Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!


    Your avatars and you...

    Share
    avatar
    Grits

    Posts : 226
    Join date : 2010-02-21
    Age : 63
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Grits on Mon 22 Feb 2010, 10:50 pm

    My avatar is temporary, but the kitty very much reminds me of my kitty I have boarded at my daughter's house except my kitty, Rascal, has a black mustache also.

    Not sure what I'll choose, but probably something I'll upload since I just joined a new picture hosting site.

    I love the avatars everyone has chosen and also the real pics. It's nice to put a face on a few of those I've been reading for all these years.

    cat tongue
    avatar
    Nightmoves

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 66
    Location : Chatsworth, CA

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Nightmoves on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 12:11 am

    Grits wrote:My avatar is temporary, but the kitty very much reminds me of my kitty I have boarded at my daughter's house except my kitty, Rascal, has a black mustache also.

    Not sure what I'll choose, but probably something I'll upload since I just joined a new picture hosting site.

    I love the avatars everyone has chosen and also the real pics. It's nice to put a face on a few of those I've been reading for all these years.

    cat tongue

    I have a black and white kitty too Grits. cat Mine is a Maine Coon and has really long hair. He is such a cutie. flower One day I'll figure out how to load some pictures to share. I love looking and the Avatars with the real pictures also. Nice to see you here. I love you
    avatar
    LaLuna

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 67

    Thought I'd try a medicine wheel for now...

    Post  LaLuna on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 1:21 am

    I've been collecting Native American artwork and am very much interested in the culture. Also, I'm a Reiki practitioner, so I chose to use an image of a medicine wheel with healing hands.

    Carole

    (I love the emoticons! sunny )
    avatar
    Nightmoves

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 66
    Location : Chatsworth, CA

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Nightmoves on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 1:32 am

    LaLuna wrote:I've been collecting Native American artwork and am very much interested in the culture. Also, I'm a Reiki practitioner, so I chose to use an image of a medicine wheel with healing hands.

    Carole

    (I love the emoticons! sunny )

    Hi LaLuna, glad you found us over here. Welcome aboard. Kate and her mom Calibabe have been so good to us and I know you will love it here too. Love your Avatar I love you

    Dona

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2010-02-22

    I have an avitar but yet cannot post it,may need some help

    Post  Dona on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 2:53 am

    Well,could chg it but was trying to use the ball laser but cannot capture it without the plane. Strange,truly went four hours the other day trying to indicate it from other structures...just checked today,seems I might have a winner...lol.
    Not exactly truth but darn close.
    I will put the pic her ,let me know...it is not exact and maybe should not use it as my avatar. Let me know.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510wLAh5goL._SL500_AA280_.jpg I am dumb,cannot get this to host.
    Dona
    avatar
    marc / berkeley

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2010-02-22

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  marc / berkeley on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 4:10 pm

    Mine is one of my dogs. They are mini-huskies formally known as: klee kai. I couldn't find my usual avatars, but thot it would be an excellent second choice.
    Like posting a picture of one's kids I suppose....

    --M
    avatar
    Nightmoves

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 66
    Location : Chatsworth, CA

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Nightmoves on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 4:25 pm

    marc / berkeley wrote:Mine is one of my dogs. They are mini-huskies formally known as: klee kai. I couldn't find my usual avatars, but thot it would be an excellent second choice.
    Like posting a picture of one's kids I suppose....

    --M

    My what beautiful blue eyes. Very Happy
    I love the matching collar Cool
    Very cute doggie Exclamation Exclamation
    avatar
    Karin in wa

    Posts : 77
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Age : 61
    Location : Port Townsend wa

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Karin in wa on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 5:51 pm

    RIG wrote:I always love it when this question is asked, it can lead to some interesting discussions... so, what does your avatar mean to you?...

    My original image was Merlin from the movie Excalibur... although I very much love Merlin the person to the character, it's not quite me... yet... Wink

    The second image (at present)... is Stilgar, a character from the books, movie, and mini series Dune... he was leader of the one of the Fremen tribes, a capable desert warrior, and was a Fedaykin... Muad'Dibs personal gaurd/fighters in freeing Arrakis from the evil House Harkonnen. Hence the red hand and smeared shoulders of the Fedaykin...

    My original signature was the Bene Gesserit Litany against Fear... but then I found this one... it suits me more at the present Time...

    I'm on a huge Dune kick at present... don't know why, but I like it!... geek


    join the club, I recently re-read the entire series
    avatar
    Betty in Texas

    Posts : 101
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 69
    Location : Central Texas

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Betty in Texas on Fri 26 Feb 2010, 4:49 am

    I loved Lord of the Rings. I am a very fairy tale ending sort of person. The immortal kissing the little hobbit gives me a wonderful feeling inside...like a blessing from above being handed down. And yes, I am a blond with long hair.
    Betty

    *Cynthia

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2010-02-20
    Location : Sandy, OR

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  *Cynthia on Fri 26 Feb 2010, 7:58 am

    marc / berkeley wrote:Mine is one of my dogs. They are mini-huskies formally known as: klee kai. I couldn't find my usual avatars, but thot it would be an excellent second choice.
    Like posting a picture of one's kids I suppose....

