Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+13
Sheila, Or.
Petra
Mary/Portland, OR
LindaMarie
John Kettler
Polly, AZ
socalshakin
RIG
Nightmoves
Puget Sounder
mcyoung/tx
NiteOwlSoCal
geenee
17 posters

So what's the deal with Earthboppin?

geenee
    geenee

So what's the deal with Earthboppin? Empty So what's the deal with Earthboppin?

Post  geenee Wed 17 Feb 2010, 8:22 am

Is this a hack or what? Has this happened before on Earthboppin? What does everyone think? Shocked
    NiteOwlSoCal
    NiteOwlSoCal

So what's the deal with Earthboppin? Empty Re: So what's the deal with Earthboppin?

Post  NiteOwlSoCal Wed 17 Feb 2010, 8:35 am

geenee wrote:Is this a hack or what? Has this happened before on Earthboppin? What does everyone think? :shock:

It appears it was NOT a hack. This message over on Syzygyjob seems to indicate that he's communicated with someone regarding why he needed to shut the forum down and take time off. I don't know anything more than what was posted over on syzygy. :/

http://www.syzygyjob.com//index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=35&board=1;topic=257141.11#msg421609
    mcyoung/tx
    mcyoung/tx

So what's the deal with Earthboppin? Empty Re: So what's the deal with Earthboppin?

Post  mcyoung/tx Wed 17 Feb 2010, 12:51 pm

Don't think it's a hack but do think something rather sudden occurred...I'd just heard from him two hours prior to the site going down and he didn't mention it nor did he seem different than his usual good-hearted self. So I'm concerned and he's got my prayers.
    Puget Sounder
    Puget Sounder

Post  Puget Sounder Wed 17 Feb 2010, 2:25 pm

I wonder if he is Unemployed now?
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Wed 17 Feb 2010, 4:11 pm

I listened to his radio show last night and he seemed the same. I do not know what it could be. I only hope whatever it is, that is passes quickly for him. Sad
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Wed 17 Feb 2010, 5:22 pm

First, hello to all... Very Happy

As for Earthboppin', I don't know... however it did seem kind of sudden, even though Bopp had made it known he was getting tired of the personal attacks on National. (I'll do my best to behave here! scratch )

I do recall a recent post from EB that was a link to Sorcha Fal's site about Eb being "depopulated" by March... just to be all conspiratorial about it, it seems to have been proven correct... pirat

On a more serious note, I do hope he's ok and not having any dire trouble...
    dd van/i

So what's the deal with Earthboppin? Empty good luck

Post  dd van/i Wed 17 Feb 2010, 5:37 pm

Hi all, I cannot believe how big part of my life boppin was (and is). Yesterday it was like a losing a members of my family.
    Mr.Bopp good luck !!! And thank you for the 6 years of being a little part of this funny, serious, occasionally dysfunctional ,caring family.
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Wed 17 Feb 2010, 6:06 pm

Does anyone have contact with Dove sc/nc?... I'd like to see her join with us here... and Stardanya too... just some random thoughts...

Any others that come to mind?...
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Wed 17 Feb 2010, 6:24 pm

RIG wrote:Does anyone have contact with Dove sc/nc?... I'd like to see her join with us here... and Stardanya too... just some random thoughts...

I know Dove has a MySpace thingy, Wink as she would call it. Anyway, I do not have a myspace or I would check it out. I hope someone has their emails and will let them know. Skywise has the connection to his new site on Bopp's letter site.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Wed 17 Feb 2010, 6:29 pm

RIG wrote:Does anyone have contact with Dove sc/nc?... I'd like to see her join with us here... and Stardanya too... just some random thoughts...

Oh I know, does anyone know Redhart's email? Hope she finds it.
    geenee
    geenee

Post  geenee Wed 17 Feb 2010, 8:46 pm

Well I think they all monitor Jim's Board so I think they will all eventually find us. I still think something's not quite right. If he was fine talking to Mc 2 hours before he would have said something? I don't know. What Rig said is interesting. I myself feel like something just isn't right with the whole thing. So are we using two forum's now? Brian has one also? That's gonna be wierd.
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:36 pm

Nightmoves wrote:

I sent Dove a message on myspace with the link to here, so hopefully she'll join us Smile
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post  Nightmoves Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:00 pm

socalshakin wrote:
    Nightmoves wrote:

I sent Dove a message on myspace with the link to here, so hopefully she'll join us Smile

Oh I am glad Dove will know.

