Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+2
JudyW
Dona
6 posters

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons

Dona

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons

Post  Dona Sat 27 Feb 2010, 5:38 pm

Article;Iran has left international weapons inspectors stunned over the past two weeks as it suddenly moved virtually all of its underground nuclear stockpile to an above-ground plant, and now the international community is struggling to determine what the country might be planning.

Administration officials and international experts, according to the New York Times, are considering numerous possibilities. It could be, some say, that the country simply ran out of space for its underground stockpile. But others warn that the Iranian government, which orchestrated a brutal crackdown of demonstrators after last year’s presidential elections, may have more nefarious intentions:

The strangest of the speculations — but the one that is being talked about most — is that Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps is inviting an attack to unify the country after eight months of street demonstrations that have pitted millions of Iranians against their government. As one senior European diplomat noted Thursday, an Israeli military strike might be the “best thing” for Iran’s leadership, because it would bring Iranians together against a national enemy.

[...]DC
    JudyW
    JudyW

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty Re: Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons

Post  JudyW Sun 28 Feb 2010, 12:13 pm

This would be the perfect time for a strike on Iran. Every nations attention is on Chile, and Haiti.
    On a postive note, it could be Iran is just showing its weapons as a deterrant to keep Israel from invading.
    The last thing those poor people in that area need is a Nuclear oops. I ask the Creator to intervene and establish peace. Judy
    Bill Silver Eagle
    Bill Silver Eagle

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty Nuclear Iran ....

Post  Bill Silver Eagle Sun 28 Feb 2010, 12:49 pm

Maybe I've got my head in the proverbial sand, and I would like to see the good in every society, instead of allowing the fear of "what if" to control my thoughts. Truly my only "what if" concern is that extremists, be they government or non-government, get access to completed nuclear weapons. Whether we are looking at the case of a government sponsored weapons program with missile warheads and bombs, or a non-government activity like a dirty-suit case type bomb, like Tom Clancy's book The Sum of All Fears. Most everyone hear has at one point or another voiced their concerns about "fear-mongering" which ranks right up there with "war-mongering".

If the world community were to follow the United States example of fear-mongering about the "what-if" a nuclear Iran attacks Israel and deny's Iran's sovereign right to pursue nuclear technology, be it weaponized or for energy/research purposes; ...

Can that same "fear-mongering" not be turned around by the world community about the "what-if" the United States and/or Israel uses conventional military weapons against Iran as a means to demand the disarmament of the United States and/or Israel?

I mean in rural, red-neck terms, aren't we saying something like, you've got a hound, your hound could kill my chickens, so I'm going to kill your hound before your hound kills my chickens? Who do those anal-retentive s.o.b.'s in Washington think they are that they can dictate to the world community, who can and who can't have access to nuclear technology? I mean isn't that like telling a four-year old, they can only have two of the ten cookies in the cookie jar, and then beating them with a belt because they ate more than two cookies?

Yeah, I know, "but...what if...." blah, blah, blah .... Let's look for a moment at the scenario in The Sum of All Fears....the nuke that was detonated in the United States during the Super Bowl, the nuclear material originated in the United States and was a part of a shipment of material that was provided to Israel in advance of the Six Day War, and was part of the wreckage of a downed Israeli fighter, and the weapon didn't detonate.

Would the United States government be screaming this loud if instead of Iran, that Indonesia or Malaysia were developing nuclear technology? Or if it were Boliva, or Brazil?
    Grits
    Grits

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty Re: Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons

Post  Grits Sun 28 Feb 2010, 1:00 pm

Judy said:
    it could be Iran is just showing its weapons as a deterrant to keep Israel from invading.

or it could be that Iran is fixing to try to wipe Israel off the face of the map as they have threatened to do numerous times...

How anyone can blame Israel for defending itself against that threat is beyond me, but I know many on EB board always blamed Israel first...sigh Crying or Very sad
    Bill Silver Eagle
    Bill Silver Eagle

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty But who is right .... or is there a right or wrong?

Post  Bill Silver Eagle Sun 28 Feb 2010, 2:39 pm

Again, reposting part of my post ... "I mean in rural, red-neck terms, aren't we saying something like, you've (Iran) got a hound (nukes), your hound could kill my (Israel) chickens (citizens), so I'm (Israel) going to kill your hound (nukes) before your hound (Iranian nukes) kills my chickens (Israeli citizens)?"