    --M
    Your dog is beautiful Marc. How large do mini-huskies get?
    avatar
    eversince

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Location : Big Lake Alaska

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  eversince on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 8:25 am

    LaLuna wrote:I've been collecting Native American artwork and am very much interested in the culture. Also, I'm a Reiki practitioner, so I chose to use an image of a medicine wheel with healing hands.

    Carole

    (I love the emoticons! sunny )

    I REALLY love this picture! It moved me. May I capture it? I saved it om my PC.
    avatar
    Bill Silver Eagle

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2010-02-19

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Bill Silver Eagle on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 12:56 pm

    To end all the questions ....

    Yes my avatar is a real picture of me taken at a Powwow in Central Florida.
    avatar
    RIG

    Posts : 80
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Location : Pennsylvania

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  RIG on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 1:07 pm

    Bill Silver Eagle wrote:To end all the questions ....

    Yes my avatar is a real picture of me taken at a Powwow in Central Florida.

    Dressed for Ragnarok! Well done!... Wink
    avatar
    marc / berkeley

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2010-02-22

    RE: Klee Kai Size

    Post  marc / berkeley on Sun 28 Feb 2010, 8:12 pm

    Hi Cynthia!

    I think there are only 5000 klee kai.

    The standard has changed over the years.

    30 lb. used to be the standard, now they get disqualified if over 19.

    There are mini 7.1 to 11 lb. and toy 5 to 7 lb.

    The one in my avatar is 11 lb. and is 1 yr, 4 months.

    They are high energy dogs, but very trainable because they are very intelligent.

    They have great sense of smell and hearing.

    They bark, but are overall quiet dogs.

    Mine actually learn to say words, which is pretty funny.

    Because they are rare, they are pricey, I warn you of that in advance.


    They are a lot of fun tho and make great house dogs!

    I have one white one (old standard 30 lb, and this one 11 lb.)


    --M
    avatar
    LaLuna

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 67

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  LaLuna on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 2:58 am

    eversince wrote:
    LaLuna wrote:I've been collecting Native American artwork and am very much interested in the culture. Also, I'm a Reiki practitioner, so I chose to use an image of a medicine wheel with healing hands.

    Carole

    (I love the emoticons! sunny )

    I REALLY love this picture! It moved me. May I capture it? I saved it om my PC.

    Sure, I have no problem with you grabbing a screen capture. If you want the picture in a larger size, I got it from the Living Drums website. The picture is actually a painted drum. I just snagged a screen capture, and changed the background from white to black. I used it as my desktop image for awhile. LOL... Secrets revealed.

    Here's the website. Maybe they'll have some other designs you like.
    http://www.livingdrums.com/

    Carole
    avatar
    LaLuna

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 67

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  LaLuna on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 3:02 am

    Bill Silver Eagle wrote:To end all the questions ....

    Yes my avatar is a real picture of me taken at a Powwow in Central Florida.

    Nice. I do like seeing what the people I'm communicating with look like. Thanks!

    Carole
    avatar
    freemind

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2010-02-27
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  freemind on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 10:50 am

    socalshakin wrote:
    RIG wrote:I always love it when this question is asked, it can lead to some interesting discussions... so, what does your avatar mean to you?...

    My original image was Merlin from the movie Excalibur... although I very much love Merlin the person to the character, it's not quite me... yet... Wink

    The second image (at present)... is Stilgar, a character from the books, movie, and mini series Dune... he was leader of the one of the Fremen tribes, a capable desert warrior, and was a Fedaykin... Muad'Dibs personal gaurd/fighters in freeing Arrakis from the evil House Harkonnen. Hence the red hand and smeared shoulders of the Fedaykin...

    My original signature was the Bene Gesserit Litany against Fear... but then I found this one... it suits me more at the present Time...

    I'm on a huge Dune kick at present... don't know why, but I like it!... geek

    I was going to send you a message complimenting you on your avatar! I'm a huge Dune fan, in fact, I might just go put on my special edition in a bit. Feeling in Dune mood too Smile I never ever liked any of the attempted remakes that they tried to do for Sci Fi. Never had the touch that David Lynch did, and being a big David Lynch fan too, nothing compares to the original, with Kyle MacLaughlin and Sting.

