Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

+3
beejean
Grits
Calibabe
7 posters

What the hell is going on over at EB?

Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

What the hell is going on over at EB? Empty What the hell is going on over at EB?

Post  Calibabe Mon 07 Jun 2010, 7:11 pm

I have been going over to EB for the past few weeks reading their LIAHO, National and International threads and I have come to a very distrubing conclusion: there is a lot of anti-Semitism over there.

Look, I would be the first to say that in matters of the Middle East, Israel is sometimes it's own worst enemy. While I don't think the handled the situation correctly regarding the flotilla that tried to come to Gaza, I understand why they intercepted the boats. Had they let the boat through, it could have had any number of things on it. It is bad enough that everyone on everyside of them wants them effectively pushed into the sea. However, and here comes the caveat to that, Israel sometimes complicates their situation by using overwhelming force. When you have people throwing rocks at you, do you really need to have tanks rolling over them?

I tend to be of the mind that neither side, Palestinian or Israeli, wants peace. If they did, this could have ended a long time ago.

I went there this morning to see if anyone had left a comment on Helen Thomas retiring, due to here truly offensive comments regarding Israel. It is one thing to say they should leave Gaza. I think there is a lot of agreement on that. However to say that they should leave Israel all together and go back to Poland or Germany was beyond the pale. I mean seriously did she think at all about what she said? How could anyone say to someone that is Jewish that they should go back to Poland or Germany. Last time Jews were in either country they left via smokestacks. It was a stupid comment by an equally stupid woman. However no one over there had one thread on it. There sure were enough threads there bashing Israel and those who are Jewish, but no one chastising this womans very demeaning comments.

Is it me that sees this or am I reading things wrong over there? I have a number of Jewish friends. They sometimes disagree with what Israel does in defense of their country. I am I guess just a little stunned to see so many people there that are so decidedly anti-Israel. If I am reading it wrong then maybe it is me. If I am not, well then I guess I was reading it correct. Either way it is bothersome to me in a way that people seem to be so one minded in their feelings about a country.
    Grits
    Grits

What the hell is going on over at EB? Empty Re: What the hell is going on over at EB?

Post  Grits Fri 23 Jul 2010, 1:28 am

Well, as of today, I'm going to try and go "cold turkey" on EB...

I'm just tired of all the bickering...it's neverending there... Rolling Eyes

Edited to add: and yes, I finally started bickering back and was becoming someone I did not like. My frienemies over there will get a chuckle out of that one and will say I am playing victim (attack someone is when they have no defense of their beliefs) BUT geez, I could post a joke or something silly and next thing you know I was the most evil person in the world. I came to the conclusion that I could post "The sky is blue" and some there would argue for days with me over that...It's just not worth it.

tongue
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

What the hell is going on over at EB? Empty Re: What the hell is going on over at EB?

Post  Calibabe Mon 26 Jul 2010, 9:06 pm

Grits wrote:Well, as of today, I'm going to try and go "cold turkey" on EB...

Edited to add: and yes, I finally started bickering back and was becoming someone I did not like. My frienemies over there will get a chuckle out of that one and will say I am playing victim (attack someone is when they have no defense of their beliefs) BUT geez, I could post a joke or something silly and next thing you know I was the most evil person in the world. I came to the conclusion that I could post "The sky is blue" and some there would argue for days with me over that...It's just not worth it.

tongue

Totally agreed grits.

But you know it is even more of that. It is more like if you are not of one particular political position or party then you know nothing. If you think that there are two stories to the Israel/Palestine situation you are stupid. I mean there are some very mean spirited people there that I didn't think were that way when I first went there. It is a shame because it could be a really good place to bat aroud ideas and thoughts and it has literally become this place that I hate to say borders on hate. That is really a shame because I think there are some really good people over there. I just think everyone is too caught up in themselves to really see it. That is a shame. I too did the bickering back and forth and I also agree I didn't much like the person I saw after I read what I wrote. That is not me.

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one seeing it grits. I thought maybe it is just me. Just know that you always have a home here.