After all, the PTB in DC have been trying to shove "American Justice" up everyone's ass, I don't know of any judicial system that approves or allows me to take action based on something you might do. At the most the system only provides for "restraining orders" against a "perceived" threat.

Words do not equate actions or guilt. If they did many who post here might be facing federal court for anything from conspiracy to commit insurrection to treason.
    johnl
    johnl

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty stalker or stalked?

Post  johnl Sun 28 Feb 2010, 4:10 pm

It’s a complicated situation. It reminds me of the 30-year-old school teacher in Tacoma, WA who was followed by an un-requited lover, who shot her at the school (a couple days ago), even though there was a restraining order.

In the case of Israel and Iran, it’s hard to tell who the stalker and the stalked are. They both seem to be stalking each other.

Jesus had wept over the city of Jerusalem for not knowing the time of their visitation, and found instead that the money-changers had taken over the temple of worship. He predicted that Jerusalem would be surrounded by their enemies. From the gospel of Luke:

And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
    Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.

For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
    ….. because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;
    Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.
    ------------------------

Kind of reminds me of Wall St. and the derivatives trading that’s caused so much economic problems in Iceland and Greece, among other places.

John
    Bill Silver Eagle
    Bill Silver Eagle

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty How to simply solve the Middle East ....

Post  Bill Silver Eagle Sun 28 Feb 2010, 4:49 pm

From Taras Bulba with Yule Brenner and Tony Curtis
    Jump to 5:15 in the sequence.
    johnl
    johnl

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty revenge

Post  johnl Sun 28 Feb 2010, 5:58 pm

If they put Israel’s top woman’s tennis player vs Iran’s top woman’s tennis player, Shahar Peer of Israel would probably win. In Dubai 2 weeks ago, Shahar Peer reached the finals, but lost to Venus Williams. I have a feeling that some of the other women tennis players took it easy on S.P. so she could reach the finals, becaue she’d been rejected last year to play at Dubai, an Arab tennis tournament.

As far as the Romeo-Juliet angle in the movie “Taras Bulba,” the Lord helped to break a few powerful romantic spells, over the years, so I’ve never had to deal with a R-J or Samson-Delilah situation. This was one of my corny jokes awhile back:

Delilah: “The homosexuals be upon you.”

Me: “You mean the Philistines, don’t you.”

Delilah: “That would be too easy.”
    Dona

Post  Dona Mon 01 Mar 2010, 10:01 pm

Silvereagle loved your hound aligory. I posted to you but the whole web just disappeared so I will try it again.

I was remarking that it would be wonderful if man could evolved enough to maintain a mass feeling of goodness/faith but due to genetics we react to fear and the real reason Americans and others are so fat. Even Alq noted this. We are filled with fear and can do nothing about the flight/fight syndrome so it shows on our bodies as belly FAT! Since we do not all run outside and exercise every time we watch the talking boobs on the boob tube,after the initial endorphin release another hormone is released making everyone fat. The fear of another Columbine/911 shows drastically on the children that are adults now.
    Fortunately I kept my kids in sports,karate,etc and feed them whole grain/vegs etc...The meat we eat also have these hormones in them used to make the animal grow get fat so fear is just reflected worse then we realize...I fear.
    I am fat because I am afraid...? Certain body types actually lose wt but the majority of the pop do not have that body type.

America will never disarm,just a fact.
    Bill Silver Eagle
    Bill Silver Eagle

Iran unexpectedly surfaces hidden nuclear weapons Empty Sadly, you're right ..... we'll never disarm ....

Post  Bill Silver Eagle Mon 01 Mar 2010, 11:41 pm

It is a sad commentary about the human race ... we can send our best young and middle-aged athletes to compete around the world every two years, once in Northern Hemisphere Winter and once in Northern Hemisphere Summer. Those athletes were excellent during the Olympics, as was the Host Nation Canada ... I know the Gold Medal Hockey Match was a "national" thing for them ... but I'll tell you ... when the played "O Canada" and all you could hear was the fans signing and the music barely audible ... it made me proud for them ... hell I even sang along.

