, and higher economic renumeration to those they care for.  I have been petitioning, in prayer mode now -- because it seems that times approach for this money crash, which will seem like the end of the world to some, but which is not the full end of the world.  In unfair times, prayer is the only staple that can keep the children and the elderly and the disabled you have with you from being trampled by the one who has the signet ring.  So, I pray also that you might see a way that your children can prosper and so that the stock kings of this country may start to notice that it's important to treat all with respect.  I hope you, your husband, and your extended family be well and hopeful in spirit this week.
    DearWife

Post  DearWife on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:59 am

Thank-you beejean!  Great reference to Esther.  And you are so very right about prayer.  My mom is a witness to prayer, staying up late, reading her bible and praying for my protection when I was in my stubborn teen years.  Even for my dad when he was sick and in hospital, and they would release him late at night with no way of getting home.

And remember how Esther told Mardocheus to gather the people and to pray and fast for her three days and nights, and how she told him that she and her damsels would do likewise? (See Esther 4) And in the end, she found grace in the sight of the king, and that wicked Haman was hung on the very gallow he made for Mardocheus.  

"And when the king and Haman came to banquet that queen Esther had prepared, the king said unto Esther on the second day at the banquet of wine: What is thy petition queen Esther, that it may be given thee? And what requesteth thou? Yee, ask even half of the empire, and it shall be done. Esther the queen answered and said: If I have found grace in thy sight, ( O king ) and if it please the king, then grant me my life at my desire and my people for my petitions sake: for we are sold, I and my people both to be destroyed, to be slain, and to perish. And would God we were sold to be bondmen and bondwomen, then would I hold my tongue, so should not the enemy be so high to the kings harm. The king Ahasuerus spake and said unto queen Esther: What is he that? Or where is he that dare presume in his mind to do such a thing after that manner? Esther said: The enemy and *adversary is this wicked Haman."  Esther 7

If God be for us, who can be against us Smile

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be on our side: who can be against us? which spared not his own son, but gave him for us all: how shall he not with him give us all things also? Who shall lay anything to the charge of Gods chosen? it is God that justifieth: who then shall condemn? it is Christ which is dead, yee rather which is risen again, which is also on the right hand of God, and maketh intercession for us." Romans 8

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 Nov 2017, 9:26 pm