Boppin' Along

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Boppin' Along

Forum for earth sensitives, world events, disasters, dreams, prophecies, visions, predictions.. everything and anything welcome here!

2 posters

I had an absolutely lovely day with my son yesterday

Calibabe
    Calibabe
    Admin

I had an absolutely lovely day with my son yesterday Empty I had an absolutely lovely day with my son yesterday

Post  Calibabe Thu 15 Apr 2010, 8:05 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed when sitting down to read the Sunday LA Times that they had an exhibition going on at the ICA(Italian Cultural Assoc) in the Wilshire district of Maria Callas, who was an opera singer, who had what is probably described as one of the best voices that I have ever heard. On Sundays when I was growing up, my mom used to tune into WOR or some NYC channel that played classical music for 2 hours on a Sunday morning. We did this after attending Mass. I hated it to some extent but it did make me appreciate classical music. She would tell my dad that it was "necessary" for me to appreciate things, even if I didn't like them much. I heard Callas sing the opera "Carmen" on that program and I just absolutely loved her voice ever since.

Well my son loves to listen to opera. Never forced it upon him, he just found it and listened to it and it was something that he has loved for quite a long time (he is 19 1/2).

I showed him the article and he kept it. The other day he said to me "Mom, do you think that maybe we could go see this exhibit sometime this week, it only is going to be there for a few more days". I was like "Sure, when do you want to go".

Well yesterday was the day. It was beautiful beyond words. One room was filled with black and white stills of Callas in different roles and in the middle of this room, they had 5 dresses that she wore. They weren't roped off you could literally walk right up to them and touch them. This one dress that she wore in "La Traviata" was exquisite. The velvet was a velvet that I have never felt before. It had the most wonderful feel to it and to think that that woman wore that dress just sent chills up my spine. We went into another room that had a documentary film being shown, and had glass cases that had some jewerly that she had used, some fans, gloves and even a small purse that contained her lipstick and some other items.

I was in absolute heaven for the hour that we were there. It was really a nice, nice time and my son of course took photo's (he is really talented with a camera, he has my dad's eye when it comes to photography) that came out really good.

It was just a nice day to spend with him, which I don't get much of but we really had a good time.
    beejean
    beejean

I had an absolutely lovely day with my son yesterday Empty The Peer of Opera

Post  beejean Thu 15 Apr 2010, 11:49 pm

Calibabe wrote: could go see this exhibit sometime this week, it only is going to be there for a few more days". I was like "Sure, when do you want to go".

Well yesterday was the day. It was beautiful beyond words. One room was filled with black and white stills of Callas in different roles and in the middle of this room, they had 5 dresses that she wore. It was just a nice day to spend with him, which I don't get much of but we really had a good time.

cheers cheers cheers BRAVA !

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:08 am