My point is too bad we can't settle differences athletically or a poker game ... Smile

RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Tue 02 Mar 2010, 12:03 am

What "fearmongering" is going on? Or are we back to the old behavior of labeling those that speak about potentially uncomfortable subjects as fearmongers and doomsayers... isn't that part of what tanked EB?... Suspect
    Dona

Post  Dona Tue 02 Mar 2010, 12:54 am

Hi all,nice day but a bit cold for my taste.

I just found this a few hours ago on BBC,sorta what some were talking about here. Number one,I know for a fact that the decommission of nukes is due to their age and quality,so take this with a grain of salt.

US plans 'dramatic reductions' in nuclear weapons
    President Obama speaking in Prague 5 April 2009 (file photo)
    Mr Obama outlined his vision of a world free of nuclear weapons last April

US President Barack Obama is planning "dramatic reductions" in the country's nuclear arsenal, a senior US administration official has said.

This would come as part of a sweeping policy review designed to prevent the spread of atomic weapons, he said.

He added that the new strategy will point to a greater role for conventional weapons. see link LINK bom
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Tue 02 Mar 2010, 2:54 pm

Dona wrote:Hi all,nice day but a bit cold for my taste.

I just found this a few hours ago on BBC,sorta what some were talking about here. Number one,I know for a fact that the decommission of nukes is due to their age and quality,so take this with a grain of salt.

US President Barack Obama is planning "dramatic reductions" in the country's nuclear arsenal, a senior US administration official has said.

This would come as part of a sweeping policy review designed to prevent the spread of atomic weapons, he said.

He added that the new strategy will point to a greater role for conventional weapons. see link LINK bom

"outlined his vision"... from almost a year ago... was this an extension of his vision to end the war and bring the troops home, I wonder?... What a Face

Ok, say they do decommission the stockpile in truth due to the techs old age and not because of some altruistic motivations (but it makes a great photo op/soundbite for the "history" books Wink )... all this in truth does is let the Red Team play for a few years making "better" conventional weapons until they "dominate" again and start building a new generation of nukes (which has already started R and D from the last time they were in, new generation nuke plants to!)... sadly, no matter what is said by the Blue Team, humanity does not march backwards... only ever onward... we'll always have that Beast hanging right behind us... just sayin'... bom
    Dona

Post  Dona Fri 05 Mar 2010, 11:33 pm

RIG wrote:
    Dona wrote:Hi all,nice day but a bit cold for my taste.

"outlined his vision"... from almost a year ago... was this an extension of his vision to end the war and bring the troops home, I wonder?... What a Face

Ok, say they do decommission the stockpile in truth due to the techs old age and not because of some altruistic motivations (but it makes a great photo op/soundbite for the "history" books Wink )... all this in truth does is let the Red Team play for a few years making "better" conventional weapons until they "dominate" again and start building a new generation of nukes (which has already started R and D from the last time they were in, new generation nuke plants to!)... sadly, no matter what is said by the Blue Team, humanity does not march backwards... only ever onward... we'll always have that Beast hanging right behind us... just sayin'... bom

They have the new generation of nukes. Pres. Bush under law had to qualify and ask congress for the go ahead which is an18month review. It was passed by congress right before his last yr. We also have now the third gen. of nukes for energy. Many want this including china so we might use it for bargaining.

New Technology:Hybrid Fusion – The Third Nuclear Option

Posted by Jack on March 4, 2010 · Leave a Comment

THE long-anticipated nuclear renaissance has arrived. In his State of the Union address last month, President Barack Obama announced plans for the US to build a new generation of nuclear power plants, and his budget for 2011 proposes large funding increases for the industry.

Try Jobs on Technology: Job Search Engine

Several European countries are also likely to restart their nuclear power programmes soon. The UK plans to increase to 20 per cent the proportion of its electricity generated from nuclear.

A return to nuclear power is attractive right now for many reasons. It promises to help cut carbon emissions and reduce imports of fossil fuel. What’s more, unlike renewables, it can ensure a stable baseload electricity supply whatever the weather.

However, nuclear energy also creates problems of its own, not least the risk of Chernobyl-style accidents and the production of radioactive waste that takes tens of thousands of years to decay. One thing Obama did not spell out is how the US will deal with a new generation of waste now that it has abandoned plans for a storage facility at Yucca mountain.see link LINK

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 9:37 pm