Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

bee stings help ms patient...LINK

melinda
    melinda

bee stings help ms patient...LINK Empty bee stings help ms patient...LINK

Post  melinda Tue 06 Apr 2010, 2:27 am

Conch23
    Conch23

bee stings help ms patient...LINK Empty Read where a woman was stung by a swarm of Bees and it cured her chronic Arthritis check this out~figures they stopped using something that worked.

Post  Conch23 Tue 06 Apr 2010, 3:24 am

Bee Sting Against Arthritis Pain
    July 30, 2007 in Home Remedy Q&A

Q. I'm a nurse in a rural hospital. Some of the mountain folk I care for tell me that a bee sting every two years or so will significantly decrease arthritis inflammation and pain. They attribute this remedy to the Chinese who came to this area a hundred years ago to work on the railroads and in the logging industry.

A. “Apitherapy,” or bee venom therapy, for arthritis goes way back in time. There are reports that it was used in ancient Egypt and China. Hippocrates (460-377 BC) is purported to have written about bee stings for painful joints.

Doctors in this country used bee venom therapy to treat arthritis during the first part of the 20th century. Hospital pharmacies even stocked venom for injections. After World War II, this approach fell out of favor because it was considered unscientific.

Proponents claim that honeybee stings can alleviate the pain of tendonitis, arthritis, multiple sclerosis and postherpetic neuralgia. This nerve pain lingers after a shingles attack and can be excruciating. The American Apitherapy Society can provide more information (www.apitherapy.org).

[flash](www.apitherapy.org).[/flash]
    LindaMarie
    LindaMarie

bee stings help ms patient...LINK Empty Re: bee stings help ms patient...LINK

Post  LindaMarie Tue 06 Apr 2010, 1:57 pm

I've heard about this before and people who seek out treatment this way. It really is supposed to help.

I was always taught that when you get stung to put mud on it. So whenever I stepped on a bee, I'd immediately find a mud puddle and put my foot in it. Sure enough...it takes the sting away!
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Fri 09 Apr 2010, 9:52 pm

Well that would be nice, but there are those like myself, who after experiencing over 37 bee stings by stepping on an underground yellowjacket nest while camping, are allergic. I have an epi-pen that I have to have with me if I am working outside in my garden at all times. Also, if I don't have one with me I do carry a medical tag that states that if I am having signs of anaphylaxis due to being stung to call 911 immediately. My physician told me after allergy testing that I have less than 15 minutes to get an injection of epinephrine into my system. Thankfully most of the fire department paramedics carry epi on their vehicles. I have thankfully never had to test this out. But I do take pretty good precautions to not get stung.

Maybe that is why I have osteoarthritis in my lower back, with my L2-5 basically bone to bone.
    Conch23
    Conch23

bee stings help ms patient...LINK Empty That has got to be really scary~ I would be too paranoid Hubbys brother has that same allergy

Post  Conch23 Sat 10 Apr 2010, 1:07 am

Calibabe wrote:Well that would be nice, but there are those like myself, who after experiencing over 37 bee stings by stepping on an underground yellowjacket nest while camping, are allergic. I have an epi-pen that I have to have with me if I am working outside in my garden at all times. Also, if I don't have one with me I do carry a medical tag that states that if I am having signs of anaphylaxis due to being stung to call 911 immediately. My physician told me after allergy testing that I have less than 15 minutes to get an injection of epinephrine into my system. Thankfully most of the fire department paramedics carry epi on their vehicles. I have thankfully never had to test this out. But I do take pretty good precautions to not get stung.

Maybe that is why I have osteoarthritis in my lower back, with my L2-5 basically bone to bone.

Have you tried MSM complex? That helps me a bit if I take it on a regular basis. I found out ten years ago I have scoliosis and a bone spur on one of my thoracic vtrb.. Am dealing with it better at times it is a real pain. How do you manage? That is a large area down there. Hubby has a few of those in the sacral and cervical area. We use intrasound powder and gel.. I am getting more next week!! Good to take a bath in the powder..
    It has been a life saver for us..blessings to you flower

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:40 pm