Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

3 posters

Understanding Ear Tones - The Next Step in Research

Petra
    Petra

Understanding Ear Tones - The Next Step in Research Empty Understanding Ear Tones - The Next Step in Research

Post  Petra Thu 25 Feb 2010, 8:55 am

Understanding scientifically how our ear tone experiences occur is a problem I'd like solved once and for all and not find the worlds residents who have this experience to be swept under the rug by some scientists as something to be foo-fooed.

Give some scientists believe it occurs as an inner ear reception from geomagnetic precursory signals when rocks break inside of faults and that information is then transmitted to our brains which tell us where the sound comes from may be correct, but establishing proof isn't necessarily easy and to that end recently I discovered a scientific publication which deals exclusively with scientific research related to physical experiences interpreted by the brain.

And today one particular article led me to believe maybe two researchers who made quite a leap in one area may be the new place to pick up the trail to discovering the answer we need, so I've made the all important inquiry and I hope somehow it will lead to a scientist(s) who can help us.

So for those who wish to see a final positive result, hang in there. We have a ways to go yet, but it seems to me in the most simplistic way, if they can break a rock in a lab and record what our inner ear and brain makes of that sound, then maybe the answer is more simple than some might realize. In this I'm sure the subject would have to be hooked up to an EEG machine and other than pulling that nasty gummy glue out of one's hair, it's not the least bit painful.

However, if anyone has any further ideas about where I might pursue looking for assitance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

Petra
    John Kettler

Understanding Ear Tones - The Next Step in Research Empty These should help

Post  John Kettler Fri 26 Feb 2010, 12:01 am

Petra
    Petra

Understanding Ear Tones - The Next Step in Research Empty Re: Understanding Ear Tones - The Next Step in Research

Post  Petra Fri 26 Feb 2010, 6:35 am

Hi John,

I've known Larry Park for ages and I'm in the Aches to Quakes article you linked and it appeared in Nexus Magazine in 2006. On 4/17/06 on the night before the 100th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake earthquake Larry and I taped an interview with Barry Eaton of Nexus Radio and it was aired two weeks later and both were on Nexus' site for about a year.

What we need is a scientist in some realm to be able to validate that we hear a sound generated from rocks breaking in faults. In laboratory tests they already know rocks emit an EM signal so we have to establish the connection to our reception of that signal prior to earthquakes. So the questions we would ask are; How does it happen? Is it in our inner ear as suggested by some or actually our outer ear? And does the brain tell us what this sound means?

There was some kind of research done years ago with mice on exactly this topic, in that they broke rocks in a lab and confirmed the mice heard the sound, but when I followed up on it the response I got was peculiar and the scientist rather put it off like it had no meaning. It was one of those times you walk away shaking your head and just know the person doesn't want to get involved, so they act weird. And given there were no papers on it, then there's nothing solid out there.

Thanks for looking round the Net. I appreciate it very much.

Petra
    John Kettler

Understanding Ear Tones - The Next Step in Research Empty Re: Understanding Ear Tones - The Next Step in Research

Post  John Kettler Sat 27 Feb 2010, 3:07 am

Petra,

I knew he'd interviewed you, but I had no idea you had such a long connection. Offhand, I think maybe a place to start would be to see If you can find a way to get more sensitives who hear tones tested for the ability to hear below 20 Hz (cutoff for normal human hearing). Charlotte King was tested in this manner and found to have that kind of ability. Once you've got some people with demonstrated lower than human hearing, it should then be possible to find a materials lab in which chunks of granite can be put in a hydraulic press and squeezed to failure point. Tests could be run with acoustic instruments capable of detecting and displaying the full range of acoustic emissions only, then with sensitives present but with no access to the instrument readouts (sensitives might not even be in same room), plus the usual controls, such as people with no Earth sensitivity ever demonstrated.

Given some of what I experience on the vision front, I find myself wondering which of several possible things causes vision distortion before an eruption: internal eye pressure, eye distortion, squeezing of the optic nerve, distortion of the optic signal to the brain, disruptions in the visual cortex, etc., alone or in combination. Am therefore wondering whether a similar list might be applicable to your proposed study. What exactly is being perceived, how and where?

John
    Petra
    Petra

Post  Petra Sat 27 Feb 2010, 7:10 am

John,

One of the first things you have to wrap your head around is the fact that we don't “hear” ear tones. That's a total misnomer. We perceive we are hearing a sound, but we aren't. So it doesn't matter what the range of normal hearing or exceptional hearing may be, because it does not apply to the perception of hearing earthquakes.

