Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

The most unequal place in America

DearWife

The most unequal place in America

Post  DearWife on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 3:43 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/29/opinion/sutter-lake-providence-income-inequality/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"The 44-year-old overnight prison guard grew up on the south side of Lake Providence, the crescent moon-shaped body of water that generally divides the haves from have-nots here in the northeast corner of Louisiana. It's a place where the air is so soupy-hot your shins sweat; where bugs are such a looping, whirring presence that it can feel like you're trapped in hell's version of a snow globe; and where the level of income inequality, as persistent as the bugs and humidity, is higher than any other parish or county in America.

It's not a place where dreams live long.

Not south of the lake, at least."
    beejean

Re: The most unequal place in America

Post  beejean on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 3:27 pm

Lately, it has been "back to Charles Dickens" nationally. (Tale of Two Cities, 1859)

The systemic values got crushed when the hyper-volatility and hyper-fast electronic trades went into play - everyone had plenty of warning signals that the Finance sector was pulling forward into a separate class unto themselves, and the people next thought to counter it with big government and 2008 tactics -- big government throwing money at the big behemoth finance interests because the big finance interests bought them. Lookee, lookee the government's still bought out -- but now, like a cornered and dangerous quarry of financial game wardens, it turns around and tries to best the financial game wardens. Meanwhile, we the people are not equipped with a means to break up this scrappy roaring inside the regency game reserve. So we have federal easing going only to banksters and selected pampered industries, while we tough it out on the margins with acorns and cheetos.

The world of stability has been bye-bye after that -- Orwell was like the Jonathan Swift of the 1950's -- Think "Animal Farm" lived out in "1984".
    DearWife

Post  DearWife on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 6:33 am

Hi beejean.  My sister in law has four children she has to feed.  Her husband left her for another and has a new family.  She depended on him as her only means of support, but when they split, she had no other choice but to get assistance from the social services program in our county.  Now she states they are cutting back on funding for food.  Her children are quite thin already but are very content, highly smart and well mannered.  We've been trying to help out as much as we can, and the children were thrilled that we had bought them some hearty chinese food with lots of freshly made vegetables.  Her youngest I kept hearing say, "Mmmm...this is soooo good!  Mmmmm!!!  

When I look outside, I am seeing the homeless gathering more and more together.  They are forming what appear are packs, hanging together as though for survival.  When the sh*t hits the fan, they will be the ones who will know how to toughen it out and survive.  That's what keeps going through my mind.  The others who look down upon these and have no concideration for others, have no clue of the things to come.  The cities are and are going to be the toughest places to live in the future.  The Lord himself as it is written is going to cut the time short for the very sake of the elect.

At least one other person I know, believes that my son's generation is the last generation (generation Z'rs), and these will be the ones to repopulate the earth.  Those of us who are already here, the Lord has brought back, to teach this last generation.  I don't know how far fetched that sounds, but all I do know is that it does seem that the Lord is begining to separate the wheat from the tares.  The Lord also said to not be troubled when we see these things come to pass.  I believe in him when he said that.  So I'm not going to worry myself too much over what I see and hear.

Ya'll continue to pray for us and I ask you too to pray for my sister in law and her children. Because we all really need it right about now.  Thank-you.

~DW

"We desire you brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble minded, forbear the weak, have continual patience toward all men. See that none recompense evil for evil unto any man: but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice ever. pray continually. In all things give thanks. For this is the will of God in Christ Jesu toward you." Thessalonians 5
    beejean

Post  beejean on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:11 am

Yes, amen to that.  I'll pray for your family and your sister-in-law's family too.  

What I was writing above is like you said - separating the wheat from the tares.  The split into two sections -- people living within a group that is rolling in money and entirely out of control with graft, fast trades and no-bid gov. business, -- that's those who are ignoring the rest of the people in the country by trying to lower wages as much as they can, and who are charging high fees for every  transaction at the banks, and reducing the quality and the package sizes of the stuff they're selling.

We have a large homeless population in my city here in Massachusetts, and we have gangs in the city too.  Stay safe -- I hope and pray for the best in this environment.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 8:11 pm