Have a good one flower
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Mon 26 Jul 2010, 10:17 pm

Yes, I've seen that too and I am a supporter of Israel so the lies I see posted there really get to me. That's why I never posted much on the International board.

I like this board. Some of the same people but without the vitriol...and I love the smilies! cheers I really think they help to express emotions which was very hard to do on EB. Many, many times I'd say something in jest and man the hatemongers would come running...and I'd be scratching my head... scratch

I'm not going to down EB too much. I've enjoyed the years I spent there but there comes a time when enough is enough...Crying or Very sad It got to where I could say "boo" and it would turn into a pages long thread. That's when I knew I just needed to give it up. There is no rational discourse left there.

If you ever want to chat at night, let me know and we'll try out the chat board...

tongue
    beejean
    beejean

Post  beejean Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:58 am

Grits wrote:Yes, I've seen that too and I am a supporter of Israel so the lies I see posted there really get to me. That's why I never posted much on the International board.

I like this board. Some of the same people but without the vitriol...and I love the smilies! cheers

Thsnks for mentioning this, Calibabe and Grits. Although I try not to dwell on it, I was getting beat down by the strong 'tudes on EB. And if not that, then flamers.

It's nobody's fault per se, because its "reader beware" instead of "buyer Beware" throughout the web. A live and let live environment allows much more ability to state what your point is without clown having the tears of the clown syndrome, or the Razz razz me and I'll razz you syndrome take over. Thanks for getting these thoughts out into the open.
    Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Wed 28 Jul 2010, 12:57 am

It's hard for me not to post over there. It had become an almost daily habit for the last few years, but I'm going to do my best to stay away. I've got too much going on in my life right now to be stressed out by a message board... geek
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Wed 28 Jul 2010, 10:32 pm

Grits wrote:Yes, I've seen that too and I am a supporter of Israel so the lies I see posted there really get to me. That's why I never posted much on the International board.

I like this board. Some of the same people but without the vitriol...and I love the smilies! cheers I really think they help to express emotions which was very hard to do on EB. Many, many times I'd say something in jest and man the hatemongers would come running...and I'd be scratching my head... scratch

I'm not going to down EB too much. I've enjoyed the years I spent there but there comes a time when enough is enough...Crying or Very sad It got to where I could say "boo" and it would turn into a pages long thread. That's when I knew I just needed to give it up. There is no rational discourse left there.

If you ever want to chat at night, let me know and we'll try out the chat board...

tongue

I have often said that there are times when I think that Israel has been heavy handed when maybe they didn't need to be but when you look all around you and you see that from your north to you south to you west and parts in between want to kill you and drive you into the sea, I can understand why they react they way they do. Suppose as in Israel we too here were having people going into movie theaters or restaurants or supermarkets and blowing themselves up. What do you think the reaction would be? It would be similar to what they are doing there. However when I have read some of the stuff that has been written or even copied by several members I get nervous and think if and I say this as an if the government is watching websites that have those type of tones to them, I don't want to be part of it.

Just look me up one night. I have been known to prowl as I sometimes just can't sleep. Hope I can tonight. I have been fighthing this cold, flu, garbage, whatever the hell it is for over a week and a half now and it is literally just tiring me out yet when I got to sleep I sleep for about an hour and then I am up half the night tossing and turning. Don't know what to make of it. Usually when there is something wrong in my family that happens to me. Can't quite figure it out but I guess I will.
    beejean
    beejean

What the hell is going on over at EB? Empty Calibabe and beejean thinking that EB board Gets Nerves too Riled Up

Post  beejean Thu 29 Jul 2010, 1:55 am

Calibabe wrote:
    I have often said that there are times when I think that Israel has been heavy handed when maybe they didn't need to be but when you look all around you and you see that from your north to your south to your west and parts in between want to kill you and drive you into the sea, I can understand why they react they way they do. ....
    Just look me up one night. I have been known to prowl as I sometimes just can't sleep. Hope I can tonight. I have been fighting this cold, flu, garbage, whatever the hell it is for over a week and a half now ... Usually when there is something wrong in my family that happens to me. Can't quite figure it out but I guess I will.

