Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

Herb Gardens

Paula/ swNM

Herb Gardens

Post  Paula/ swNM on Sat 03 Apr 2010, 4:14 pm

Hello everyone-
    I found the gardening thread really interesting. The weather is finally warming up a bit so I can get a few more things planted. I was wondering how many of you have an herb garden? If you have a medicinal herb garden as well as a culinary garden, do you know how to turn those herbs into medicines? I think real working knowledge about medicinal herbs is one of those things that is going to be extremely valuable in the near future. I have been interested in this subject for many years and worry that people have become too dependent on purchasing herbs from distant sources rather than focusing on what they can grow or gather. Learning about local herbs and where to find them I feel is extremely valuable survival information. Any other herb folks here?javascript:emoticonp('flower')
    Blessings- Paula.

kemokae

Herb Gardens...

Post  kemokae on Sun 04 Apr 2010, 6:02 pm

Yes, I have little bunches of them all around my house, here and there..where ever I need to put bark dust, I put in herbs instead these days..but I find that I have to do it every year, because if they are used much, they don't make it through winter..only the chives seem to be long term plantings. Here's an list of what I grow...pineapple mint..for use in water and ice and tea in the summer, stevia, sugar substitiute, rosemary, which I'm having problems growing, but for use on top of breads and meat, lemon balm, an drink enhancer, Oregano, thyme, basil,
    lavendar, these aren't herbs, but strawberries so I don't have to buy bark dust also..nasturiums, and they can be used in salads. Swiss chard, spinach, and spring greens...I can grow these things in pots as well as in the ground in little patches,..and dandilions(pots only) also. I think if I had better top soil everything would grow better right now then what it does. I'm considering working with the soil this year and skipping the garden I ususally put in...to enhance it. The chives I can use in all kinds of ways also. I've grown other herbs, but these seem to do the best. Probably for your dollar...you get the most use out of growing herbs. Last year I had tomaoto plants five feet tall and four feet around, I counted 72 Roma tomatoes..and not an one of them matured before the frost hit them...they grew for what seemed like months also..but something just wasn't "right" to see them mature(to much chemtrailing..???) ...as you can see now, we have an bad tomato crop in the stores also...making prices rediculously high.
    Moggy

Re: Herb Gardens

Post  Moggy on Wed 07 Apr 2010, 2:03 am

Hi Paula..my medicinal herb garden was all but wiped out a few years ago during a two-year drought; I had over 30 herbs. Fortunately, I had tinctured those herbs that I thought I might need down the road. As of today, I see Lemon balm, Catnip, Valerian, Dandelion, Peppermint, Spearmint, Oregano, Rosemary, and Plantain showing themselves. Passionflower, Butterfly Weed, Mugwort, Mullein, and Skullcap are not due to poke through for a few weeks yet.

Moggy

Sponsored content

Re: Herb Gardens

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 26 Sep 2017, 2:31 pm