Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

The Wind Storm

DearWife

The Wind Storm

Post  DearWife on Sat 30 Nov 2013, 3:43 am

So last Thursday, the bay area experienced a somewhat freak Windstorm, which killed 2 people here in Oakland. I noticed the winds began about 5 minutes before my mother and husband came back. Next thing you know, the winds started blowing wildly. At around 8:14pm our power went out. Our neighbors lights were on, however looking out the window, the only other lights on were the street lights.

The homeless man across the street, was holding onto the tarps he had protecting his belongings and huts. My dogs had been pacing back and forth. Strange thing though, several days before this, we kept getting power surges but we had fortunately bought an APC unit as backup power to shut down our computers.

We had one computer on via the APC unit, checking updates from PG&E on Twitter. We mostly saw updates from folk in the city stating they too experienced a blackout. But more and more people began to post. I called PG&E to see when our power would be back up, and it was mentioned it would turn on at 10:50 pm. However, 10:50 passed and still no power.

Now several interesting things transpired. As we huddled into our bedroom for warmth, As a wife's instinct is, I told my husband to go in the backyard to check things out. He said it would be ok. My son at this point decided to pull the couch bed out and work with some clay. We had the windows opened and you could hear the winds blowing wildly, and Mighty kept barking and barking but this was when we had more light.

As the sun had set my son had the laptop on, with the little power it had, to play some game. He wanted to sleep on the couch bed, and so I took up residence on the other couch just to talk to him. He was glad for the outage, and said now he knows what to do when another happens. Some time has passed, and next thing I know, my husband gets up in a hurry from our bedroom, and heads outside.

He comes back in, and tells me the fence fell down, and that he couldn't find Mighty, and tells me to help him with the fence and umbrellas. So I hurry on up to go outside. The sky was very clear, and the stars were very bright, in my mind, I felt that this was not an ordinary wind storm, I worried about the tree falling down as well. But when I come on out, I see that the one side of our fence has fallen down. My husband said, "Mighty is in the neighbor's yard, he's chasing the cats" I see him as he's running in the yard, but I can't get to him. The Umbrellas had been completely destroyed by the winds. We had about 5 large ones, which contributed to knocking the fence down. If only my husband listened to me, I thought.

And so, as I'm helping my husband, I take a pause, and go to the front, and see a burst of light from the south. It looked like a power outage but you heard no shock...it was like lightning but there were no clouds. At the same time, we're hearing sirens from firetrucks blaring back and forth.

I went back to the backyard, I look over the good part of the fence to see if I could find Mighty. I could not see him. I looked at our neighbor's yard, and saw their fence closed and they had chicken wire layered on the fence. But I figured Mighty may have went under the fence. I'm prayed at the point I was at the umbrellas helping to take them down, that that dog be kept safe. Sunny had been tethered up so he wouldn't run after Mighty.

My instinct told me to go back to the corner. I then see Mighty running around thank God! and I tell him, come here! come here! I knelled down so he would come to me, in which he did. Thank God! This dog cannot be trusted at times. He tried to make a run for it in the national forest one day when we decided it was safe to unleash him as no one was around. Then he booked for it. Sunny had ran after him to stop him from going over the cliff. Geesh!

But once I got Mighty from this incident, we caged him so he would not go back to the fence. We had to use an engine tether to temporarily hold the fence together till we could fix it. I just thank God and Jesus he did not escape passed our neighbor's fence, and happy about there being chicken wire on it.

Today I was teaching him how to hi-five. He did it a couple of times, but instead he wanted to get his treat while he was standing walking backwards, if that makes sense. Silly dog.

Eventually the power came on at around 1:30 in the morning.

But this just reminds me of that dream I had when I thought Mighty ran away for good:

http://boppinalong.finddiscussion.com/t1414-mighty-running-away

beejean

Re: The Wind Storm

Post  beejean on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:47 am

Who could blame Mighty for wanting to rush away? It might add a little fun to your day to rush away to another town too !

But the wind storm -- now that's extremely strange. Lots of strange weather swerves going on lately. Sorry to hear that your property was damaged, but glad to hear that repairs are being made.

Have a good weekend coming up. We're expecting snow for Saturday in Massachusetts.

All the Best to you DearWife.
    DearWife

Post  DearWife on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 1:00 am

Thank-you beejean.  Hope you and all are faring well in all this weather.

~DW

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 6:09 pm