I have the more frequent (lately) experience of feeling healthy but rattled. affraid So I will count my blessings, but far too often, as you've experienced during this week, being under the weather, both with worries and with symptoms, can be very draining. No need to "curb your enthusiasm" when you're plodding around each day.

Family matters -- particularly one family member's medical bills are weighing on my mind. Now, I know I can't do anything about the whole situation, so it is like sitting on a porch with a wasp's nest in the eaves. You need that long-range wasp spray to get the job done, and a commitment to get everyone off the porch and into the house in a hurry. Sometimes that is a "no can do" situation. If you're in the situation where your immune system is bothered, and your sleep is disturbed, then it's going to be an endurance test unless you can get away from the buzzing mind for a bit. Kind of like getting off the porch infested by buzzing hornets.

I just read a book , "Change your brain, change your life" . The author even goes so far as to tell you what kind of un-ease each part of the brain will cause you. What did they used to say in "DUNE" by Frank Herbert.."fear is the mind killer." pale
    Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

Post  Calibabe Thu 29 Jul 2010, 11:22 pm

beejean wrote:
    Calibabe wrote:
    I have often said that there are times when I think that Israel has been heavy handed when maybe they didn't need to be but when you look all around you and you see that from your north to your south to your west and parts in between want to kill you and drive you into the sea, I can understand why they react they way they do. ....
    Just look me up one night. I have been known to prowl as I sometimes just can't sleep. Hope I can tonight. I have been fighting this cold, flu, garbage, whatever the hell it is for over a week and a half now ... Usually when there is something wrong in my family that happens to me. Can't quite figure it out but I guess I will.

I have the more frequent (lately) experience of feeling healthy but rattled. affraid So I will count my blessings, but far too often, as you've experienced during this week, being under the weather, both with worries and with symptoms, can be very draining. No need to "curb your enthusiasm" when you're plodding around each day.

Family matters -- particularly one family member's medical bills are weighing on my mind. Now, I know I can't do anything about the whole situation, so it is like sitting on a porch with a wasp's nest in the eaves. You need that long-range wasp spray to get the job done, and a commitment to get everyone off the porch and into the house in a hurry. Sometimes that is a "no can do" situation. If you're in the situation where your immune system is bothered, and your sleep is disturbed, then it's going to be an endurance test unless you can get away from the buzzing mind for a bit. Kind of like getting off the porch infested by buzzing hornets.

I just read a book , "Change your brain, change your life" . The author even goes so far as to tell you what kind of un-ease each part of the brain will cause you. What did they used to say in "DUNE" by Frank Herbert.."fear is the mind killer." pale

I loved that movie "Dune" so off the wall but so visceral.

I wish I could get this viral whatever it is that has been getting at me to finally go. However as the old saying goes, whether or not you treat a cold/virus it will last 7-14 days no matter what. I have been drinking home made ice tea that has mint in it that I grow. I place the mint in a jar and then pour brewed tea in and place it into the fridg and drink away. The mint cools my throat which feels like again it is on fire. I don't know whether there is something in the air or whatever, but this thing has been going on over 10 days at this point and frankly I am "sick" of having it around. It is really starting to bug me big time. My chest hurts and because of the coughing spasms that I have it is putting my back out which isn't the best even in good times. Thankfully I have an absolutely wonderful chiropractor that I go to that does wonders for me, so that too helps. I guess all I can do is keep doing what I am doing and then go from there. I don't want to be put on meds because I hate antibiotics to begin with and secondly they can't use them for a viral deal anyway. Now maybe about a week ago when I was running a 103.5 fever they may have helped but I couldn't have moved myself out of the bed, let alone to the doctor.

