Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+2
beejean
LaLuna
6 posters

Past Lives

LaLuna
    LaLuna

Past Lives Empty Past Lives

Post  LaLuna Sun 14 Mar 2010, 6:10 pm

I've been interested in exploring the concept of past lives for some time, and would like to know what you all think.

When I was very young, I had a "memory" that I really thought was my own. I remembered (and still remember) standing in a big field, holding my Dad's hand, and watching a VERY early airplane flight, i.e., one of the first airplanes ever built. I can still see it in my mind, and I remember my Dad commenting that someday people would fly all over the country in airplanes. It wasn't until much later, when I was older, that I realized this couldn't have come from my own childhood, as I was born in 1950 and by then people WERE flying all over the place! A memory from a past life? I really don't know, all I know is that it was very real to me.

There are some places in the world that I have never been to, but when I look at pictures of them they seem very familiar to me. Some of the ancient dwellings in this country's southwest, such as Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde, are like that. Also places in the northeast of the U.S., and the British Isles. Past lives, or maybe some sort of ancestral imprint on my DNA? I don't know... (In my mind, more likely past lives, as my ancestry is purely German. I suppose they could have visited England and Ireland, but not likely North America!)

Carole study Question
    beejean
    beejean

Past Lives Empty Re: Past Lives

Post  beejean Wed 17 Mar 2010, 2:23 am

LaLuna wrote:I've been interested in exploring the concept of past lives for some time, and would like to know what you all think. ...

Past lives, or maybe some sort of ancestral imprint on my DNA? I don't know... (In my mind, more likely past lives Question

Dear LaLuna,
    Thank you for mentioning this, although perhaps not a tremendously popular topic anymore, it's very relevant to events that pop up through you lifetime that seem so familiar it almost beggars the imagination.

I think you have reached the correct conclusion after assessing your experience of your past life guesses.

I suppose I should relate an astonishing story:
    I once took a trip to Jerusalem with a tour group that had hired a guide who was an archaeologist teaching associate at a local Israeli university who was moonlighting during one of his breaks. The leader of the tour group was American, and our purpose was to visit Christian sites and also to pray at sites where there was a lot of conflict, such as the Lebanon/Israel border. Lebanese Christians were running the transportation busline and taxis.

One morning, at breakfast on the day after visiting the ruins of one of Herod's palaces, and walking and discussing ancient pottery shards outside the ampi-theater there on the bank of the Mediterranean ocean in olive groves, my room-mate, I, and the tour guide were sitting together breakfasting when he shocked me greatly by mentioning that on his current dig project for the university he felt very connected to the project. The site appears to have been a brothel for Roman prostitutes for the soldiers who were occupying the surrounding countryside, according to him. A grisly part of it was the find of aborted fetus skeletons which were male. The practice was to preserve the female babies of the female prostitutes in those days (something which sounds like it might have happened in a business that concerned itself with commerce in slaves). At any rate, and I did not let on at the table or thereafter, I was shocked to the core because of a repetitive dream for 2 years prior to my trip of having been a prostitute in such a brothel in the same type of arid setting, with the Roman trappings etc.

Instead of barging into the topic in that manner, since the archaeologist was evidently moved by the whole history and felt some connection with it also, I just let the history of it flow over me. We who were at the breakfast acknowledged that the work was interesting in that it was so honest and brutal a record that had turned up for the archaeologists to discover. (with a silent nod to incline us to see it was a brutal life as well with probably a lot of emotional loose ends that held scars) -- So the dreams of those years had actually foreshadowed the moment and then the reality of the healing that had taken place in the reunion of the players in that tableau without the pressure of the pain. And we still enjoyed each others' company and stuck together during the two weeks there.

So, if you've had the patience to read all that. Let me concur that while both the genes and past lives come into play during deja vu... they each have their role, and the past lives can have a VERY significant effect on what and whom you feel comfortable with (or otherwise) during your current situation.
    Betty in Texas
    Betty in Texas

Post  Betty in Texas Wed 17 Mar 2010, 3:05 am

As a child, I had a special hiding place in my dreams. It was high up in a turret of an ancient castle like you would find in England. It was very familiar to me and I went there all the time. There were secret passages and only I knew how to find the way to this room.

Once when I was in Little Rock Arkansas, we were touring an historic home. Before we entered the home, there was a tall wood fence so that I could not see beyond into the back yard. As I touched the first step of the staircase, I instantly knew I had been there before. I knew what was in the courtyard behind the house, a circular fountain that you could see from the window on the staircase landing. I also knew the layout of the rooms upstairs and the furniture in them. It was totally uncany. And everything was exactly like what I saw in my inner vision before I climbed the stairs.

