Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

The Next Field Trip

Don in Hollister

The Next Field Trip Empty The Next Field Trip

Post  Don in Hollister Sun 06 Jun 2010, 9:04 pm

The town of Willits is located in Northern California and like Hollister it has a fault running through. The only difference between the two is that Willits doesn't have the same amount of offset that Hollister has. Petra and will be spending a couple of days up there taking pictures of damage being caused by movement of the fault.

We will also spend some time in the newspaper office going through their archives looking for old stories about quakes that have occurred in the area and see if we can find anything on Ukiah quake swarm that occurred a number of years ago.

All of this activity is being caused by the Maacama fault. The fault is 182Km long and it is thought to be able to have a quake up to at least 8.0+ on one of the segments. It starts in the area of Santa Rosa and ends just to the north of Laytonville. The area that seems to have most of the activity is the Willits, Ukiah area, which by the way is also closer to where a volcano is being born. Don't loose any sleep over it. At the current growth rate is should take about 400,000 years to make it to the surface.

If the town has a museum, which it should as most towns have one, Petra and I will be spending some time there. We will be look for anything related to quakes and any unusual movements.

It will be awhile before we can make the trip as the better half just got out of the hospital after have some arteries opened up.

We have gotten permission from some ranch owners to enter their property to look for any offsets giving an indication as to where the fault runs. Petra will be doing most of the walking. My legs and back just won't take anymore. I have had 3 operations and none of them worked. My problem is that I was born with small arteries and they can only carry just so much blood and no more. Take Care...Don

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:43 pm