I am sorry to hear about your family medical bills. It is honorable that you want to help as I am sure many of us would want to do but today it is hard enough just to survive all on our own without extra expenses being thrown in. It gets really hard. Your are right about the "no can do" situation and you have to know that in your heart if you were able to help you would. While I am sure that doesn't help in the here and now, know that you are doing all that you can. Sometimes emotional support is worth it's weight in gold as well.
    OregonGuy
    OregonGuy

What the hell is going on over at EB? Empty The 'Bug'

Post  OregonGuy Fri 30 Jul 2010, 12:40 am

Hi Calibabe,

I've been suffering from nearly the same thing. I finally resorted to blood electrification using Bob Beck equipment and protocal. You have to be careful about what you eat and take as medication with his blood electrification. I got a pulser(magnetic) and blood electrifyer off the internet. The pulser I used on Lymph glands areas and within a few hours started feeling better, then I got the blood electrifier which seem to beat all the fatigue back to the point where I almost feel healthy. I have enough energy now to do all my projects and go to work.

It almost feels like whopping cough(symptoms are close). I picked it up from a passenger on a bus. Cough just doesn't want to go away and I still keep spitting mucus out of my lungs. Feel better though with the Beck treatment. Next step is taking colloidal silver.

I posted some links I following on Beck stuff in a few of my recent posts.

Elderberry and Zinc lozenges helped but didn't have near the effect of the Beck stuff.

Hope this was of help to you. Get well.

Best,
    OregonGuy
    LaLuna
    LaLuna

Post  LaLuna Fri 30 Jul 2010, 11:36 pm

The news media aren't saying much about it this year, but West Nile virus is around again now the mosquito season is here. I don't know if the usual symptoms match what you have, though.

Back to the original topic, regarding EB. What the heck is wrong with that place lately? scratch Mr. B can't seem to keep the trolls at bay, and some of them are pretty vicious. It's a pity they can't find something more productive to do with their lives.

I'm glad you closed the membership here... At least if somebody acts like a jackass, you can prevent them from posting! Wish more people were using this board. flower

Grits
    Grits

Post  Grits Sat 31 Jul 2010, 2:35 am

Well "mutterer" has sent out a challenge to me, so I guess he misses me... geek tongue

He's fishing, but I'm not biting...lol

...and for the record I am not a dominionist, never have been, never will be and most of the people that get accused of that over there are not either... What a Face
    LaLuna
    LaLuna

Post  LaLuna Sat 31 Jul 2010, 2:51 am

Grits wrote:Well "mutterer" has sent out a challenge to me, so I guess he misses me... geek tongue

He's fishing, but I'm not biting...lol

...and for the record I am not a dominionist, never have been, never will be and most of the people that get accused of that over there are not either... What a Face

Some people just seem to like a good argument, I guess. Life's too short, as far as I'm concerned. If you ignore him long enough, he'll move on to "greener pastures". Arrow

I'm still fairly new to this community, but I've been seeing a LOT of new names at EB that I don't recognize lately. I don't even click on their posts. IMO, best just to stay away. Seems like the troll is a Hydra, he has many heads. Cut off one, and two more grow back! Suspect affraid

socalshakin
    socalshakin

Post  socalshakin Sat 31 Jul 2010, 5:38 pm

I mostly read EB now and hardly post due to the massive trolling there.

Until membership is required, the troll problem will persist and never go away. Even with registered members, there will still be issues, but at least you have more control that way. In a way I understand where Bopp might be coming from in not wanting to deal with registration and allowing anyone to post, but at the same time, that's where the problem lies.

Glad to see Alanon and his female personality Wilma gone, but like Carole says.. it's a hydra. Cut one off, two grow back. Part of me thinks it might be some regular posters there that want to attack other posters they don't like, but under a different handle so as not to be recognized.

I have made a good effort to not feed the trolls, by retorting, but sometimes I just have to stand up for myself and others I care about.
    Karin in wa
    Karin in wa

Post  Karin in wa Sat 11 Sep 2010, 7:18 pm

Grits wrote:Well, as of today, I'm going to try and go "cold turkey" on EB...

tongue

I'm afraid so, that is why I haven't really posted there much for quite some time, say anything and get your face ripped off or someone will just come along and get nasty for no damn reason and ryan let them get away with it.

(That and the board is going up and down for a while.
    On top of EB going off the air right now, GLP's database is offline for some reason as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:34 pm