In dreams, I have had a recurring experience of falling through a rotten wooden second story floor...I fell to my death.

Once, I and my little brother were running from soldiers (like German Nazis) we ran downstairs into a basement and hid under the staircase. They found us and they shot me. I felt the bullet go into my heart.

I have often wondered about these things.
    Betty
    Conch23
    Conch23

Past Lives Empty I have been regressed and have done it for several others

Post  Conch23 Wed 17 Mar 2010, 3:53 am

Thanks for sharing your experiences!! So amazing. I find the subject fascinating. Have read all of Dr. Brian Weiss's books. To make a long story short had some sudden health problems in 2002 and wanted to know why at 42 I had this major problem with my spine and and never ever felt any pain before. It was a two fold thing other was a lot of negative energy from a lady I worked with she was intentionally sending some bad mojo my way. Saw a healer to get that resolved. But I had my husband regress me and it was amazing. When regressed I saw myself as a child living in Belize near the mayan pyramids I came from a line of pottery makers. Anyhow, my family was attacked & killed. I ran & was chased and beaten severely took most of the blows on my back saw myself die.
    I remember saying I'm gone and my body stayed on the shore & I floated upward my soul my spirit went out of the physical body.
    Explains why I am so drawn to that area. Prior to my death it was an ideal life.
    I was still skepctical and asked God for a sign. The very next day and old neighbors son stopped by..out of the blue they had been gone for 12 yrs. His Mom was from Belize. So anyway he says well I have just about finished building my house in Belize. ( he was hit by a car 10 years earlier Drs did not expect him to walk or talk he did both and he received a large settlement to build his house in Belize). So that was confirmation enough for me.
    I have regressed several people. They all seem to find a healing aspect to it. I am thinking of having my husband regress me again as I have this fear of heights. Did have it under control but I want to work on it & find out more. This may not be for everyone to do on their own.
    I am familiar with this kind of thing working as a medium and clairvoyant used to teach yoga and meditation. Would love to become a certified hynotherapist at some point. I use the meditation in Sylvia Brownes' book Past lives future healing. So if anyone is interested check it out read it and see if you feel comfortable doing it. You can do it in groups as well. Get together with friends and someone can read the meditation while the others listen and experience. Just a thought. Life is an adventure ~ Light & Blessings Sara cheers
    LaLuna
    LaLuna

Past Lives Empty Re: Past Lives... More...

Post  LaLuna Wed 17 Mar 2010, 5:18 am

So many things that are hard to explain. My closest friend is someone I met at an online forum. That's about the LAST way I would ever have expected to meet a friend, as I'm generally pretty cautious about online contacts. But something told me I could trust this person, I felt as though I'd known him forever. That was several years ago, and now I've met him and his family and know for sure that they're good people. And it still feels like I've known him "forever"...

Some time ago I had a very vivid dream about being in a really beautiful building somewhere, in a park-like setting, with my friend. It reminded me in a way of a very old-fashioned art gallery... Wide hallways, lots of dark woodwork and marble pillars. We were talking to a third person.

The dream was so vivid that I wrote it down when I woke up. I was getting Sylvia Browne's newsletter at the time, so I emailed it to her for possible use in her "dreams" column. She actually printed a small portion of it, and commented that we were in the "Hall of Healing" on the Other Side. Unfortunately, she didn't choose to answer my real question, which was whether I had known my friend in a past life!

This subject is so interesting to me. I don't think I have that book, but I'll check it out. Would like to find a competent person who does past life regressions sometime. I'm a little afraid to let myself be hypnotized by just anybody, though.

Carole flower
    Jean/OR

Post  Jean/OR Fri 19 Mar 2010, 5:54 am

Hi La Luna,
    If you get Brian Weiss' cd you can do your own regression without anyone else. It is not difficult. Very good info and healing can and will likely result. Just google Brian Weiss.
    blessings, Jean
    Conch23
    Conch23

Past Lives Empty La Luna I agree with Jean try it ~ try self hypnosis without doing the regression first then

Post  Conch23 Fri 19 Mar 2010, 2:43 pm

Jean/OR wrote:Hi La Luna,
    If you get Brian Weiss' cd you can do your own regression without anyone else. It is not difficult. Very good info and healing can and will likely result. Just google Brian Weiss.
    blessings, Jean
    if you feel comfortable try the regression.
    I ordered the Brian weiss book off line was supposed to have the regression cd in it but did not. That's how I ended up using sylvia brownes regression meditation which is actually very good. Personally I have read 99% of her books. She was good years back but I think she needs to retire from psychic work and focus on her church.
    I met a lady online in 1998 started and we have become such good friends she lives in Holland and we have never met in person not yet.. we did have a 4 yr period where we lost touch but we brought so much information to each others lives it was like a destined meeting. We lost touch for that period and then found each other again~in the meantime we had both learned more about healing and spirituality and our psychic selves and were able to connect and share again. Very cool. Robert Camp has some books out that show you how to check for karmic connections also a good astrologer can help. LaLuna if you give me birth dates I can check real quick. I dont' need the year. There was a really intereting woman on C2C last night going to get a few of her books Marie Jones I think that is her name.
    Ok off to start the day. Blessings Sara
    LaLuna
    LaLuna

Past Lives Empty Thank you to all who have recommended books and CDs!

