Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

DearWife

.......... Empty ..........

Post  DearWife Sun 14 Mar 2010, 1:31 am

Last edited by DearWife on Sat 06 Jul 2019, 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    johnl
    johnl

.......... Empty fowls of the air

Post  johnl Sun 14 Mar 2010, 5:47 am

from the post by DW:
    “But while they made ready. He fell into a trance, and saw heaven opened and a certain vessel come down unto him, as it had been a great sheet, knit at the four corners, and was let down to the earth, where in were all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and vermin and worms, and fouls of the air. And there came a voice to him: rise Peter kill and eat. But Peter said: God forbid Lord, for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time: what God hath cleansed, that make thou not common. This was done *thrice, and the vessel was received up again into heaven."
    -----------------

“fouls of the air” – fowls – or birds of the air

It could also be like Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “The Birds.”

There were defiintely food restrictions in the regulations that were given to Moses while the children of Israel were walking through the wilderness, escaping from Egypt and headed toward the promised land.

In Leviticus, the children of Israel were commanded re fowls of the air:

“Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine…”
    ----------------

The main purpose of this regulation was to show the children of Israel not to mix (inter-marry) with those who didn’t worship the God who saved them from Egypt. So the vision about “the fowls of the air” shown to the apostle Peter was very important, because it opened up God’s salvation, not only to Israel, but to the Gentiles.

Peter, faithful to all of the regulations given to the children of Israel, said: “God forbid Lord, for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.”

Then the voice in the vision said, “what God hath cleansed, that make thou not common.”

It was an invitation to the Gentiles to share with Israel in the eternal promises to man, that was made possible by the death and resurrection of Christ. But as with Israel, it was conditional – to trust and obey. Otherwise, as the apostle Peter later wrote about those who accepted the salvation and then went back into degenerate ways (2 Peter):

“For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
    “But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.”
    ----------------

So the offer of salvation in Christ isn’t carte blanche. Similarly, that might’ve been what was wrong with the mass integration/ mass immigration ideas that started in the early 1960’s. As it was in the OT, in which Israel was brought down by learning the immoralities and false demon-worship of their immigrant neighbors, the same thing seems to be happening to the younger generation whose fore-parents were devout christians.

As I emailed to mystic, the natives converted the missionaries before the missionaries converted them.

John

ps I just saw geenee’s post about a dream of a massive tsunami hitting the west coast. There’s been a lot of dreams and predictions lately about the west coast getting hit by eq-tsunami’s. Hope my trailer in Portland can float.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:16 am