I received an email from Petra. She is going to post your site on Quake Central. I am sure many will check there and become aware of your site. So Don in Hollister will also know as well.
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:01 pm

Nightmoves wrote:
    socalshakin wrote:
    Nightmoves wrote:

Oh I am glad Dove will know.

I received an email from Petra. She is going to post your site on Quake Central. I am sure many will check there and become aware of your site. So Don in Hollister will also know as well.

That's fantastice! I really enjoy Petra and Don's posts. Both are so knowledgeable and full of fire Smile
    Polly, AZ
    Polly, AZ

So what's the deal with Earthboppin? Empty So what's the deal with Earthboppin?

Post  Polly, AZ Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:33 pm

RIG wrote:First, hello to all... Very Happy

As for Earthboppin', I don't know... however it did seem kind of sudden, even though Bopp had made it known he was getting tired of the personal attacks on National. (I'll do my best to behave here! scratch )

I do recall a recent post from EB that was a link to Sorcha Fal's site about Eb being "depopulated" by March... just to be all conspiratorial about it, it seems to have been proven correct... pirat

Well, I answered this once but I guess i sent it into cyber space.
    I hope that Ryan isn't having problems also and keeping him in my prayers and I hope he knows that he has a lot of friends here if he needs us. I have had a bad feeling for a long time that something like this was coming because of the amount of "new posters & trolls". I was on Berkland's site for many years and the same thing happened there until he had to close the site to all who wouldn't register. Lots of sites being shut down with too much anti-establishment stuff. Lets all be good here, okay?
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:50 pm

I'll make it clear that I won't tolerate trolling Smile I'm all for people speaking their minds, but within reason of course. I didn't set a block for profanity, and guests can post, but if it gets abused, I'm going to make it members only to post. I hope that things go well with this board Smile
    John Kettler

Post  John Kettler Wed 17 Feb 2010, 11:17 pm

socalshakin (and other refugee EBonites),

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this! For losing EG/EB right when the Earth hammer came down hard was a terrible, terrible blow on a bunch of levels. Am delighted to be returned to the fold, even if I don't know my way around it yet! The best info I've been able to come up with, to include certain higher ones, is that this is Mr. Bopp's own stuff, not some attack upon him. I've seen things like this happen before.

Running a site like his is a major commitment, and if life circumstances change suddenly, next thing you know, a site shuts down. Seen it repeatedly occur on the wargaming side of my board use. In one case, a guy's wife became critically ill. In another, a tournament host withdrew to become an international soccer ref! Computer meltdown has knocked out a bunch, too.

The good news? Maybe paragraphing will actually work here for me!

John
    socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Wed 17 Feb 2010, 11:24 pm

John Kettler wrote:socalshakin (and other refugee EBonites),

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this! For losing EG/EB right when the Earth hammer came down hard was a terrible, terrible blow on a bunch of levels. Am delighted to be returned to the fold, even if I don't know my way around it yet! The best info I've been able to come up with, to include certain higher ones, is that this is Mr. Bopp's own stuff, not some attack upon him. I've seen things like this happen before.

Running a site like his is a major commitment, and if life circumstances change suddenly, next thing you know, a site shuts down. Seen it repeatedly occur on the wargaming side of my board use. In one case, a guy's wife became critically ill. In another, a tournament host withdrew to become an international soccer ref! Computer meltdown has knocked out a bunch, too.

The good news? Maybe paragraphing will actually work here for me!

John

John,

You are most welcome. Glad to have you hear joining us. I'm still figuring this thing out as well, but there seems to be lots of cool functions available, once I figure out how to use them, haha. I wish the threads read like EB's though, and I'm still checking out the functions on here to see if that's possible.