Post  LaLuna Fri 19 Mar 2010, 6:04 pm

Conch23 wrote:
    blessings, Jean
    I ordered the Brian weiss book off line was supposed to have the regression cd in it but did not. That's how I ended up using sylvia brownes regression meditation which is actually very good. Personally I have read 99% of her books. She was good years back but I think she needs to retire from psychic work and focus on her church.
    I met a lady online in 1998 started and we have become such good friends she lives in Holland and we have never met in person not yet.. we did have a 4 yr period where we lost touch but we brought so much information to each others lives it was like a destined meeting. We lost touch for that period and then found each other again~in the meantime we had both learned more about healing and spirituality and our psychic selves and were able to connect and share again. Very cool. Robert Camp has some books out that show you how to check for karmic connections also a good astrologer can help. LaLuna if you give me birth dates I can check real quick. I dont' need the year. There was a really intereting woman on C2C last night going to get a few of her books Marie Jones I think that is her name.

I have a pretty big collection of Sylvia Browne's books. Not sure about "Past Lives, Future Healing"... I'll have to check my bookcase. (Isn't that pathetic? Don't even know what I have back there! I love books... I'll order something, and then put it away to read later, and then forget I have it. More than once I've ended up with duplicates! No doubt it's CRS caused by advancing age...) geek

Anyway, I made a note of the books/authors mentioned, and will check into getting them.

Sara, not sure what you meant about checking for karmic connections. My birthday is October 16... But in terms of astrology, I thought a lot more detailed information was needed. Anyway, just send a private message if you need more. Thanks!

Carole flower
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 20 Mar 2010, 12:03 am

I don't so much believe in past lives but I do wonder if some memories aren't passed down in DNA. The most rural county in Alabama is Coosa County. They only have one yellow caution signal in the whole county...lol

I had never been up there until a few years back when there was a house on the market there that really interested me so I rode up to look at it (couple of hours from me). I immediately fell in love with that county and would like to retire there one day. It lies in the state where the Lower Appalachians end and its very beautiful (very hilly with lots of waterfalls). I just had the funny feeling that I had "come home" when I first visited there.

About a year later I discovered that most of my family on both sides had at one point lived in Coosa County when they first settled in Alabama.

So, don't know what that means but it was something definite that I experienced.
    Conch23
    Conch23

Past Lives Empty I will PM you tomorrow skull feels bashed miserable

Post  Conch23 Sat 20 Mar 2010, 4:09 am

LaLuna wrote:
    Conch23 wrote:
    blessings, Jean

I have a pretty big collection of Sylvia Browne's books. Not sure about "Past Lives, Future Healing"... I'll have to check my bookcase. (Isn't that pathetic? Don't even know what I have back there! I love books... I'll order something, and then put it away to read later, and then forget I have it. More than once I've ended up with duplicates! No doubt it's CRS caused by advancing age...) geek

Anyway, I made a note of the books/authors mentioned, and will check into getting them.

Sara, not sure what you meant about checking for karmic connections. My birthday is October 16... But in terms of astrology, I thought a lot more detailed information was needed. Anyway, just send a private message if you need more. Thanks!

Carole flower
    Jean/OR

Post  Jean/OR Sun 21 Mar 2010, 6:18 pm

@Grits: What if the memories did not come from DNA but from the soul?
    When I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in India, living in a Hindu culture, it was fairly common to have local stories about children who could speak languages not known to their parents, for example. Sometimes children would talk about when they were married to someone and give the name, in such and such a village (which really exists). When checked out both proved to be true. Such talk was never discouraged there as it would be here.
    So, if it is possible, by whichever mechanism....DNA memory or soul memory...could it be that the memory was really yours? Not trying to convince you of anything, except open the possibilities so you can explore.
    My past life regressions have been very life altering experiences, I'm grateful for what I learned and believe I'm better for them. Healing of wounds, winding up of karmic contracts and affirming life decisions all have resulted. Good way to get rid of fears.
    blessings, Jean

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:20 am