Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!


    Morning Everyone!

    Share
    avatar
    TrishNrthrdgCA

    Posts : 59
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Location : Northridge, CA

    Morning Everyone!

    Post  TrishNrthrdgCA on Sat 06 Mar 2010, 6:43 pm

    Just popped in to say hi! Sitting here waiting for AT&T to come and fix my phone. It died on Wednesday:-( Seems they were working on the phone lines this week and lots of neighbors lost their connections ... cept they got theirs back .. I didnt. Am lucky I still have Net connection!

    Also, our mail boxes were vandalized last weekend ... they ripped the main locks out and stole the mail. Im missing a debit card that was due to arrive ..... blooming nightmare! I just went to the Northridge PO to pick up my mail, and it wasnt in with the stack of bills. Its 2 weeks late ...... so have to deal with that.

    Cold n dank here this am .... 54 degs. Saw that 4.5 up offshore Petrolia .. its getting nailed a lot there lately. Dont like that. Seems it pops up there it pops down in Mexico too .. so looking to see if one goes there. bounce

    Well, hope you are all well.
    Trish
    avatar
    Polly, AZ

    Posts : 241
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Location : Sedona, AZ

    Wow Trish

    Post  Polly, AZ on Sat 06 Mar 2010, 11:49 pm

    TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:Just popped in to say hi! Sitting here waiting for AT&T to come and fix my phone. It died on Wednesday:-( Seems they were working on the phone lines this week and lots of neighbors lost their connections ... cept they got theirs back .. I didnt. Am lucky I still have Net connection!

    Also, our mail boxes were vandalized last weekend ... they ripped the main locks out and stole the mail. Im missing a debit card that was due to arrive ..... blooming nightmare! I just went to the Northridge PO to pick up my mail, and it wasnt in with the stack of bills. Its 2 weeks late ...... so have to deal with that.

    Cold n dank here this am .... 54 degs. Saw that 4.5 up offshore Petrolia .. its getting nailed a lot there lately. Dont like that. Seems it pops up there it pops down in Mexico too .. so looking to see if one goes there. bounce

    Well, hope you are all well.
    Trish


    i knew that theft was way up, but I forgot about people ripping off post boxes. Sure hope you put a stop to that debit card. We sovled that problem by getting a PO box at the post office and they have security cameras.
    With so many people out of work and mouths to feed we are going to see a lot more of this. It's cold and dank here today too and the winds are way up. It looks like the 2 storm cells in CA are merging and coming through AZ, with the worst of it coming in on Sunday. Our Spring should be here by now, but it's still winter.
    avatar
    Paula/ swNM

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2010-02-17

    Re: Morning Everyone!

    Post  Paula/ swNM on Sun 07 Mar 2010, 3:36 am

    Polly, AZ wrote:
    TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:Just popped in to say hi! Sitting here waiting for AT&T to come and fix my phone. It died on Wednesday:-( Seems they were working on the phone lines this week and lots of neighbors lost their connections ... cept they got theirs back .. I didnt. Am lucky I still have Net connection!

    Also, our mail boxes were vandalized last weekend ... they ripped the main locks out and stole the mail. Im missing a debit card that was due to arrive ..... blooming nightmare! I just went to the Northridge PO to pick up my mail, and it wasnt in with the stack of bills. Its 2 weeks late ...... so have to deal with that.

    Cold n dank here this am .... 54 degs. Saw that 4.5 up offshore Petrolia .. its getting nailed a lot there lately. Dont like that. Seems it pops up there it pops down in Mexico too .. so looking to see if one goes there. bounce

    Well, hope you are all well.
    Trish


    i knew that theft was way up, but I forgot about people ripping off post boxes. Sure hope you put a stop to that debit card. We sovled that problem by getting a PO box at the post office and they have security cameras.
    With so many people out of work and mouths to feed we are going to see a lot more of this. It's cold and dank here today too and the winds are way up. It looks like the 2 storm cells in CA are merging and coming through AZ, with the worst of it coming in on Sunday. Our Spring should be here by now, but it's still winter.



    Hi Polly and Trish-
    Yes, people stealing mail is getting to be a real real problem. We cashed out a govt. bond last fall and due to an error by our local bank the govt. did not direct deposit the money but just "mailed us a check". Well to make a very long story short the check never arrived (Surprise! Surprise!) and we had to go through weeks of waiting and endless phone calls and piles of paperwork to get this straightened out. What a hassle! We got to know the folks at our bank real well and also the customer service reps at the US Treasury. I could not believe that any govt. agency would just drop a check for quite a bit of money in the mail without even a delivery confirmation or anything. The folks at the bank were shocked by this too and it was a learning experience for all of us. During this time I started asking around to see if stolen mail was getting to be a big issue and I found out it sure was, and getting worse all the time.