    As a quote from Paul Atreides/Muad'Dib"

    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

    As for my avatar, my first one was the Goddess Gaia, one with the Earth. I am born on Earth Day, so I've always felt a very close connection to our planet and to nature. My current avatar is a buttermilk buckskin Arabian mare, my dream horse. I hope to be fortunate enough one day to own one. My mom would say I have a deathwish when it comes to horses as I nearly lost my life in a jumping accident in 2001. I can't stay away from them, but I no longer jump. At least not yet Laughing



    socalshakin, If that is you, all that i can say is wow.

    This is my usual avatar on line.

    She represents so much beauty to me.
    avatar
    socalshakin

    Posts : 344
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Age : 36
    Location : Oxnard, CA

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  socalshakin on Mon 01 Mar 2010, 10:53 pm

    freemind wrote:
    socalshakin wrote:
    RIG wrote:I always love it when this question is asked, it can lead to some interesting discussions... so, what does your avatar mean to you?...

    My original image was Merlin from the movie Excalibur... although I very much love Merlin the person to the character, it's not quite me... yet... Wink

    The second image (at present)... is Stilgar, a character from the books, movie, and mini series Dune... he was leader of the one of the Fremen tribes, a capable desert warrior, and was a Fedaykin... Muad'Dibs personal gaurd/fighters in freeing Arrakis from the evil House Harkonnen. Hence the red hand and smeared shoulders of the Fedaykin...

    My original signature was the Bene Gesserit Litany against Fear... but then I found this one... it suits me more at the present Time...

    I'm on a huge Dune kick at present... don't know why, but I like it!... geek

    I was going to send you a message complimenting you on your avatar! I'm a huge Dune fan, in fact, I might just go put on my special edition in a bit. Feeling in Dune mood too Smile I never ever liked any of the attempted remakes that they tried to do for Sci Fi. Never had the touch that David Lynch did, and being a big David Lynch fan too, nothing compares to the original, with Kyle MacLaughlin and Sting.

    As a quote from Paul Atreides/Muad'Dib"

    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

    As for my avatar, my first one was the Goddess Gaia, one with the Earth. I am born on Earth Day, so I've always felt a very close connection to our planet and to nature. My current avatar is a buttermilk buckskin Arabian mare, my dream horse. I hope to be fortunate enough one day to own one. My mom would say I have a deathwish when it comes to horses as I nearly lost my life in a jumping accident in 2001. I can't stay away from them, but I no longer jump. At least not yet Laughing



    socalshakin, If that is you, all that i can say is wow.

    This is my usual avatar on line.

    She represents so much beauty to me.


    LOL... awww Smile Thank you Freemind! Yes, that is me, on my birthday at Disneyland last year.

    Love your avatar BTW, simply gorgeous!
    avatar
    Whisper

    Posts : 22
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Location : Texas

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Whisper on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 6:45 pm

    I really love avatars and think that they reflect one's personality. I just want to say to Bill Silver Eagle..you are exactly as I pictured you in my mind and it made me smile.

    As for mine, a friend sent me that picture and said it reminded her of me. I'm not familiar with the picture so if any of you are maybe you can enlighten. To me it represents a woman in motion spreading light where she can. That's who I'm trying to be.

    I plan to change my avatar's ever so often. Have a pic of my sweet Maggie so I'll share with you soon. 4 legged babies are the best. Wink

    If socalshakin' doesn't mind you should all keep this thread going and when you change your avatar come talk about it here. I see other Boards do this and it's pretty neat sharing your thoughts and whats going on. That's what friends do. I love you
    avatar
    Bill Silver Eagle

    Posts : 70
    Join date : 2010-02-19

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Bill Silver Eagle on Thu 11 Mar 2010, 2:31 pm

    My Change .... this is a temporary change, it's an image titled "ancient elders" ... there is something about it that has always drawn me to it ... granted I do accept the concept of past lives and having been here before ... many times in fact.
    avatar
    LaLuna

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 67

    Change is good...

    Post  LaLuna on Sun 14 Mar 2010, 5:57 pm

    I was planning to change my avatar soon anyway. I have a picture that I'm modifying, but will put up this picture of myself for awhile, maybe a day or so. Y'all can get at least some idea of what I look like! cyclops

    I've been intrigued by the concept of past lives. Having been brought up in a church that teaches we only live once, no reincarnation, it's been a bit difficult for me to accept, but I try to keep an open mind about such things. If this is something anyone else is interested in discussing, maybe we can start another thread and share some ideas. In fact, I think I'll do that now!

    Carole sunny
    avatar
    LaLuna

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2010-02-22
    Age : 67

    Time to change again!

    Post  LaLuna on Wed 17 Mar 2010, 5:25 am

    Said I was only going to leave my photograph up for a couple of days. I do love watching the big birds, so I decided to go with this Red-tailed Hawk for awhile. I've been seeing a pair circling around here lately.

    Carole flower

    Sponsored content

    Re: Your avatars and you...

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm