Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

4 posters

Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe

Vim/PA
    Vim/PA

Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe Empty Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe

Post  Vim/PA Sat 17 Apr 2010, 3:43 pm

This link has informative videos about the Iceland volcano, and its effects on travel, etc.
    Long term effects could be disasterous as food shortages develop due to shipping disruption.
    My question is... what is the forcast here in US. Will this ash affect travel here? or will it disperse before it gets here?

Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe
    OregonGuy
    OregonGuy

Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe Empty Anything odd about this volcano?

Post  OregonGuy Sat 17 Apr 2010, 11:40 pm

Just wondering if there are any threads about man made triggering of the volcano. Also surprised to see jet contrails (chemtrails) on satellite images in the vicinity of the crater and path of ash plume. I thought it was a 'no-fly' area?
    Vim/PA
    Vim/PA

Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe Empty Re: Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe

Post  Vim/PA Sun 18 Apr 2010, 7:09 am

I too was wondering if the chemtrailing would stop.
    Do we know for sure that it has???
    In a way, it seemed like a backward blessing, that flying would stop.
    I thought for sure the chemtrailers had met their match.
    Don in Hollister

Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe Empty Re: Iceland's Ash Clouds To Head Deep Into Europe

Post  Don in Hollister Sun 18 Apr 2010, 1:27 pm

Hi All. You can fly near an erupting volcano as long as you stay upwind from it. When Mt. Saint Helens erupted I took some people up there so they could take some pictures. I stayed up wind and my spotter kept an eye on how the cloud was spreading and I was watching the instruments for any change in the performance of the engines.

One person asked me if I would fly into the cloud so he could take some pictures of the ash while we were flying in it. I told him to to to hell, politely of course. I explained to him what the ash would do to the engines and how I didn't want to become a part of the eruption. As I was turning to make one more pass I saw a DC-8 going through the cloud of ash. I just shook my head. I learned later they had to change all four engines. That pass through the ash cost them about 10 million dollars. I heard that when they torn down the engines they estimated they had about two minutes left on the engines. That DC-8 now belongs to NASA and they don't fly through erupting volcanoes. At least they haven't so far. Scientist don't get paid to go out and get themselves killed, but there are many who will put their lives on the line to get the information they need. What makes them do it? It's really quite simply. They want to learn and some are killed in the process of learning.

You can't use filters because they will become clogged up and this in turn will starve the engine for oxygen and then the engines will quit. You don't fly through the ash clouds. Not even on the fringes. If you want to live to fly another day you stay upwind and hope your spotter can detect any wind change fast enough so you can get the hell out of there.

If the second volcano erupts there could be enough ash ejected between the two volcanoes that it will affect flying here in the US. The other possibility is that the wind direction changes and the ash cloud now passes over the US. If that happens it could shut down all air flights around the world. It's getting a pretty good start at doing that in western Europe. This is just a moderate eruption. Wait until a big one occurs. It could bring traffic to a halt around the world. There is a volcano in Iceland that has a good chance of doing that. The name is Laki and it caused a mini ice age in 1783. It had help of course but you might say it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Don't be surprised if they fly one of those drone aircraft in the ash cloud. They know they will loose it and the instruments on board, but the information it transmits out to those on the ground could hold many clues. They will loose an aircraft and some valuable instruments, but they won't loose of life. The drone and instruments can be replaced, but a life can't. Take Care...Don

http://fromtheold.com/news/iceland-volcano-ash-gets-worse-2010041717842.html
    Betty in Texas
    Betty in Texas

Post  Betty in Texas Tue 20 Apr 2010, 3:35 am

Wow Don, I didn't know you were a pilot! Flying over Mt. St. Helens during the eruption must have been something else! We were there this summer and it was awesome.

I remember back in the early 80's a severe line of tornadoes came through our area. I got in our plane with my 4 year old daughter and flew over the devestation within 24 hours of the storms. I hadn't had my pilot's license long so that was a real experience for me. One twister missed our house by 50 feet...dropped a tree in our swimming pool and twisted the tops out of several others. It destroyed a barn just past our house. That was a terrifying night.

We got ash from Mt St Helens all the way down in the Houston area. It covered our cars. We also got ash from a volcano near Mexico City so you are right in that stuff traveling a long way.
    Take care,
    Betty

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:10 am