Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

X-Ray dip again

sherryjeffries
    sherryjeffries

X-Ray dip again Empty X-Ray dip again

Post  sherryjeffries Sun 28 Feb 2010, 4:50 pm

The earthquake on the 27th showed up as that little dip. I wonder if this big dip means anything.

X-Ray dip again 20100228_xray
    LaLuna
    LaLuna

X-Ray dip again Empty That downward spike

Post  LaLuna Sun 28 Feb 2010, 7:29 pm

My understanding is that the "dip" is caused by something that came between the sensor (the satellite), and the source (the Sun). I don't think there's any other reason why the X-ray flux would suddenly drop off like that and then go right back up. Maybe some of you who have been studying the Sun longer than I have would have a different explanation?

I noted that the dip on the 27th occurred at about the same time as the Chile earthquake. It's possible that's just a coincidence, though. I don't know of any reason why the X-ray flux from the Sun would have a direct correlation to earthquakes on Earth.

(My thought was that it was caused by a photon torpedo from a Klingon warship that passed by the satellite on it's way to Chile! geek )

Interesting to note that the "dip" occurred at about the same time today. Something else in orbit out there?

Carole
    sherryjeffries
    sherryjeffries

X-Ray dip again Empty Re: X-Ray dip again

Post  sherryjeffries Sun 28 Feb 2010, 7:42 pm

It is an observation that when the geomagnetic field dips, the x-ray flux dips. The geomagnetic field (earth magnetic field) is effected. It can come grb's, cosmic rays, the sun CME or solar flare. Mainly I am looking at the BZ turning south, or the geomagnetic field dipping.

X-Ray dip again Bout
    LaLuna
    LaLuna

X-Ray dip again Empty About the X-ray flux...

Post  LaLuna Sun 28 Feb 2010, 8:10 pm

I've been watching these charts off-and-on for several years, and daily for the past several months. I've noticed since they switched to the GOES 14 satellite that when the Sun is quiet as it is now, the X-ray flux sizzles along at about the same rate, basically a flat line across the chart. I've never seen it drop off suddenly like this before.

X-rays are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, just as visible light is. Think of it this way... If you were looking at the visible light part of the spectrum, it's as though the Sun suddenly got much darker. Flares and CME's would cause an upward spike, i.e, things get brighter. I don't know what effect, if any, gamma-ray bursts and cosmic rays would have.

The Sun does have a clear effect on the Earth's magnetic field. We can see that in the gorgeous auroras that appear up north. I know there's a theory that it can also affect earthquakes, but that's less clear. Perhaps there's a pull or tug similar to gravity on tides, that has a long-term effect? I don't know. It seems to me that any effect it might have would be much more subtle than, say, the effect of gravity from the Moon.

Carole Smile
    sherryjeffries
    sherryjeffries

Post  sherryjeffries Sun 28 Feb 2010, 8:20 pm

Hi LaLuna,

What I am studying is the geomagnetic field and the north/south reversal. I just happened on the coincidence that when the field drops eq's hit. So I watch it.

National Geomagnetism Program

Through the analysis of the time series of the magnetic field from different geographic locations, the different source regions, be they below or above the Earth's surface, can be studied for the purposes of scientific knowledge and understanding. The monitoring and analysis of the geomagnetic field is also important for practical applications, some of which have been made for centuries. The magnetic field can The Earth's magnetosphere. be used for orientation, navigation, and mineral and oil exploration. Of more recent interest, the infrastructure and the activities of our modern, technologically-based society can be adversely affected by rapid magnetic-field variations driven by the dynamic processes in the near-Earth space environment. This is particularly true during so-called ‘magnetic storms’, when radio communication can be difficult or impossible, global-positioning systems (GPS) can be degraded, satellite electronics can be damaged, satellite drag can be enhanced, astronaut and high-altitude pilots can be subjected to increased levels of radiation, pipe-line corrosion can be enhanced, and electric-power grids can experience voltage surges which cause blackouts. The most beautiful manifestations of geomagnetic activity are aurorae, seen prominently at high latitudes near the geomagnetic poles. Given the plurality of geomagnetic phenomena, it is not surprising that the communities concerned with magnetic data are numerous and diverse. http://geomag.usgs.gov/about.php

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:05 am