What is not understood is how we evaluate the experience. So in testing our brain system by electro encephagram it charts every neuro facility be it ears to brain, inner ear to brain, et cetera, but none of it is related to hearing. It is related to an electro-magnetic signal sent out by breaking rocks and it does not produce a sound.

Scientifically I'm the first documented person to experience an “ear tone type” experience at the same time EM data was being collected. This happened just prior to the Alum Rock 10/30/07 earthquake. I heard what seemed best described as a sound similar to a helicopter on the tarmac warming up for flight. It was an evenly paced on-off low pitched sound. At the same time Quake Finders equipment near Alum Rock recorded three days of pulsations. And pulsations is exactly the correct word.

So even in looking at collecting persons to be tested, one would break rocks creating the signal and those being tested would be hooked up to an EEG machine to ascertain how it happens. We know it is not in the real sense of hearing at all, so what's the actual path of perception? It could be the EM signal tickles the hairs in our ears and they then make a sound. Or it could be as described to me by a scientist that it is collected in our inner ear, the message is sent to our brain and our brain tells us we are hearing a sound. Or as another scientist believes there is nothing going on in the ear system, but just the brain itself. So no hearing tests will ever reveal the answer. And that's why I call them Earth Sounds, not ear tones.

You may be correct in regard to your eye experiences, but we don't know the process of how volcanic events emit something into the earth's dynamic fields. So it's like starting at square one with the ear experience with miles to go yet until another bit of information which is missing is collected and puts it together. The fact that most volcanic events are at a long distance that only makes it more difficult to research.

One tie that binds sensitivity to geophysical activities is that the body is the mirror of the earth itself and thus earth sounds reflect exactly the geology of the area where earthquakes happen and as my research has made clear, every earthquake fault segment has it's own unique sound and it is like the fingerprints of every human being, no two are alike. And keep in mind an earthquake fault is not just one a single level, but there are multiple levels, much like a stack of pancakes and only one level may be moving at a time, so that level emits a signal that does not sound like the others an example.

So in time I'm sure there is one or more scientists out there who can figure this out, but not in geophysics, but in neurology. And God let that be soon!

Petra
    Mary/Portland, OR
    Mary/Portland, OR

Post  Mary/Portland, OR Sat 27 Feb 2010, 11:17 am

Petra wrote:Alum Rock 10/30/07 earthquake

Hi Petra - I am with you on everything you wrote, and I hesitate to add this, but the fact is I was right smack dab on top of the New Madrid Fault Zone when that Halloween Quake hit Alum Rock.

I was visiting there from the SF Bay Area, and a couple of hours before that quake hit, I was struck by the only time I ever felt such a powerful pain in my right shoulder I actually felt I was on the verge of throwing up. Couldn't explain it then, and can't explain it to this day.

I have always wondered if there was some connection amongst the fault lines from San Andreas to New Madrid because of that bizarre experience I had.

No ear tones in that case. Just extreme pain in my shoulder that impacted my stomach, and I've never had such an experience before or since.

???
    Petra
    Petra

Post  Petra Sun 28 Feb 2010, 2:53 am

Hi Mary,

There's no connection between the faults at great distances, however, the connection to places is in your symbiotic relationship to the earth and in particular places where you have been before, know of someone who lives there or have a decided interest in that location.

With great rarity do I physically feel anything unless I'm right on top of a fault, but there are a couple of places which I have an interest in such as upper Baja and from time to time I get very low back pains for that area.

But for me mostly it comes via ESP but in weird ways. Like the other day I wrote a blog on Russian earthquakes and in particular paid attention to the Pacific Ocean tsunami one generated in 1952 and I included a photo of a tsunami hitting Hawaii and I titled it "Hawaii Slammed" and where were we today? See, that's what I mean, it's strange stuff.

Of late I have been fixated on Portugal from the primary country area to the Azores and I can't seem to let it go and I think about issuing predictions for there, but yet it doesn't seem like we are quite there yet, but it lingers.

But I'll tell you the best place in the world to hear ear tones is in Parkfield as there is but one fault and if you're there, you're right on top of it. Tones there sound like being on a railroad line. They are as clear as can be, easy to count and knowing where they belong via mileage distancing is terribly easy. It's to bad it's so expensive to live there or I'd be there today for sure.

Petra

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:28 am