-Socal
    LindaMarie
    LindaMarie

Post  LindaMarie Thu 18 Feb 2010, 12:56 am

Hey Rig, do you recall the link to the article or the title of the article on Sorcha's site? Just curious what it said.
    RIG
    RIG

Post  RIG Thu 18 Feb 2010, 1:11 am

LindaMarie wrote:

Hey Rig, do you recall the link to the article or the title of the article on Sorcha's site? Just curious what it said.

Unfortunately no, I've been trying to remember all day who posted it on EB and can't... all I remember is that it was from the SF site and was directly regarding the EB boards being "depopulated by March"...

Sorry I don't have more... Neutral

I should add that I've never put alot of stock in the SF site but thought some of the info there was interesting or at the very least entertaining...
    Mary/Portland, OR
    Mary/Portland, OR

So what's the deal with Earthboppin? Empty Earthboppin boards & searchable archives back up but still closed to new posts

Post  Mary/Portland, OR Thu 18 Feb 2010, 3:58 am

Mr. Bopp updated the message on the front page of Earthboppin as follows:

"The boards and searchable archives are up, but closed to new posting."

I was so excited at first when I clicked over there and saw the boards back up, but it's just a frozen "snapshot in time" of what was there before he had to pause everything...

Anyway, it's great that he was able to put the searchable archives back up. Wanted to let you know in case you hadn't seen it yourself.
    mcyoung/tx
    mcyoung/tx

So what's the deal with Earthboppin? Empty RIG & All

Post  mcyoung/tx Thu 18 Feb 2010, 5:53 am

I sent link to here to a bunch of folks and also to this other site where some are gathering:

http://www.skywise711.com/forums/index.php

I registered at both and am also on syzygyjob.

prayers for bopp continue for the duration.

glad to see everyone here and again thanks for setting this up.

peace
    mc

PS: I listened to him last night on radio too but the media panel said it was a re-roll from June 2009.

Last edited by mcyoung/tx on Thu 18 Feb 2010, 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a postscript)
    mcyoung/tx
    mcyoung/tx

Post  mcyoung/tx Thu 18 Feb 2010, 5:57 am

Mary/Portland, OR wrote:Mr. Bopp updated the message on the front page of Earthboppin as follows:

"The boards and searchable archives are up, but closed to new posting."

I was so excited at first when I clicked over there and saw the boards back up, but it's just a frozen "snapshot in time" of what was there before he had to pause everything...

Anyway, it's great that he was able to put the searchable archives back up. Wanted to let you know in case you hadn't seen it yourself.

Oh THANK YOU, Mary!
    Petra
    Petra

Post  Petra Thu 18 Feb 2010, 8:39 am

Hi Everyone,

I see I filled out the registration form incorrectly and my user name is my e-mail address. Oh well. Maybe someone can help me fix that?

I'm very sorry about whatever has caused The Big Bopper to have to leave. I'm sure it wasn't something he wanted to do and surely something he did not wish to discuss. And given the nature of his message and the rush to close the site I feel something is not right. And I will keep him in my prayers.

Thanks for opening this site and know I'll support you by linkage to make sure not only the old timers find you, but hopefully some new folks from around the world who might wish to join in and let us know about earthquakes outside of the US.

Good Luck & Wishing you much success!

Petra
    mcyoung/tx
    mcyoung/tx

So what's the deal with Earthboppin? Empty Petra...regarding the problem you're having

Post  mcyoung/tx Thu 18 Feb 2010, 9:51 am

petrasrcf@hotmail.com wrote:Hi Everyone,

I see I filled out the registration form incorrectly and my user name is my e-mail address. Oh well. Maybe someone can help me fix that?

I'm very sorry about whatever has caused The Big Bopper to have to leave. I'm sure it wasn't something he wanted to do and surely something he did not wish to discuss. And given the nature of his message and the rush to close the site I feel something is not right. And I will keep him in my prayers.

Thanks for opening this site and know I'll support you by linkage to make sure not only the old timers find you, but hopefully some new folks from around the world who might wish to join in and let us know about earthquakes outside of the US.

Good Luck & Wishing you much success!

Petra

Go to FAQ(I put link below) and look under how to change/edit your settings...you should be able to change your user name there...if not then suggest you ask administrator or check through the other FAQ's...good luck!...mc

https://boppinalong.forumotion.com/faq.htm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:26 pm