    We pay almost everything on line now to avoid having mail stolen, but that is an imperfect solution as well as we have had one of our credit card numbers stolen also. The credit card companies are really alert to this fraud stuff and called us very quickly the see "if those on line gambling charges were really ours". NO they were not...sigh... Got new cards and did not have to pay any extra, but once again another issue to deal with.

    Phones have always been unreliable here. The excuse for so many phone outages is RAIN. Since it is the desert, they use the excuse of connections getting wet as a reason for the poor line quality or outages. Of course the phones go out when it is dry too and then the excuse is "someone has dug up the cables"... The fact is the equipment is just old and they do not want to bother to maintain it. Cell service is OK, but the quality is not all that good either. My new satellite internet is good however, seems to be quite reliable.

    Weather was windy and partly overcast- felt stormy. Tomorrow we are in for some stronger wind and may be some rain as another big storm system moves in from the west. I have some more onion sets to plant, but they will be OK for a few days yet. You all take care now and stay safe.
    Blessings- Paula.
    avatar
    Polly, AZ

    Posts : 241
    Join date : 2010-02-17
    Location : Sedona, AZ

    Good Morning

    Post  Polly, AZ on Sun 07 Mar 2010, 5:15 am

    Paula/ swNM wrote:
    Polly, AZ wrote:
    TrishNrthrdgCA wrote:Just popped in to say hi! Sitting here waiting for AT&T to come and fix my phone. It died on Wednesday:-( Seems they were working on the phone lines this week and lots of neighbors lost their connections ... cept they got theirs back .. I didnt. Am lucky I still have Net connection!

    Also, our mail boxes were vandalized last weekend ... they ripped the main locks out and stole the mail. Im missing a debit card that was due to arrive ..... blooming nightmare! I just went to the Northridge PO to pick up my mail, and it wasnt in with the stack of bills. Its 2 weeks late ...... so have to deal with that.

    Cold n dank here this am .... 54 degs. Saw that 4.5 up offshore Petrolia .. its getting nailed a lot there lately. Dont like that. Seems it pops up there it pops down in Mexico too .. so looking to see if one goes there. bounce

    Well, hope you are all well.
    Trish


    i knew that theft was way up, but I forgot about people ripping off post boxes. Sure hope you put a stop to that debit card. We sovled that problem by getting a PO box at the post office and they have security cameras.
    With so many people out of work and mouths to feed we are going to see a lot more of this. It's cold and dank here today too and the winds are way up. It looks like the 2 storm cells in CA are merging and coming through AZ, with the worst of it coming in on Sunday. Our Spring should be here by now, but it's still winter.



    Hi Polly and Trish-
    Yes, people stealing mail is getting to be a real real problem. We cashed out a govt. bond last fall and due to an error by our local bank the govt. did not direct deposit the money but just "mailed us a check". Well to make a very long story short the check never arrived (Surprise! Surprise!) and we had to go through weeks of waiting and endless phone calls and piles of paperwork to get this straightened out. What a hassle! We got to know the folks at our bank real well and also the customer service reps at the US Treasury. I could not believe that any govt. agency would just drop a check for quite a bit of money in the mail without even a delivery confirmation or anything. The folks at the bank were shocked by this too and it was a learning experience for all of us. During this time I started asking around to see if stolen mail was getting to be a big issue and I found out it sure was, and getting worse all the time.

    We pay almost everything on line now to avoid having mail stolen, but that is an imperfect solution as well as we have had one of our credit card numbers stolen also. The credit card companies are really alert to this fraud stuff and called us very quickly the see "if those on line gambling charges were really ours". NO they were not...sigh... Got new cards and did not have to pay any extra, but once again another issue to deal with.

    Phones have always been unreliable here. The excuse for so many phone outages is RAIN. Since it is the desert, they use the excuse of connections getting wet as a reason for the poor line quality or outages. Of course the phones go out when it is dry too and then the excuse is "someone has dug up the cables"... The fact is the equipment is just old and they do not want to bother to maintain it. Cell service is OK, but the quality is not all that good either. My new satellite internet is good however, seems to be quite reliable.

    Weather was windy and partly overcast- felt stormy. Tomorrow we are in for some stronger wind and may be some rain as another big storm system moves in from the west. I have some more onion sets to plant, but they will be OK for a few days yet. You all take care now and stay safe.
    Blessings- Paula.


    Paula, that storm coming into your area is starting to come through AZ right now (Saturday night). We heard that there are 2 storms coming out of CA and are going to merge - push through NM & TX and then through the Southern states. It's cold and raining here now. Sorry to hear about the theft of your check Paula. it seems to have worked out, but a lot of foot work and phone calls to do it. So many people around here had their mail boxes robbed that we just got a PO box. Do you have Qwest phone in your area too? They are so bad here and you are right about old equipment. They haven't put in any new equipment in 15 years - they just patch it and even the repair guy complained about it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Morning Everyone!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:57 am